What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestyLife

First Grade
Aiden Tolman and Kieran Foran basically. They’ve re-signed a couple of there young guns including Averillo/Elliot and brought in Flanagan, Hetherington, Cotric, Waddell and Luke Thompson mid season on big money from the UK.

They still have money to sign our own Crichton, Burton & Lenui I don’t think so. Seriously.

Something like 8 players were told to clean their lockers out after the last game.

Kilkenny

Coach
They were. Some are looking to see what is out there.
They will come back to the club for the last bite.

There simply cannot be too much out there over and above what we can offer them given our own sacrifices already made and the fact there is are simply no clubs left with significant amounts of money left and that should clearly include the Bulldogs whose acquisitions already secured would not have come cheap.

I can’t blame any player for attempting to do what is best for them and their family but i will be shocked if we lose Crichton and Lenui. Burton I can sort of understand given he obviously would prefer to play in the halves.

I will remain optimistic till the bitter end. The whole situation sadly is leaving a bit of a sour taste on what was a great season.

Cant wait for origin to be over and get our roster sorted for 2021.

Kilkenny

Coach
Something like 8 players were told to clean their lockers out after the last game.

No different to any other club, players not likely to figure in the top 17 and on relatively small contracts. The only players of any real consequence where Tolman and Foran.

Tolman and Tamou probably cancel each other out were probably on similar money and while Foran was on stupid money Jack, Cotric, Flanagan and the others equate to whatever he was on if not substantially more.

The Pommy Luke Thompson was lured here allegedly on huge money.

Where is the extra $1.5M or more to sign Burton, Crichton and Lenui. I don’t get it.

Blade23

Juniors
There simply cannot be too much out there over and above what we can offer them given our own sacrifices already made and the fact there is are simply no clubs left with significant amounts of money left and that should clearly include the Bulldogs whose acquisitions already secured would not have come cheap.

I can’t blame any player for attempting to do what is best for them and their family but i will be shocked if we lose Crichton and Lenui. Burton I can sort of understand given he obviously would prefer to play in the halves.

I will remain optimistic till the bitter end. The whole situation sadly is leaving a bit of a sour taste on what was a great season.

Cant wait for origin to be over and get our roster sorted for 2021.

Unless his manager makes another demand. Crichton will be staying. Things are on the same path again.
We are not out it with Leniu, but we may struggle to match the Dogs offer.
There are rumbling the Dogs may lose Thompson and they have a whole heap off contract end of next year. They have the cash to burn for 2022.

franklin2323

Immortal
If you believe James Hooper the Bulldogs are close to securing Crichton, Lenui and Burton it is just BS and not possible. They spent significantly already and to suggest they still have sufficient to sign the above is absurd.

Given Crichton in particularly wants to live locally it makes no sense

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Unless his manager makes another demand. Crichton will be staying. Things are on the same path again.
We are not out it with Leniu, but we may struggle to match the Dogs offer.
There are rumbling the Dogs may lose Thompson and they have a whole heap off contract end of next year. They have the cash to burn for 2022.

Sadly that oft happens.

I felt sure Staines would leave us. In the end after much chat he chose to stay.

Sadly it's often what happens after a club has a sucessful season.

Kilkenny

Coach
Seriously, we make our first (and unexpected GF) in 17 years or so and our whole roster appears to be on the brink of being disbanded a victim of the supposed salary cap. Other clubs in recent times make the GF on a regular basis and don’t experience the same amount of hurt and pain and carry on regardless even bringing in players. All the media narrative around player recruitment and retention is all about the Panthers, no such issues for the side who won the GF or the sides who also finished in the top four. There is something seriously wrong here.

WestyLife

First Grade
So.

Tigers: Luarie, Tamou

Dogs: Burton, Lenui, Hetherington.

Will be a shame would've been nice to keep Lenui and Laurie.

WestyLife

First Grade
Seriously, we make our first (and unexpected GF) in 17 years or so and our whole roster appears to be on the brink of being disbanded a victim of the supposed salary cap. Other clubs in recent times make the GF on a regular basis and don’t experience the same amount of hurt and pain and carry on regardless even bringing in players. All the media narrative around player recruitment and retention is all about the Panthers, no such issues for the side who won the GF or the sides who also finished in the top four. There is something seriously wrong here.

Lots of talk about JAC. Storm said no and that was it. We don't have that authority in the game where managers won't mess with us.

Kilkenny

Coach
Given Crichton in particularly wants to live locally it makes no sense
So.

If Daine has signed with the Tigers from 2022 then absolutely no point in keeping him here next season. Let him leave early.

Spencer was an absolute must keep and until this past few days I assumed we would keep him. Having said that James Hooper’s success rate on what he writes is about 10% so I am still confident we will retain Spencer.

I’m really over this situation. This is not how our best season in 17 years should be panning out, we shouldn’t be having these discussions. Very disappointing. Whatever anyone’s views about Gus Gould were we probably wouldn’t be having these discussions now. We wouldn’t be in this predicament even allowing for the issues or mistakes around the long term contracts he gave to Blake and RCG.

MugaB

Coach
So.

Add Mansauce to the tiggers list.
Actually im not too sure burton, and leniu are going anywhere, seems like we are only going on the up as a group, and if your starting off in 1st grade, you wanna be where the best players are, thats us, going off the dallyMs, and playerchoice awards, we had a player in the top of every position, these guys want to stay together, deadwood will get cut for this to happen

Mansour was fine in the GF. Very unlucky not to have a brace and took his (no) try pretty nicely. Of course he's not going to run down Vinivalu from there. The answer is to not throw intercepts rather than expect your stocky, leg drive based winger to chase down one of the quicker players in the comp from a 15 meter lead. He certainly wasn't blown off the park. Its true that Edwards didn't have a great game. I think he was injured though.

What lost us the GF was nerves, our right side defence and a touch of bad luck. Martie's right, we cruise through that game playing at even 70%, despite the edge their back 3 have in the top speed metric. Footy isn't athletics.

Vinivalu fell to the ground when he intercepted it, Mansour was only quick enough to get a hand on him. Another faster winger makes that tackle.

There’s no single reason we lost the grand final, but we can obviously benefit from more speed in our backline.

No other team in the comp uses two workhorse wingers like we do, I think it’s a weakness of the team. We need more height and pace to take advantage of Cleary’s kicking game. Look what he was able to do with JaC on the wing in SOO2.

WestyLife

First Grade
Add Mansauce to the tiggers list.
Actually im not too sure burton, and leniu are going anywhere, seems like we are only going on the up as a group, and if your starting off in 1st grade, you wanna be where the best players are, thats us, going off the dallyMs, and playerchoice awards, we had a player in the top of every position, these guys want to stay together, deadwood will get cut for this to happen

Hopefully but money seems to be the main factor in all this.

Aiden Tolman and Kieran Foran basically. They’ve re-signed a couple of there young guns including Averillo/Elliot and brought in Flanagan, Hetherington, Cotric, Waddell and Luke Thompson mid season on big money from the UK.

They still have money to sign our own Crichton, Burton & Lenui I don’t think so. Seriously.

Bulldogs are recruiting for 2022, not just 2021. Most of their roster is gone at the end of next year. I don’t think they’re going to sign all those guys, but they’ve got serious money in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.