What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 2020

Blair

Coach
52,000+ tonight in Brisbane! You can never doubt their ability to inspire an inferior Qld side to victory.

It's also cold, wet weather in Sydney! So the vibe is set for Origin footy.

I'm in again.

JJ

Immortal
52,000+ tonight in Brisbane! You can never doubt their ability to inspire an inferior Qld side to victory.

It's also cold, wet weather in Sydney! So the vibe is set for Origin footy.

I'm in again.
I’m counting days until the cricket

and if NSW can’t finish this, they’re a joke...

Blair

Coach
I’m counting days until the cricket

and if NSW can’t finish this, they’re a joke...

I'm 'hate-watching' both the Fox and Cleary on one side and Munster (with Slater on commentary) on the other. The rest seem OK.

Blair

Coach
6-zip. Maroons, 6th minute. That happened last week and they ended up thrashed. The crowd might have some say in that this week.

Blair

Coach
A freak try to the Blues. The fullback dropsca bomb in-goal, Cherry just stares at it at his feet. Tedesco puts his hand on the ball. Try! Six-all.

Blair

Coach
Papalii's offloading, look out NSW.

12-6, Qld. Halftime. Edrick Lee scored outwide after sustained pressure and some Blues errors.

I still think NSW just need to click into gear though.

Second-half excitement, ending with a desperate Blues attack on the Maroons line. 12-man Qld hold out to win 20-14. That was fun to watch.

Last edited:
Worst QLD team ever just won the series.
Bye bye Fitler???
Master class by Wayne.
Munster and Grant on fire.
Tedesco a big loss.
If Holmes could catch a pass it would have been by 3 more tries.
Season finally over.

When does preseason training start?;)

Campion

Juniors
I actually agree that it was one of the worst QLD teams ever... Edrick Lee and Brenko Lee in the side?! Holymoly. I wouldn't even put them among the 1st 17 at the Warriors, and Corey Allan would be a maybe at best. Yet they won!

Big Marn

Juniors
im a maroons fan but that harry grant try is dodgy af. ive freeze framed it and he does not have control of the ball when it touches the stripe. The definition of a try in league is really a big stain on the game. At least Union makes the player have some sort of control of the ball in the act of grounding it.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sutton made his mark on that game big time, 60mins in QLD had 63% possession with a big penalty and 6 again count in their favour, got out to a 14 pt lead and all of a sudden NSW get a couple of penalties and score ...

That Addo-Carr one is interesting, I don’t subscribe to the “too far out” stuff, he is the fastest man on the park and he is ahead of every QLD chaser at the point he is taken out. NSW option taking was extremely poor though when they had the extra man

Meth

Staff member
Worst QLD team ever just won the series.
Bye bye Fitler???
Master class by Wayne.
Munster and Grant on fire.
Tedesco a big loss.
If Holmes could catch a pass it would have been by 3 more tries.
Season finally over.

When does preseason training start?;)

would be a classic overreaction to punt Fitler based on this particular series in this particular season. However, on paper, should have been 3-0 to NSW.

Bennett masterclass, no doubt.

Massive series from Munster (the king of 2020 in the end) and Gagai

Meth

Staff member
Glad to say goodbye to this season and have a break from Rugby League. Keen for some cricket

Blair

Coach
Glad to say goodbye to this season and have a break from Rugby League. Keen for some cricket

Same here, what an exhausting season!

I'm clocking out, see you all for round one in March.

Cheers all, have a great summer.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Honestly how much of Origin being "good" and "so competitive" is down to vastly superior NSW teams just not having a proper dig for the lion's share of the last 40 years.

JJ

Immortal
Honestly how much of Origin being "good" and "so competitive" is down to vastly superior NSW teams just not having a proper dig for the lion's share of the last 40 years.
Think there's been a fair bit of complacency at times - but that goes to culture, I guess, and aside from the Gould and Fearnley years, Queensland have had a mortgage on that

LeagueNut

First Grade
As usual, NSW try to play footy while QLD play Origin. It sounds like a Gus Gould cliche but it's true. NSW just haven't figured out that Origin is a different beast.

Also - end of the 2020 season, deciding Origin match, largest post-Covid sports crowd anywhere in the world, and not a single mention on the Newshub sports news last night. f**k you Newshub.

Latest posts