What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin III - QLD 20-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I dont think it was either half. What are halves really meant to do with no forward platform from their own half all game?

Forwards too often just get skipped over in the blame game, but they were shocking tonight

I agree tbh

I also think when the forwards get smashed it almost forces bad options from the halves because they feel like they have to be creating miracle tries due to lack of field possession. I just didn't mind Clearly up until the last 5 minutes when he went literally insane

Eelectrica

Referee
It's shocking mate, you are waiting for the ref to pull him up. He does it for the Storm as well and seems to be the worst offender with Munster. I think it's a Bellamy thing.
No surprise. While they get away with it it'll keep happening. Bellamy coaches his players to play to the edge of ref limits. Refs afraid to act for fear of deciding the result.

Had we lost I would have blamed that incident and blown tries.

While we kerp getting close series and tight finishes Origin is far from dead. Dead for a few players like Ben Hunt and probably Sami though.

Munted

Bench
Why would they take the 2? Learn from game one, you need to be within 2 in the closing minutes to take away the opposition slowing it down with deliberate penalties.
Haven't thought of it like that. Wise, consisting the negative play that's a mainstay in our close games.

This is hilarious.

Like I don't usually hang shit on other teams since I've supported a shit club team for the last 10 years. But QLD had absolutely no business winning this series. Absolutely none. I feel like this is close to the lowest NSW could possibly go - worse than the 8 in a row since we actually had a godlike team at that time.

Cleary is the higher profile player but what the heck was Walker doing before his injury. I barely noticed him out there. Cleary took some dumb options sure but i dont think he was our biggest problem

I wouldn’t necessarily say dumb options, I’d say more he didn’t know what else to do a lot of the time so default to kick and hope. It was mind-numbing to watch. Frigging horrible.

They played like they never got off the plane.

stryker

First Grade
Yes. Players who score tries in grand finals and win man of the match awards are dud big game players.
Where is your proof he is not?
Since missing Dally M he has been shit on a stick. Forget his downhill skiing in game 2, he has failed the back end and lost everything.
It’s f**ken hilarious.

aqua_duck

Coach
The way NSW played and the dubious reffing a good QLD team would've won by 30. I thought Sutton really had a poor game, the ruck was not reffed evenly, perhaps the crowd got to him, some of those soft late tackle 6 agains were back breaking and the non penalty/sin bin for Kaufusi was just plain wrong. Sutton aside the blues just never recovered after losing Teddy, Gutho is a good club footballer but IMO isn't really up to it at this level abit like Kurt Gidley, the halves were just shocking, Cleary's 5th tackle options were diabolical, there was not a single high kick that put any pressure on the QLD back 3, the best attacking kick of the night was put in by Isaah Yeo.
Freddy needs to go back to the drawing board and pick players in their rightful positions and utilise the bench better