What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Testing - is there still a heartbeat?

For one I always considered to be one of the most reasonable , if not the most,BBB, You are getting a little Pedantic with the rules and regulations there. I looked up" Hypocritical " on your advice .. Picture of Carch there. Good lookin sucker ! No doubt popular with all. But even he acknowledged he's a hypocrite along with everyone else .. His mistake is thinking that makes it ok to be a Denialist .
Nah.
You like to shit stir and see what bites.
Which is fine as you often provide a laugh.
But please don't try and paint any other picture, it's unbecoming.

Nah.
You like to shit stir and see what bites.
Which is fine as you often provide a laugh.
But please don't try and paint any other picture, it's unbecoming.

The last two yrs Ive been through, have been death warmed up for me and my Family... I assure you thats no painting a false picture for laughs.Yes I do like taking the mickey and shitstirring ... Rather attempt a joke and have it fail than be moaning about everything. ONLY real problem I got with anyone is the Climate Change denialist Garbage and all the silly dancing around the reality which will one day hit us all . I got wacked and the warming is only about 1.3 degrees so far. Be over 3 degrees by 2050 if we stay on path we are on , and our economy will be f****d regardless of left wing or right wing Govt. Im pleased if Ive provided a laugh here or there ,unfortunately my Football experience limits my intelligent analysis of games ,teams , individual performances etc. Anyway Ive ordered a new Keyboard to try and limit my wordy posts to the denialists.New Keyboard.jpg

Last edited:
The last two yrs Ive been through, have been death warmed up for me and my Family... I assure you thats no painting a false picture for laughs.Yes I do like taking the mickey and shitstirring ... Rather attempt a joke and have it fail than be moaning about everything. ONLY real problem I got with anyone is the Climate Change denialist Garbage and all the silly dancing around the reality which will one day hit us all . I got wacked and the warming is only about 1.3 degrees so far. Be over 3 degrees by 2050 if we stay on path we are on , and our economy will be f****d regardless of left wing or right wing Govt. Im pleased if Ive provided a laugh here or there ,unfortunately my Football experience limits my intelligent analysis of games ,teams , individual performances etc. Anyway Ive ordered a new Keyboard to try and limit my wordy posts to the denialists.View attachment 43856
Sorry to hear about your family. A lot of us are going through things very similar on here and use this place as an outlet.
I wasn't having a go at you about shit stirring, I like it, as do you.
I will never get into the climate debate, let's just say I'm on your side in that one, I just have a pure hate for anything involving politics and that topic too often crosses over.

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah I hate how politics becomes embroiled in every bloody thread in here too.

Eion

First Grade
Oh Thanks !!!!! "Princess !? " Wow ! ? You think Im royalty ? Bow down and kiss my A**e! Haha ..... Nahhh!!! You saw nothing wrong with his shiteload of obfuscvating , crap , spearheaded by his original garbage insinuating all the Climate change "believers " were simply "following "some scandinavian teenager ? Good for you ! Me I got hit by Two hail storms in sept and oct 2018. Both 1 in 100 yr phenomenon. Haha Then drought then fire risk and watching effects of it down south while dipsticks posted denialist crap about climate change . The hailstorms destroyed a 250000 dollar crop and Damaged 4000 trees . I still dont know if I can get back to where I was . I know most what I post here is Crap ..Surprised you said only 99%.. But ALL you post about Climate Change is Crap. Its NOT a left wing conspiracy ,, Ill leave out the insult about your intelligence
You’re clearly doing it tough, all the best mate.

I’m not a denialist. I’m all for the billions being chucked at finding and refining better tech to move away from fossil fuels. Let’s hope the big polluters that can actually move the dial in a real way (esp China).

Frenzy.

Immortal
Is that like Ray Hadley being all happy about police until the special unit busted his young bloke?

Careful.

Oh and BTW. We have no mods in here. Some people are denoted as such but have tried to shed the tag unsuccessfully. Others were unceremoniously dumped without rhyme nor reason given.

Clearly the aim of the few is to have total control in this section of the greater forum

Quigs

Immortal
When they poured across the border,
I was cautioned to surrender,
this I could not do,
I took my gun and vanished ....

Careful.

Oh and BTW. We have no mods in here. Some people are denoted as such but have tried to shed the tag unsuccessfully. Others were unceremoniously dumped without rhyme nor reason given.

Clearly the aim of the few is to have total control in this section of the greater forum

There’s a lot of (attempted) control of the many by the few at many forums. Usually quite negative and chronically insecure. Usually personal etc

You wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire.

It makes you pleased not to know them in real life. So the encounters can be cheery in that someone else is stuck with having to know them!

I’m standing up for carch as I know him from a few encounters between us, nothing about anything else. He was friendly to me and I understood he was a bit of a legend here. All of us can have rough phases.

Here’s an indigenous mate of mine’s pet snake to cheer up @taipan and @blue bags ( Aka the peacemaker).

FFEB43CE-CE7F-4449-80BD-DE39D7846190.jpeg
It got out once and made its way into the house where they found it crashed out in one of the kids bedrooms lol.

