What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liberal and Labor MPs welcome investment in Jubilee Stadium

Como Connection

First Grade
Not uncommon for CEO’s of the ‘Leagues Clubs’ not to be really that interested in the Fooball side of things. One of the reasons why some of the Sydney Clubs said yes to the Super League offer. Their focus is the profit from pokies and the ‘ Football Club’ impact their bottom line, despite the fact that they were set originally up to fund the Football Club. Despite the public perception it’s not always a harmonious relationship.
One makes money, the other does not.
CC

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Not uncommon for CEO’s of the ‘Leagues Clubs’ not to be really that interested in the Fooball side of things. One of the reasons why some of the Sydney Clubs said yes to the Super League offer. Their focus is the profit from pokies and the ‘ Football Club’ impact their bottom line, despite the fact that they were set originally up to fund the Football Club. Despite the public perception it’s not always a harmonious relationship.

Yes- St George Leagues has cashed in on its Football emblem (ie the Dragon) to brand itself as user friendly to the Chinese Community who are well known for their love of gambling. Its main restaurant and club rewards have the word Dragon in their title. Problem is that most Chinese people have zero interest in Rugby League and will never walk across the road to attend matches!

George Sancti

Juniors
Not uncommon for CEO’s of the ‘Leagues Clubs’ not to be really that interested in the Fooball side of things; one of the reasons why some of the Sydney Clubs said yes to the Super League offer. Their focus is the profit from pokies and the ‘ Football Club’ impact their bottom line, despite the fact that they were set originally up to fund the Football Club. Despite the public perception it’s not always a harmonious relationship.

and in St George's case, it was the football club that financed the construction of the Leagues Club.

Dorsai

Juniors
I thought I heard either yesterday or today the member for Cronulla, who is also the attorney General (?) has canned the Kogarah upgrade as wasteful . Probably wants to spend the money to put a chocolate wheel outside scumnulla stadium with potential naming rights on it. 52 stops on the wheel, should be able to get a new name for each week.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thought I heard either yesterday or today the member for Cronulla, who is also the attorney General (?) has canned the Kogarah upgrade as wasteful . Probably wants to spend the money to put a chocolate wheel outside scumnulla stadium with potential naming rights on it. 52 stops on the wheel, should be able to get a new name for each week.
You need a url link for that.

Also, I don't think the state MP for Cronulla has a say in this.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes- St George Leagues has cashed in on its Football emblem (ie the Dragon) to brand itself as user friendly to the Chinese Community who are well known for their love of gambling. Its main restaurant and club rewards have the word Dragon in their title. Problem is that most Chinese people have zero interest in Rugby League and will never walk across the road to attend matches!
It's the gamblers who won't walk across the road to watch the football.

You'll see people from all sorts of backgrounds at the game, including Asian.

Dorsai

Juniors
You need a url link for that.

Also, I don't think the state MP for Cronulla has a say in this.
Sorry, I caught it on the fly on a Ben Fordham interview with him. I heard him saying (and this is what I remember) spending that money at Kogarah was stupid for the fact they one play half their games there. It is going to be better spent.. and that’s when I lost the feed. I admit, I live in Tassie, so have to TuneIn the radio stations I prefer to listen to.

I thought the budget announcement said it got canned and they are doing a study only. So forget any upgrades I would say.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry, I caught it on the fly on a Ben Fordham interview with him. I heard him saying (and this is what I remember) spending that money at Kogarah was stupid for the fact they one play half their games there. It is going to be better spent.. and that’s when I lost the feed. I admit, I live in Tassie, so have to TuneIn the radio stations I prefer to listen to.

I thought the budget announcement said it got canned and they are doing a study only. So forget any upgrades I would say.
lol. Lots to unpackage there. FTR, I would love to go the Tassie, one of the few places in Aust that I haven't got to.

Anyway, if that's true, the state MP for Cronulla needs to do a lot more research on Kogarah's multi-usage and stop sounding like an uneducated dick.

Como Connection

First Grade
lol. Lots to unpackage there. FTR, I would love to go the Tassie, one of the few places in Aust that I haven't got to.

Anyway, if that's true, the state MP for Cronulla needs to do a lot more research on Kogarah's multi-usage and stop sounding like an uneducated dick.
Well he is a Liberal, say no more!
CC