What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nov 18 2020: State of Origin GAME 3

Incorrect

Coach
If I was a Knights fan, I'd be looking for a huge turnaround in form from Frizzel in 2021. Maybe he just needs that change of scenery but he has been floating between being ineffective and ordinary for the past year or so. Knights are paying big coin I imagine. Needs to produce something more than he has been recently to justify it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If I was a Knights fan, I'd be looking for a huge turnaround in form from Frizzel in 2021. Maybe he just needs that change of scenery but he has been floating between being ineffective and ordinary for the past year or so. Knights are paying big coin I imagine. Needs to produce something more than he has been recently to justify it.

How Frizzell was selected ahead of Ryan Matterson, I don't know...

84 Baby

Referee
I must have watched a different match. Chin Boy best blues player by a margin ...

NSW PLAYER RATINGS GAME III

1. JAMES TEDESCO (c) 4

The skipper had a promising start to the game before he was taken from the field. A quick reaction to reach out on a live ball after Corey Allan dropped it saw him score NSW’s first of the night. Unfortunately his night ended 11 minutes later after a nasty head knock. Was sorely missed.

2. DANIEL TUPOU 5.5

Rocks and diamonds. Knocked on a crucial ball which eventually led to QLD’s second try and knocked on an attempted intercept... but scored an important try to keep the Blues in the game and finished with 113 metres

3. CLINT GUTHERSON 5.5

Showed some improvement in defence in the centres before Tedesco’s concussion saw him shift to his home at fullback. Gutho did his best to fill the shoes of the game’s best player and finished with a try assist and linebreak assist.

4. JACK WIGHTON 4

Didn’t seem to get much ball. Threw a forward pass.

5. JOSH ADDO-CARR 5

Came in off his wing allowing Valentine Holmes to cross in the corner for QLD’s first but pushed Holmes into touch to save a try. Definitely didn’t have the same impact we usually see from the Foxx.

790772_640x360_large_20201118204832.jpg

Horror error gifts Blues try

0:53
6. CODY WALKER 4

A lot quieter than Game II. The elusive five-eighth, known for his ball-running, only took one run for one metre in the first 60 minutes. Unfortunately just as he started to look like he was ready to come alive, Walker suffered a scary head knock and was taken from the field with five minutes to go.

7. NATHAN CLEARY 7.5

Must have taken plenty of confidence out of his Game II man of the match performance as the Blues’ halfback backed it up with another classy performance. Put in a perfectly weighted kick to set up NSW’s first, albeit it was a clunky try but it got the Blues on the board. Showed some impressive courage to kick a 40-20 early in the tackle count to take back control in the first half. Made a try-saving tackle after Tupou turned the ball over. However, he dropped off in the second half.

8. DANIEL SAIFITI 6.5

Looked as though he didn’t have the same fire in the belly as he had in Game’s I and II. however, he pushed hard in his second stint, finishing the night with 119 metres — the most for NSW — one tackle bust and 22 tackles.

9. DAMIEN COOK 5.5

Very quiet by Cook’s standards. His combination with Walker didn’t catch fire at all. Finished with the second lowest run metres for the Blues he was however his usual safe self in defence making 37 tackles for none missed.

10. PAYNE HAAS 6.5

Had a busy first stint making 26 tackles and showed some skill to catch a Jake Friend chip kick on the line. Finished with a mammoth defensive effort with a game-high 42 tackles.

11. ANGUS CRICHTON 6.5

Was one of NSW’s better performers with a big start to the game. Stayed busy with 88 metres, 27 tackles and two tackle busts.

12. TYSON FRIZELL 4.5

Slipped off a tackle on Harry Grant and conceded two penalties.

13. JAKE TRBOJEVIC 6

Busy in defence and was his ever reliable self for the entire 80 minutes.

14. DALE FINUCANE 6

Solid performance as expected. Made 23 tackles and two tacklebusts. Nothing outstanding but did his job.

15. JUNIOR PAULO 5

Came up with some big tackles but gave away a penalty for an unnecessary push on Daly Cherry-Evans and lost the ball on the final play.

790780_640x360_large_20201118215914.jpg

Grant carving NSW on debut

0:47
16. NATHAN BROWN 3

Only played 12 minutes so didn’t have much of an opportunity.

17. ISAAH YEO 6

Brought into the game earlier than expected and out of position. Made a break late in the game and had the right idea when he kicked through the ball in the final minutes for what could have been a NSW try if Addo-Carr wasn’t taken out.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...i/news-story/b21a7358760e9fefc3696861ef0e2f2e
Did Ruan do the ratings?
Tedesco should’ve been N/A because too harsh to judge him for getting knocked out 10 minutes in.
Wighton should’ve also been N/A because the streaker has more impact on the game than him.
Juniors last play knock on is harsh given Big Game Chin didn’t want the ball with the game on the line.
And Chinry gets best rating for one kick, where if Moses played the same way as him this series people would’ve accused him of being a downhill skier. The reincarnation of Mythchell Piss, Mythan Chinry.

I remember having a look at his stats when there was talk of us signing him, and compared them to Crichton and maybe Josh Jackson and he didn't look good. Crichton I think was the standout.

strider

Post Whore
article on SMH saying that when Arrow did his shit on Teddy and Munster slammed cleary in the fiace the NSW forwards were M.I.A.

Its probably right ... our forwards seemed a bit timid last night .... needed alot more mad merkin

hineyrulz

Post Whore
article on SMH saying that when Arrow did his shit on Teddy and Munster slammed cleary in the fiace the NSW forwards were M.I.A.

Its probably right ... our forwards seemed a bit timid last night .... needed alot more mad merkin
Haas should of played in a Tiara last night.