Old mate here crafts raw spears, bundee sticks and stuff from wood. Then they are handed over to the artists to decorate and a few end up in actual ceremonies.

Last edited:
Well, well, well.... The mysterious disappearance of carch has taken an unexpected turn today. All due to some information that has come out in a certain court case that is on going.
carch came across some information in the Jack DeBellin case through a mate of his who is a court reporter. He posted it in the NRL forum, there was no presumptions of guilt or mention of any parties. He only said it could be thrown out of court because of the cops stuffing up the investigation.
He recieved a message off a mod calling him a liar, and then straight away he was banned.
Today the very point carch was alluding to came out in court. Here it is, with links and all.
I think the mod in question owes carch an apology for calling him a liar.

Police gave legally privileged material from Jack de Belin's phone to prosecutors
Angus Thompson
November 17, 2020 — 1.40pm

A detective investigating rape claims against St George Illawarra NRL star Jack de Belin has admitted to delivering legally privileged material from the footballer's phone to prosecutors.

Under questioning by the rugby league player's barrister David Campbell SC, Detective Senior Constable Benjamin Sutton agreed before the NSW District Court in Wollongong that during an analysis of Mr de Belin's mobile phone he became aware there was legally protected material in the data he had collected.

8fcd464b5757bdeaacf06ddc39422173c1b63e78

Jack de Belin is facing trial over the alleged rape of a woman in a Wollongong apartment in December 2018.CREDIT:KATE GERAGHTY

"When you served material, you had included in it what was plainly privileged material, hadn't you?" Mr Campbell asked, to which Detective Senior Constable Sutton replied, "yes."

"That shouldn't have happened, should it?" Mr Campbell asked.

Detective Senior Constable Sutton replied, "the serving of the material? In hindsight, no."

Legal privilege protects all communication between a person and their lawyers from being seen by anyone else.

The detective also said he didn't complete a disclosure certificate, a document asserting all legally appropriate steps had been taken when serving documents, when serving the material to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, as well as the defence team, in January this year.

Mr de Belin, 29, and Shellharbour Sharks footballer Callan Sinclair, 23, are facing a jury trial, having both pleaded not guilty to five charges of aggravated sexual assault of a woman in a Wollongong apartment in the early hours of December 9, 2018.

The men both claim the encounter with the woman, then 19, was entirely consensual

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...n-s-phone-to-prosecutors-20201117-p56fb9.html

Eion

First Grade
Well, well, well.... The mysterious disappearance of carch has taken an unexpected turn today. All due to some information that has come out in a certain court case that is on going.
carch came across some information in the Jack DeBellin case through a mate of his who is a court reporter. He posted it in the NRL forum, there was no presumptions of guilt or mention of any parties. He only said it could be thrown out of court because of the cops stuffing up the investigation.
He recieved a message off a mod calling him a liar, and then straight away he was banned.
Today the very point carch was alluding to came out in court. Here it is, with links and all.

Police gave legally privileged material from Jack de Belin's phone to prosecutors
Angus Thompson

A detective investigating rape claims against St George Illawarra NRL star Jack de Belin has admitted to delivering legally privileged material from the footballer's phone to prosecutors.

Under questioning by the rugby league player's barrister David Campbell SC, Detective Senior Constable Benjamin Sutton agreed before the NSW District Court in Wollongong that during an analysis of Mr de Belin's mobile phone he became aware there was legally protected material in the data he had collected.

Jack de Belin is facing trial over the alleged rape of a woman in a Wollongong apartment in December 2018.CREDIT:KATE GERAGHTY

"When you served material, you had included in it what was plainly privileged material, hadn't you?" Mr Campbell asked, to which Detective Senior Constable Sutton replied, "yes."

Detective Senior Constable Sutton replied, "the serving of the material? In hindsight, no."

Legal privilege protects all communication between a person and their lawyers from being seen by anyone else.

The detective also said he didn't complete a disclosure certificate, a document asserting all legally appropriate steps had been taken when serving documents, when serving the material to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, as well as the defence team, in January this year.

Mr de Belin, 29, and Shellharbour Sharks footballer Callan Sinclair, 23, are facing a jury trial, having both pleaded not guilty to five charges of aggravated sexual assault of a woman in a Wollongong apartment in the early hours of December 9, 2018.

The men both claim the encounter with the woman, then 19, was entirely consensual

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...n-s-phone-to-prosecutors-20201117-p56fb9.html
Might be waiting a while...

Best case is the powers that be swallow their pride, so the right thing, and let carch back in quietly. And maybe have an honest think whether they played the man not the ball.

I doubt the law here will be concerned about what played out in court. They will back their previous decision.

Lu is a private operation, I can’t see where they are legally compelled to succumb to any unhappiness or disgruntlement with their decisions or rulings. They are not forcing anyone to read or post things, but they are subject to laws like anyone else.

Sometimes I think they are quite wrong, but to be fair, sometimes I think they are very lenient and forgiving. When I say they I mean mods as well. The forum can’t function without them and it would lose patronage without their efforts. Even if they err. There’s a lot of excellent mods on lu.

