What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloiai gone?

gordsy

Juniors
We have talked shit in the press again (when will we learn re this). If we back down now then the board will be every managers and you can write off a top finish for the next few years.

Tiger05

First Grade
We have to be careful about bitching around early releases when we are asking other clubs to do exactly that.

It's how you do it though. We ask but we don't become underhanded. It happened to us last season with Steff and we released Matterson. That was a mistake. I hope we keep Josh A this year and work him like a dog.

A deal will be struck when it all settles down and Lee and Lenny will say we got the better end of it.

Just like Matts
Just like Ivan
Just like Mac

Josh will be spending Christmas on the corso chugging lattes with DCE and Terry Randall.

The cash will come in handy to throw that at fresh talent

Fordy20

Juniors
He's the chairman, not owner. Honestly I like the strong language, the club needs to show some backbone after being played by managers for too long. There's also a massive difference between negotiating for a fringe first grade player in good faith with the management of a rival club, & having a player come out criticising his current club because a rival club has offered him a larger contract so long as he can get out of his last contracted year.

Normally it shits me with how willing Lee is to talk to the media, but for a change I'm stoked with what the chairman said. Maybe Lee's finally as sick as we are of being the laughing stock of the competition.

Fordy20

Juniors
It's how you do it though. We ask but we don't become underhanded. It happened to us last season with Steff and we released Matterson. That was a mistake. I hope we keep Josh A this year and work him like a dog.

f**k him and his slimy manager. Send him out to Campbelltown Oval with a pair a scissors and tell him to mow the lawn.

Tigerm

First Grade
Mowing the lawns? Painting the change rooms?

f**k and I thought our owner (at the warriors) was a loose cannon.

How can you expect to attract good players when the owner says some flippant shit like that? While literally in the same article it says they are negotiating with the Panthers to vet an early release for Laurie?
So what do you think we should do, bow down and just let the bloke walk while he is shit bagging us, like the other clowns we were nice to.
He's doing it for money, nothing more.
I think the chairman is at last showing some balls.

Yet another blight on the game and something Peter V’landys should be looking at.
He has 1 legal person immediately who can add value to the discussion.

The blight is both contracts and player managers using clubs. The way out is having the NRL being part of final contract discussion and then having that contract with the NRL at arms length but the club being the sub contractor. No more using the clubs, all managers and players know the rules.

A new coach comes on board, look at the players 1st, if they don’t like the squad that he’s going to have, don’t sign.

Now the problems, under performing players, players wanting out based on breakdown of relationship with coach, wanting to move due to family reasons, etc.

Do they allow a club to buy out a contract in order to get a particular player? Do they allow a player to buy out his own contract (that might be good as I couldn’t see a player doing that)?

Something must be done. Really can’t see that anything will or can be done though, because it will be simply too hard.

Tiger05

First Grade
So what do you think we should do, bow down and just let the bloke walk while he is shit bagging us, like the other clowns we were nice to.
He's doing it for money, nothing more.
I think the chairman is at last showing some balls.

I tell you what these guys don't get. They act like fools for money but they ruin their reputation. He has made a fool of himself.

I can't think of many players who leave us and get better. Turdesco was great with us. Matterson, Moses, Woods Tapau etc haven't come on at all. Woods career was basically over once he left us and he was an Australian prop.

Pezz70

Juniors
Yet another blight on the game and something Peter V’landys should be looking at.
He has 1 legal person immediately who can add value to the discussion.

The blight is both contracts and player managers using clubs. The way out is having the NRL being part of final contract discussion and then having that contract with the NRL at arms length but the club being the sub contractor. No more using the clubs, all managers and players know the rules.

A new coach comes on board, look at the players 1st, if they don’t like the squad that he’s going to have, don’t sign.

Now the problems, under performing players, players wanting out based on breakdown of relationship with coach, wanting to move due to family reasons, etc.

Do they allow a club to buy out a contract in order to get a particular player? Do they allow a player to buy out his own contract (that might be good as I couldn’t see a player doing that)?

Something must be done. Really can’t see that anything will or can be done though, because it will be simply too hard.

I think we need a clause in all contracts saying a breach or termination of a contract will result in compensation of 50% of the value of the contract for the player. So if a player terminates a contract they have to return 50% of the outstanding contract to the club as compensation. That compensation should be salary cap exempt.

I think we need a clause in all contracts saying a breach or termination of a contract will result in compensation of 50% of the value of the contract for the player. So if a player terminates a contract they have to return 50% of the outstanding contract to the club as compensation. That compensation should be salary cap exempt.
A good idea Pezz, there must be many ideas out there and V’landys has to get on the front foot.

Tigerm

First Grade
Or penalise the club trying to get the player to break the contract.
They’ll scream they didn’t do it, but if the player ends up there, then guilty.

Fordy20

Juniors
I tell you what these guys don't get. They act like fools for money but they ruin their reputation. He has made a fool of himself.

I can't think of many players who leave us and get better. Turdesco was great with us. Matterson, Moses, Woods Tapau etc haven't come on at all. Woods career was basically over once he left us and he was an Australian prop.

Same with Curtis Sironen. Potter knew his future was in the backrow, yet Curtis got his nose out of joint because he couldn't play his favourite position and where did he end up? In the backrow at his new club. People say Tedesco got better at the Roosters, but I agree with you, he just had a better team around him and had more time in spotlight cos he joined a glamour club. It's like the blokes who left because their progression was blocked, like JAC, Paps and Koro. They have gone on to bigger and better things, but how much of that is result of simply getting the game time they wanted?

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think the whole NRL want to see Josh mowing lawns. We shouldn't deprive NRL fans, or the media, of the comedic gold that would come of it.

But in all seriousness, let Aoili mow lawns for half the season, then come back with a bang mid way coming off the bench like a man possessed. He has no future with our club but he might help with our momentum mid season

Latest posts