What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin III - QLD 20-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
R.Kelly has got speed but he can get a bit SKD at times.

If NSW keep their cool and replicate their effort last week, Munster or not they should win. Although I can see the penalties/ penalty count making you swear they've brought Barry Gomersall back to life...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Edrick will catch a screamer one handed over 2 defenders for a try but drop it cold with nothing but the tryline infront of him.

After having faifai-loa pull off ridiculous efforts in the corner (even if a standard put down was all that was required) and then absolutely butcher the end of a straight draw and pass for a few seasons i know how beer bottle to broken tv screen rage inducing this is.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm not the biggest Edrick Lee fan but I think he's give you way more in terms of those early tackle hit ups than Coates and Sami combined.

Reactions: Vee

Danish

Referee
The amount of press that is being given for this "rematch" between Haas and whatever the idiot's name is who swung 2 limp wristed punches at each other is bloody embarrassing.

If that "fight" broke out in the 80s or 90s they'd both have been dropped for bringing shame to the jersey.

You can't advocate for removing the biff at every turn and try and talk up a bit of push and shove as some sort of brutal cage match

gUt

Coach
Is this really the worst quality QLD side ever?

in my opinion, yes. But...

I also think this is the worst quality NSW side ever..

Yep it’s a completely different season with Covid effects etc.. but I’m not as convinced as many NSW will win.

The blues have to fly up today. When they last flew in on game day to Adelaide they were woeful. Yes they’ve now had 2 games together to build “rapport” but the ease they won game 2 can lead to a false dawn. Especially given Munster went down. .. Similar happened last year - beaten game 1, smashed Qld game 2 then the decider (in Sydney) was only decided in the last minute.

This decider is in Qld, to the first full house of the year, in November, flying up on the day, with (imo) the worst quality NSW side ever...

They SHOULD win. But I’m not convinced they will. Especially if Munster stays in the game for the full 80.

Reflector

Juniors
Similar happened last year - beaten game 1, smashed Qld game 2 then the decider (in Sydney) was only decided in the last minute.

Realistically, Game 3 last year was over by the hour mark when Cook scored. It only finished a close contest because the officials suddenly discovered a glut of convenient penalties to award Qld in the last 10 minutes that put them in close attacking range of their line.

Regardless of the quality of the sides tonight or how they play, the NRL would love another close contest to finish off the season and to continue The Narrative that Origin is always a close contest. I fear that Qld will be reffed as if every one of their players is Cameron Smith....

Latest posts