I would like to see carch back of course, but all I can do is offer my support for that ambition.

But the law here will run their forum as they want to. It’s up to them, that’s the truth of the matter and the way it is. The vast majority of people value and appreciate it.

Last edited:
I doubt the law here will be concerned about what played out in court. They will back their previous decision.

Lu is a private operation, I can’t see where they are legally compelled to succumb to any unhappiness or disgruntlement with their decisions or rulings. They are not forcing anyone to read or post things, but they are subject to laws like anyone else.

Sometimes I think they are quite wrong, but to be fair, sometimes I think they are very lenient and forgiving. When I say they I mean mods as well. The forum can’t function without them and it would lose patronage without their efforts. Even if they err. There’s a lot of excellent mods on lu.

I would like to see carch back of course, but all I can do is offer my support for that ambition.

But the law here will run their forum as they want to. It’s up to them, that’s the truth of the matter and the way it is. The vast majority of people value and appreciate it.
If you were a Sharks supporter you'd see things differently.
We've seen LU let everything, and anything, go when it comes to our team. We ride with it because we know there are some teams, that when negativity gets posted about them, "they" shut it down.
It shows how precious some supporters of other teams really are.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Angus Thompson

Reads uncannily close to a message I received in June from 1 Ay EF.

If you were a Sharks supporter you'd see things differently.
We've seen LU let everything, and anything, go when it comes to our team. We ride with it because we know there are some teams, that when negativity gets posted about them, "they" shut it down.
It shows how precious some supporters of other teams really are.

Other things I’ve heard suggest an opposite view than carch and unless it’s been over turned then I commend to you this case heard in the highest court in nsw:

https://nswcourts.com.au/articles/court-allows-police-officers-illegal-evidence-to-be-used/

It pretty much excuses the police from errant conduct in that case.

But no doubt the lads lawyers will argue it doesn’t apply to them as the facts present very differently.

So it’s a courageous person who makes a call on it before the court has reached a decision.

There was a case where the cops got a warrant but then raided the wrong house ( next door) and found dead people.

So at a community level, do you exclude the evidence at the wrong house because of the error?

And that’s an extreme case sure, but it’s a question of working out where the balance of peoples freedoms v police power lie. There’s a test for it.

We don’t have a bill of rights here. Freedoms are very limited as a hang over from uk law.

I understand that in the USA, some states would prohibit the evidence, others may allow it.

To your general point, there are people, I don’t know why they are here other than to hate on people. It’s very sad my friend.

BBB "He recieved a message off a mod calling him a liar, and then straight away he was banned.
I think the mod in question owes carch an apology for calling him a liar."

Ahhh... So he did Know why he was booted ?does that make him a liar ? Thought you said he didnt Know . Oh didnt know the exact details I guess will be answer .. Ok Anything in a court case will be sensitive so he must have known he was pushing his luck .,. I think I totally agree with what he was saying regarding the incident in question but ffs surely hes got enough sense to know when and where to say such things. Ok Moderaters were unfair ? Well bend over in front of someone that already dont like you and you are surprised to get Kicked ? Not everyone is as fair minded as me !:D

Last edited:
BBB "He recieved a message off a mod calling him a liar, and then straight away he was banned.
I think the mod in question owes carch an apology for calling him a liar."

Ahhh... So he did Know why he was booted ?does that make him a liar ? Thought you said he didnt Know . Oh didnt know the exact details I guess will be answer .. Ok Anything in a court case will be sensitive so he must have known he was pushing his luck .,. I think I totally agree with what he was saying regarding the incident in question but ffs surely hes got enough sense to know when and where to say such things. Ok Moderaters were unfair ? Well bend over in front of someone that already dont like you and you are surprised to get Kicked ? Not everyone is as fair minded as me !:D
No I didn’t know. He said he didn’t know as he hasn’t been told why. He’s assuming it was what he posted, after today’s reports from court I guess it was part of the story.
You’re trying too hard.

Quicksilver

Bench
I can understand why the admin wouldn’t want something like that posted about an active court case- whether it be truthful or not.

The risks are just too high.

I can understand why the admin wouldn’t want something like that posted about an active court case- whether it be truthful or not.

The risks are just too high.
Horse shit.
Have you seen what they have let go whenever it has involved the Sharks?? Way worse has been posted, and left up.
It's to do with certain sides and their pissant supporters.

Quicksilver

Bench
Horse shit.
Have you seen what they have let go whenever it has involved the Sharks?? Way worse has been posted, and left up.
It's to do with certain sides and their pissant supporters.

That may well be the case. It may have been a convenient excuse to boot him because he gives a lot back when our club is attacked.

But I still wouldn’t let a post related to that stay up- purely from a risk management perspective.

A permanent ban is rough though.

That may well be the case. It may have been a convenient excuse to boot him because he gives a lot back when our club is attacked.

But I still wouldn’t let a post related to that stay up- purely from a risk management perspective.

A permanent ban is rough though.
You're being pretty fair, and that's fine. This is not a new concept though, some clubs on LU definitely get protected.
The LU Animal Farm.