What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Frenzy.

Immortal
Hannay. FMD. Morris must be happy.

Morris wanted him. Tolman is an astute signing. He'll do a job. He also won't take up significant cap space. It's a one year deal so can be turfed to save money later to try and land bigger fish. He'll mentor your Vasquez's and Wiltons and Pele's and Martins etc. He won't rock the boat and is stable in temperament. Works his moot off too.

Ads

First Grade
Morris wanted him. Tolman is an astute signing. He'll do a job. He also won't take up significant cap space. It's a one year deal so can be turfed to save money later to try and land bigger fish. He'll mentor your Vasquez's and Wiltons and Pele's and Martins etc. He won't rock the boat and is stable in temperament. Works his moot off too.
Oh I know Morris wanted him. He’s no threat.

Ads

First Grade
McDermott was the preferred option but proved too difficult. Given his experience and ability he would have been a threat but still wanted him.
Could have made it work. The difference in the two is so great that I don’t believe there was a plan. Can’t go from a guy with McDermott’s cv to a guy like hannay if there’s planning involved. If you’re gonna get an inexperienced coach to assist at least get one that people want.

Chimp

Juniors
Scott Sorensen being linked with a few Super League clubs - if Tolman is being paid roughly why Sorro was on, then that is great business.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Can this get worse
Tolman - offers nothing there will be no tackle breaks, he won't charge into the line but jog, so basically we have woods & Tolman who don't want to run hard, Fifita who runs crossfield.

Hannay - they have to be kidding has failed already once here as a player, showed nothing as assistant at Cowboys mised job there, we gave up on Mcdermott because of covid, considering Bulldogs got there player, Raiders bringing out another english player.
We can't organise this the club is hopeless,
Don't be shocked that Roosters even manage to land someone from UK
This club under Bomber bad these are his signings now going backwards.
Still Trindall not signed

coolumsharkie

Referee
Can this get worse
Tolman - offers nothing there will be no tackle breaks, he won't charge into the line but jog, so basically we have woods & Tolman who don't want to run hard, Fifita who runs crossfield.

Hannay - they have to be kidding has failed already once here as a player, showed nothing as assistant at Cowboys mised job there, we gave up on Mcdermott because of covid, considering Bulldogs got there player, Raiders bringing out another english player.

Tolman is a great signing for us, Gallen type player, hits up all day, tackles in high numbers. Here to mentor as Frenz said. Hannay has some FG coaching experience and will be better coming in like that rather than coming in green. (pun intended)

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Can this get worse

I think the Tolman signing is a good one. Out of the three props you mention, Tolman was easily the best in 2020. My sons follow the dogs so I saw a fair bit of him. He's tough, he runs straight, he makes tackles. He'll be on close to bottom dollar. Morris is still nursing a roster that isn't his. He is still stuck re salary cap...those things just don't go away.

snout

First Grade
I can't believe Hannay is even applying for coaching gigs.
Youd think after the last 8 weeks of the Cowboys year he wouldve identified he has no farkin clue.
Whenever a caretaker takes over the team lifts. Its their parting shot to the outgoing coach - see, it was you not us.
The Cows went from bad under Green to worse than abysmal under hannay.

Why dont we just forfeit '21

Stake Removed

First Grade
I can't believe Hannay is even applying for coaching gigs.
Youd think after the last 8 weeks of the Cowboys year he wouldve identified he has no farkin clue.
Whenever a caretaker takes over the team lifts. Its their parting shot to the outgoing coach - see, it was you not us.
The Cows went from bad under Green to worse than abysmal under hannay.

Why dont we just forfeit '21
I am confident this will be our worse year since 2014.
We can be chasing players for 2022 as that's allowed want a fullback Teddy is off contract and we have money

txta2

Bench
Did a snap in Tollmans face in the surf couple of weeks ago , take that cu nt. I'll have to give him a wave now lol

Quigs

Immortal
I am confident this will be our worse year since 2014.
We can be chasing players for 2022 as that's allowed want a fullback Teddy is off contract and we have money

Don't worry we will land Teddy. It just won't be until about 2028 and just after his 3rd knee recon.

He'll come a lot cheaper and will be a good mentor to the young blokes.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Can this get worse

I don’t reckon I’ve seen one positive post from you in about six weeks. Perennial far can whinger.

It is what it is. Salary cap restrictions means we can only get players with a low value. We can’t go out and sign Taumalolo, Wighton, Cleary, Tedesco now can we? Look at the facts.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I don’t reckon I’ve seen one positive post from you in about six weeks. Perennial far can whinger.

It is what it is. Salary cap restrictions means we can only get players with a low value. We can’t go out and sign Taumalolo, Wighton, Cleary, Tedesco now can we? Look at the facts.
We can for 2022 but we don't even seem in mix

Stake Removed

First Grade

I would be positive if club had some positive news, we can't even resign Trindall.
The club's inability to move players on, even the Broncs moved Bird on granted paying some freight, and he has played less games then Moylan.
We have underachiever in Jack Williams and can't move him on even, but Roosters quickly move on Flanno

Latest posts