What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on Paul Green

ghoti

Bench
If i was playing Cronulla Sharks football manager the videogame...... i'd hire Green as Coaching Director for 2021 + three years Head Coach for 2022-2024.. Bomber gets full support as head coach in 2021, and offered 3 years as assistant coach and head of pathways under Green (with a salary upgrade on the chump change he's on as a fkn thankyou for eating our shit). Kicker being that both those deals live with the understanding that Bomber will be offered head coach from 2025 if he wants it.

That gives certainty for five years (not gonna jinx the hypothetical by calling it a five year plan), a succession plan, training for Bomber rather than him having to tread water in shits creek...experienced coach added for a fixed time, and the understanding that we believe Bomber is a prospect for the club's coach indefinitely when the time's right. Transparency in a Rugby League club!

Will never happen cos of coach ego's, and boardrooms seeming to for some f**ken reason needing to dick everyone around and undermine all appointments..

we'll end up trying to get everyone to come, piss off Bomber, piss off Green, get laughed out of the room by Fitzgibbon, and reach out to Stephen Kearney or some shit

Attended and a couple of the games and thought he did a pretty good job defensively on Alphie Langer when playing the Boncs ..Whippet up against wendell was also another favourite matchup!

Ads

First Grade
How do we feel about him? Does he like to drink water? Gee 2021 is soon
Unsure if his style of play is what we need going forward. Question marks over the team falling apart after thurston as well but that probably would have happened regardless of who was coaching (Bellamy aside).

I thought he was going to be the next big thing in coaching, and would have definitely had him here, then I saw whom he had as assistant coaches when he win the comp:
David Furner
Jason Demetriou
John Cartwright
Todd Payten.

That's some heavy duty support staff going on, one which we would never spend on.
Conclusion, he's a no from me. We need a stronger character, and dare I say it, one who is maybe a bit smarter and doesn't need so much help.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Had some pretty good cattle and got the most out of them in ‘15. Cows have been pretty underwhelming for the last few years though. Not convinced he’s an upgrade from Bomber....also concerns me some of the good young talent they’ve let go over the last few years (Cows). Don’t mind the Bomber pathways idea should we decide to go in a different direction.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I like Green and think he will thrive at his next gig.

I have no need to replace John Morris.

The players he has bought through, Brailey, Talakai, Katoa, Uele etc etc have been great for us.

The expensive ones he inherited hit and miss at best.

I want to see more from Wade this year and I put that on John, Wade has all the skills, needs the right direction.

Eion

First Grade
Yeah Green won a comp, but with the best player and once he went, they underperformed.

He’s unproven for me, so would pay accordingly. Wouldn’t rush to punt bomber first Green, but would consider on an open market at a mid level coaching contract. I get the feeling he thinks he’s worth top dollars though.

Yeah Green won a comp, but with the best player and once he went, they underperformed.

He’s unproven for me, so would pay accordingly. Wouldn’t rush to punt bomber first Green, but would consider on an open market at a mid level coaching contract. I get the feeling he thinks he’s worth top dollars though.
They went well to make the GF in 2017 without Thurston. Once again he had a strong assistant team in Dave Fairleigh, Payten, and our very own (now) Josh Hannay. Then again they only started playing well in the last month of the season, also then again the comp is such that is all you need to do.
As a GF winner he probably does deserve a half decent pay, but at this stage I tink we'd get the same, if not better, with Morrris, and a lower salary.

sandshark

Bench
He ain't coming here.. Townsend and Johnson just backed Morris for the job and if we know our Chad, his word is final.

snout

First Grade
Methinks Spec K is not asking hypotheticals.
I get the read he knows sumthin and is asking do we agree with whats def happening.

Stake Removed

First Grade
He ain't coming here.. Townsend and Johnson just backed Morris for the job and if we know our Chad, his word is final.
If the club is listening to Chad we are bound to fail.
If Chad plays 12 or more first grade games in 2021 we don't make finals.
The guy has gone backwards for years

Quicksilver

Bench
If the club is listening to Chad we are bound to fail.
If Chad plays 12 or more first grade games in 2021 we don't make finals.
The guy has gone backwards for years

Oh no, Chad might miss one finals series out of like eight years or something....

You’ll be right, eventually. Keeping spinning that same record.

Latest posts