What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooked

Juniors
You don’t shop him around until you’ve re-signed Leniu. That’s the point.

Hetherington is a talented player, we would’ve been able to unload him at any point.

Hetherington was shopped around late last year. The club was never keen to retain Tamou from the outset.
Leniu is next cab off the rank. Wouldn’t that say to you. The other 2 are going we should get this guy signed up asap?

The club should never had had so many players coming off contract after November 1.
I can understand Burton, but really Chrichton, Luai and Leniu should have been retained months ago. Now their here prices have gone up and the vultures are circling.
If the club was having trouble retaining Leniu, Hetherington should not have been released.

Hooked

Juniors
So much for the rubbish 'we will keep who we want to keep' and Barrett only targeting our off casts.

WestyLife

First Grade
He said we are still a chance. I will hang on to that.

If all else fails.

giphy.gif

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah some was expected but losing Tamou, Hetherington and Lenui in the same year seems a mistake. I expected Burton, one of Laurie/Staines and obviously the two props.

This time last year Hetherington was being shipped around. As for Leinu that is just part of negioating

Hooked

Juniors
We are talking for 2021. Will replace him with an external signing if he goes.

Who won't be as good. Probably another plodder.

He should have been retained months ago. The writing was on wall with Tamou and Hetherington. A club that finished 1st shouldn't lose 3 props in a matter of months.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
So much for the rubbish 'we will keep who we want to keep' and Barrett only targeting our off casts.

If we can’t keep who we want to keep then, there is not much point developing players. All the millions of dollars ploughed into it for other club's benefits.
Sure we get some playes but probably not enough at the end of the day.
I like seeing players come through the grades and turn into first graders.
The NRL need to give clubs incentives to keep developing junior players. Whether it is a salary cap dispensation or a transfer fee paid by other clubs.
It is not a fair system at the moment.

Otherwise we might well throw in the towel and start raiding other clubs.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If we can’t keep who we want to keep then, there is not much point developing players. All the millions of dollars ploughed into it for other club's benefits.
Sure we get some playes but probably not enough at the end of the day.
I like seeing players come through the grades and turn into first graders.
The NRL need to give clubs incentives to keep developing junior players. Whether it is a salary cap dispensation or a transfer fee paid by other clubs.
It is not a fair system at the moment.

Otherwise we might well throw in the towel and start raiding other clubs.
We can't raid. Who realistically wants to live in Penrith?

Status
Not open for further replies.