What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Aloiai

simmo05

Bench
Problem is if they enforce contracts then all contracts will be 1 or 2 years. Maybe that is not bad.
I think the issue is far more greed from managers and players than regret of clubs for paying too much, thats more a judgement call from fans and the media than the clubs
I'm a huge fan of 1-2 year contracts. They will be playing for a contract every year, the quality of footy would skyrocket!

Travitoh

First Grade
To channel my inner @T-Boon, i would like to see the NRL go down a similar route to the American leagues where a player can move clubs while under contract but the current deal remains without any renegotiation.

AJB1102

First Grade
To channel my inner @T-Boon, i would like to see the NRL go down a similar route to the American leagues where a player can move clubs while under contract but the current deal remains without any renegotiation.

Can only move at the 3/4 time break though.

TheDMC

Bench
His speed is what makes him a good player. It’s like Marshall in his hey day, not so much the brain but speed.

Though what irks me is that we get the flack for letting JAC go but we did buy him from Cronulla first.

His speed was, and is, his greatest attribute. But all other areas of his game have improved a lot in the last 3 or so seasons at Melbourne.

some11

Referee
I'm a huge fan of 1-2 year contracts. They will be playing for a contract every year, the quality of footy would skyrocket!
Remember the days when the titans gave 5 year contracts to Idris and Zillman.

Good grief.