What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Frenzy.

Immortal
i think he'd be about half the fullback Kennedy is.. and the forum's incredibly unhappy with Bubba as is! putting Mulitalo at FB could ruin him, haven't seen him show any of the skills required, but is tracking well as a winger aside from his defensive reads.

Yeah but Stakey loves to throw the baby out with the bath water.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Honestly don’t mind the signing. Very experienced and won’t let you down with off field antics. May be past his best but can play huge minutes which will be good considering our lack of props next season.

Welcome Aiden, glad to have you on board.

Eion

First Grade
Smart signing with Hunt injured and feef with dodgy knees.

He should benefit not being seen as a leader and just playing a simple game.

It’s not ideal, but I’d rather have tolman with hunt out injured as a 1 year deal than not. Did you see our middle defence?
I did, I've also seen tolman play football as well.

Oh well, I'd already written next season off anyway so can only hope with money freed up our 2022 recruitment is something to look forward to.

Josh Hannay confirmed as assistant coach. At least Quigs will be happy about having an ex Gymea Gorilla on board!

Josh Hannay will make a return to the Sharks, joining the club as an assistant coach.

Hannay will be part of John Morris’ coaching staff at the club having most recently been caretaker coach at the Cowboys.

Hannay played three games for the Sharks in a controversial stint where he was relegated to park football — just a season after representing Queensland in State of Origin.

Cronulla were in deep discussions with Toronto Wolfpack coach Brian McDermott to join the club but border closures proved too problematic.

7bdbcb41a678cf8148e99d63b91720ec

NRL; North Queensland Cowboys training at 1300 Smiles Stadium. Coach Josh Hannay and Assistant Coach Aaron Payne . Picture: Alix Sweeney
Morris is in the final year of his contract. The Sharks, who return to training next week, needed another assistant coach after Craig Sandercock joined Trent Barrett at the Bulldogs.

Cronulla will also announce the return of Darren Mooney as their head of football. Mooney had success at the club by having a strong hand in putting together their 2016 premiership roster before moving to Newcastle to help rebuild the Knights.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/2045bf95fd512b880391a38fa325d90d

Quigs

Immortal
For fharhks sake are we the Collins Class Submarines of the NRL.

Think we have a building plan into the future only to see it blowing out and every new addition is a total 2nd hand rejected ferhuck up. By the time we get there we will be outdated.

Memories light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories of the way we were
Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another for the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we?
Could we?

Craigshark

First Grade
Josh hannay.. seems like we put all our eggs in one basket with McDermott and ended up with the last man standing. In saying that, there’s still some unemployed ex coaches I’d take over hannay.

ghoti

Bench
beggars can't be choosers and those whining about Tolman are looking at this wrong. he's a non-threatening signing for the developing props going forward...clearly a stop-gap, a fill-in who's helping out, brings professionalism and hard work and won't be around in 2022. That gives blokes like Royce and Rudolph time to prove they're top 17 middle forwards.

It's a great signing. I'd be MUCH more worried if we were going out and blowing dosh and salary cap on a marquee prop than filling in squad depth.

Edit: Also think Hannay is an improvement on what we had in support staff too. Paul Green liked him enough to have him around a few years, can trust his judgement.

bluefox68

Staff member
beggars can't be choosers and those whining about Tolman are looking at this wrong. he's a non-threatening signing for the developing props going forward...clearly a stop-gap, a fill-in who's helping out, brings professionalism and hard work and won't be around in 2022. That gives blokes like Royce and Rudolph time to prove they're top 17 middle forwards.

It's a great signing. I'd be MUCH more worried if we were going out and blowing dosh and salary cap on a marquee prop than filling in squad depth.

Edit: Also think Hannay is an improvement on what we had in support staff too. Paul Green liked him enough to have him around a few years, can trust his judgement.
So do you think Green will keep him on when he takes over in 2021?

LOL