What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin III - QLD 20-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
I think the blues kryptonite is having too many players to pick from sometimes as well as complacency
Yep and instead of picking the best available in their positions they pick the top 20 or so available meaning they field teams full of fullbacks, 5/8ths and backrowers.

billygilmore

Juniors
I think the blues kryptonite is having too many players to pick from sometimes as well as complacency

This was the blues problem during there glory years, most of the time for them just picking the best players and finding a spot in the 13 worked for them but every now and then they just wouldn't gel and we'd snag a series here or there, Qld really shouldn't have won a series during the 90's

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tupou getting way too much of a free pass. One of the worst on the field in game 1 and gave QLD their winning try. Great game 2. Ordinary tonight and had a terrible handling error for qlds second try. You expect an origin winger to clean up munsters 2nd kick.

aqua_duck

Coach
Yep and instead of picking the best available in their positions they pick the top 20 or so available meaning they field teams full of fullbacks, 5/8ths and backrowers.
Nailed it, you had 2 centres in Crichton and Lomax who both had great seasons but you pick a fullback and 5/8th in the centres, you had a number of good front rowers who have proven themselves in origin but instead you pick 4 lock forwards.

shear_joy9

Coach
Next year they need to move both Cordner and Frizell on, either Wighton play five eight or not at all. Him and Gutherson just lack the size and strength to be effective at centre. They need to pick a utility on the bench.

lol.
Size and strength is the last thing they lack. Playing and training the entire season in completely different positions is what made them look so average.

For a bloke who got 3 Dally M points week in and week out Wighton was quite useless tonight. Frizell likewise. Haas not much better although he did appear to do some tackling. Too many players picked on reputation.

By the way, I wouldn't be so quich to call for Latrell's return solely on the grounds of others going bad.
Haas is still 20 and needs time, it was stupid of Freddie to pick 3 players inexperienced SOO players in the front row, especially with 2 of them being so young.

Wighton just can’t play centre effectively. He’s not fast or strong enough. I would have had Latrell back this year without any question if he was available, he’s a player that you can pass the ball and you know he’s almost always going to beat the 1st tackler if it’s 1 v 1. How many other players provide that sort of strike power?

The_Frog

First Grade
Haas is still 20 and needs time, it was stupid of Freddie to pick 3 players inexperienced SOO players in the front row, especially with 2 of them being so young.
I did suggest James Tamou, but was howled down. Also RCG didn't get a run. I'm thinking what NSW needs is a real coach. One who can compete with Bennett.