What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin III - QLD 20-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
f**ks 5 bitches on tik tok.
Gets top 3 on Dally m.
Plays in a grand final in a side not rated to be top 8
Is nsw best player in games 2 and 3
Cashes $1m a season paycheck despite nobody rating him whatsoever
Did he f**k those tik tok slugs?
The only thing he f**ked was his reputation when he lied about it and almost derailed the season he apparently starred in.

He's rated as NSW best in all ratings I've seen. And honestly who did better than he did in the blues team?

Considering how badly his team went he exceeded reasonable expectations of a halfback in those circumstances.

But of course he cops the blame when his team gets demolished even when he's their best player.

Ive just seen some official “ratings”. Did my own too here a post or two ago. It’s all a matter of opinion but...

For Cleary to be rated a 7.5 out of ten... is honestly a joke IMO. In the most critical play-making role... what the hell did he create???

a 40/20. That was great. But the rest of his kicking game... absolutely uninspiring... get to 5 - boot and hope. Even an effing mid-field bomb in the 2nd half..

Blame the forwards perhaps?

Yeah they included many duds too. Cleary wasn’t alone.

Who was better?

Crichton
Addo Carr
Tupou
Saifiti
Gutherson

For the positions they were in they met their expectations far more than Cleary and the other blues.

But Cleary is the best half back NSW have got right now, and I can’t see many on the horizon to challenge. So he’ll be there for a long time and I want him to succeed. But he’s had one good game in a blue jersey (out of 6??). I’ve seen this story too often before....

eg Mullen, Pearce....

I hope he doesn’t stay in that bracket and actually cracks it.

Ratings lol
Teddy n/a
Tuopo poor
Wighton poor
Gutho ok
Jac poor
Walker - garbage
Cleary - ok
Turbo - garbage
Crichton - good
Frizzle - hot garbage
Haas - Arse
Cook - garbage
Sigiti - ok

Bench
Brown - what’s the point of this useless merkin ?
Finergan - played sorta shit
Yeo- ok
Paula - looked unfit in comparison to last week

Souths bloke - Alan - poor
Holmes - awesome
my friend Dane- average
B lee - average
e lee - awesome
merkinster - awesome
DCe- average ( excellent speech though )
Tino - good
Cape well - yeah ok
Welch - great
Friend - usual dud play but solid
Paps - great

grant - awesome
Frankenstein - awesome
Kafusi - awesome

f**king terrible call on jac no try ... if Alan doesenr shoulder him he scores 99percent

f**k Sutton us a pea heart and f**k you gal for getting qld all fired up

mxlegend99

Referee
Ive just seen some official “ratings”. Did my own too here a post or two ago. It’s all a matter of opinion but...

For Cleary to be rated a 7.5 out of ten... is honestly a joke IMO. In the most critical play-making role... what the hell did he create???

a 40/20. That was great. But the rest of his kicking game... absolutely uninspiring... get to 5 - boot and hope. Even an effing mid-field bomb in the 2nd half..

Blame the forwards perhaps?

Yeah they included many duds too. Cleary wasn’t alone.

Who was better?

Crichton
Addo Carr
Tupou
Saifiti
Gutherson

For the positions they were in they met their expectations far more than Cleary and the other blues.

But Cleary is the best half back NSW have got right now, and I can’t see many on the horizon to challenge. So he’ll be there for a long time and I want him to succeed. But he’s had one good game in a blue jersey (out of 6??).
You're more f**ked then Sutton is.

He was playing behind a pack which got demolished with no field position or posession. A halves job depends largely on those areas and he still managed to have an impact on the game despite being pumped in those key areas.

What impact did any of the players you listed have? Nathan was comfortably the best in a losing team and minimised the damage dramatically both defensively (he saved a lot of tries) and offensively.

No half in the competition could have done better in those circumstances. QLDs best didn't even do better in a dominant side ffs. Game1 there was a case for Cleary going missing in a badly beaten team. But Game 3 he was the only reason they had a sniff at all. Trying to blame blues best player for losing just doesn't make sense when there's a dozen players who didn't do shit you can blame

He was playing behind a pack which got demolished with no field position or posession. A halves job depends largely on those areas and he still managed to have an impact on the game despite being pumped in those key areas.

What impact did any of the players you listed have? Nathan was comfortably the best in a losing team and minimised the damage dramatically both defensively (he saved a lot of tries) and offensively.

No half in the competition could have done better in those circumstances. QLDs best didn't even do better in a dominant side ffs. Game1 there was a case for Cleary going missing in a badly beaten team. But Game 3 he was the only reason they had a sniff at all. Trying to blame blues best player for losing just doesn't make sense when there's a dozen players who didn't do shit you can blame

Have another ten beers...and get a job in the bunker...

Perth Red

Post Whore

nsw looked totally devoid of attacking ideas, that’s on the halfbacks. Being able to kick 4 good kicks in a game isnt the mark of world class halfback! He’s got talent undoubtedly but he goes horribly missing in the tough games. 6-6 he should have took the game by scruff of neck like Munster did.

lol.
Size and strength is the last thing they lack. Playing and training the entire season in completely different positions is what made them look so average.
Wighton and Gutherson could have played centre all year for their clubs and their performances wouldn’t have been much better then what was on show for the last 3 games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Very good I reckon. Very very very nearly sent it into golden point but Qld cheating prevented it.

hard to say given nsw couldnt put a backline attacking play on for love nor money! Best winger in the world and it was like he was playing rugby union sitting out there with nothing to do!

The_Frog

First Grade
End of day this was a massive underdog win and choke by Freddie’s boys. On paper nsw would have been stronger in at least 75% of positions. Munster stepped up behind an awesome effort by the qlnd pack.

A win for Origin. As I pointed out before the series started, the whole thing shits itself when NSW win too much.

And yes the Qld pack were very good, and yes they did deserve to win, or alternatively the NSW pack were horrid, apart from Crichton. Too many picked on reputation from poorly performed teams.

nsw looked totally devoid of attacking ideas, that’s on the halfbacks. Being able to kick 4 good kicks in a game isnt the mark of world class halfback! He’s got talent undoubtedly but he goes horribly missing in the tough games. 6-6 he should have took the game by scruff of neck like Munster did.
Imagine you’re Nathan Clearly. On one side you have Yeo who’s playing out of position and Frizell who doesn’t even run anymore by the looks of it. The other other side you have Crichton, who played well and Wighton who couldn’t punch a hole through a paper bag. Then you have Gutherson out the back who tries hard but other then that isn’t very special. What is he meant to do? He has hardly any strike power to work with and his forward getting smashed doesn’t exactly help.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Imagine you’re Nathan Clearly. On one side you have Yeo who’s playing out of position and Frizell who doesn’t even run anymore by the looks of it. The other other side you have Crichton, who played well and Wighton who couldn’t punch a hole through a paper bag. Then you have Gutherson out the back who tries hard but other then that isn’t very special. What is he meant to do? He has hardly any strike power to work with and his forward getting smashed doesn’t exactly help.

branko Lee and Edrick Lee are hardly a world class pairing but Munster still looked very good!

I did suggest James Tamou, but was howled down. Also RCG didn't get a run. I'm thinking what NSW needs is a real coach. One who can compete with Bennett.
They need any but Freddie, can you tell me how you would come to a decision to leave out David Klemmer from the entire squad? I just don’t get it.