What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin III - QLD 20-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't speak for NSW, but from an outsider it almost seems as though Joey was right in saying that NSW just don't get it.

They probably would have gone close if Teddy hadn't have come off though?

He was a huge loss but ultimately I can’t see that was the difference between us winning or losing. We played like strangers... similar to game 1 - both games we flew in on the day.

I’d say we lost the series more than Qld won it. But that’s not meant to be a sledge at Qld.

This Year?

Immortal
I can't speak for NSW, but from an outsider it almost seems as though Joey was right in saying that NSW just don't get it.
I'm just sitting here looking concussed ( courtesy of crown lager ) because I can't fathom how we've thrown this series away tonight.
After 8 straight years of having QLD shoved down our throat, I'm stunned how in any way, shape or form this series would be a forgone conclusion.
It's as predictable as the outcome after a Mary halftime speech.
Now we have to endure the bragging rights of the zenophobic non-covids when they literally are the least deserving to do so.
At least it brings a smile to a few of my friends faces.

The_Frog

First Grade
It wasn't all Clearys fault but he was definitely one of the worst. A completely contrasting performance to Game 2. He went from best on ground to worst imo. Its just an opinion, not sure why people are taking things personally. Cleary is a good player, just not when it matters.
The forwards were outplayed, just like game 1. Cleary was pretty good I thought.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yep. Can't fault the famous Qld spirit. Put them in front of a home crowd, and all hey d all game is turn up for each other. As I expected, some of the Qld players started tiring late. But you have to put that down more to mental fatigue.

NSW played an unexciting and boring game. All this Cleary getting the ball two passes of the ruck, then passing it back inside for a forward shat me no end.

This isn't bias, but if you are going to have a half playing SOO, you want familiarity for him. IMO, Luai would have been perfect for Cleary tonight. In contrast, you saw how much Munster was bouncing around and frustrating the defence. Luai would have done similar damage.

But any hoo, that's footy. Hope everyone had a good 2020 season, and here is to next year. (whenever that starts.) :)

Nah Cleary needs more familiarity than what Luai can provide on his own. Better toss in Koroisau, Aussie Jim, Edwards, Crichton, Martin and May as well - just to be sure.

Knight76

Juniors
Straight up QLd won and deservedly so.

But that ending, a play happens which is challenged, the challenge is successful. Surely the right call here is to give the team that won the challenge the benefit of that challenge.

The ruling was Friend knocked on, therefore advantage NSW, QLD don't get to run the ball dead as the error has occurred.

Such a bizarre finish that NSW challend, challenge upheld because QLD knocked on, full time QLD win.

Anyway, well done QLD, outplayed and out enthused NSW.

Origin gets to live another year.

GongPanther

Referee
They used a black and white ruling on that penalty try situation, I am a QLD fan.

Nobody on the field was stopping Addo-Carr in that position, the backlash will be big.
I don't think there will with the exception of those who had a punt on the game and they are speaking through their pockets. But I have to add, the way Qld pull victories like this is the reason I wont bet on SOO.

If NSW would have miraculously pulled off a win, the better side would have lost. So congrats and enjoy the big win.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Has calling a Qld team the worst in history ever turned out good for us? Last time I remember hearing that was game 2 in 06 where we got demolished. I assume 95 was the same thing as well. Perhaps we should worry about picking players in the positions they play for their clubs.

It’s never turned out well because Paul Gallen’s peanut sized brain isn’t connected to his mouth.

Smug Panther

First Grade
E
Man lot of bagging on Cleary in here, poor bastard wasn't gonna do shit the way the blues forwards were bent over tonight, can't compare with Pierce, often the blues forwards dominated during his time and he still f**ked it up.

Pick him, don't pick him, as a maroons fan I'd rather you not
he kicked from our 40m line all night. Crichton is the only forward who had a go