What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

ryana87

Juniors
Knight social teasing a signing...... Do not get excited.... I repeat.... Do not get excited

It's going to be Josh King

Silent Knight

First Grade
I know he cops a lot of flack and in previous years it was warranted, but credit where's it due for Josh King. He did look a lot more like a first grader this year because AOB has a knack for getting his forwards to perform at a fairly high level. Now if only he could do the same thing with a certain halfback of ours...

King is never going to be a world beater earning rep jerseys and commanding marquee money. But I still remember 2001 and we had honest toilers in that GF team like Paul Marquet, Clinton O'Brien and Glenn Grief. Granted they had the GOAT running the team and two NSW & Australian rep backrowers, but the point still stands. You need no-frills depth like King and I doubt he's taking much out of our cap. I'm okay with it.

The Cessnock comment by Knight76 made me LOL though, so that's why it gets a like from me.

Knight76

Juniors
The Cessnock comment by Knight76 made me LOL though, so that's why it gets a like from me.

Yeah that one was for the Lols.

Just funny they are teasing a player we already had on the books and isnt exactly an exciting signing.

He will be cheap and be a good depth signing.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
King has managed to grow into a serviceable squad player in the last couple of years. Good on him, he’s obviously a hard worker and you gotta have people like that at the club at all levels. We all know he’ll never be in rep discussions and probably won’t feature that regularly in our team if other players are fit but I’m happy for him all the same.

Volcom6685

Juniors
Anyone else see this .
Knights coach Adam O'Brien has turned to a former Samoan international with a reputation for being an enforcer to add further steel to Newcastle's forward pack next season.

Sauaso Sue, an experienced eight season campaigner who has had previous stints with Wests Tigers and the Bulldogs, is set to link with the Knights for the next two years to fill the void following the early retirement of Tim Glasby.

Yosh

Coach
Anyone else see this .
Knights coach Adam O'Brien has turned to a former Samoan international with a reputation for being an enforcer to add further steel to Newcastle's forward pack next season.

Sauaso Sue, an experienced eight season campaigner who has had previous stints with Wests Tigers and the Bulldogs, is set to link with the Knights for the next two years to fill the void following the early retirement of Tim Glasby.

Nice. He any good?

PhilGould

Bench
Yep it's from Toohey in the Newcastle Herald. Rated him a few years ago when he was with the Tigers but haven't paid much attention since he moved to the Dogs. Would imagine he's pretty cheap.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Got to say the reaction from Knights supporters on Facebook and Twitter re the King contract is hilarious (Big surprise).

Probably 80% nannas to 20% death riders.

Personally, King can have a pie and coke deal as long as he wants (he will play 90% reggies, but cover injuries via bench prop), as long as it means money is available for quality middle imports, I can accept.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Sue could be a sneaky good buy, he's got good leg speed for a prop and is very aggressive. After losing Glasby and Herman we obviously needed to sign another middle and he's probably one of the better options still available. He's 28 which is coming into the best years for a prop and has close to 150 games under his belt so at worst it's a cheap depth signing with plenty of experience

Yeah, halves, hookers and middle forwards are thin in stock right now. Well, good ones anyway

Im happy to see him come onboard as i think hes what we need in the middle right now. He is aggressive with a bit of ball play. We have enough honest toilers

Yosh

Coach
When I think Sue, I think Fa'aoso. Someone with impact but a dirty pair of hands. Do I have the wrong impression?

aqua_duck

Coach
When I think Sue, I think Fa'aoso. Someone with impact but a dirty pair of hands. Do I have the wrong impression?
Wouldn't say bad hands but more so lapses in concentration whether it be a silly penalty, lazy marker defence, things like that but build wise yes very similar to Faaoso and hits hard, absolutely folded Klemmer in half when we played them last year