What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
Mennings was good for us this year. If he's rubbed out, we get the salary cap space back without penalty.

If he accepts the B sample result then yes, he’s suspended and his contract invalid.

if he challenges the B sample, he stays contracted whilst the case is heard which means us paying him not to play for the majority if not all of 2021

If he accepts the B sample result then yes, he’s suspended and his contract invalid.

if he challenges the B sample, he stays contracted whilst the case is heard which means us paying him not to play for the majority if not all of 2021

Sharks aren't paying Xerri for 2021 (for the time being at least). But you may be right in effect.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Xerri tested positive twice

The NRL released a statement following Xerri’s second positive test.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/0bebd127523f391e778851c3a73f6898

different to Mennings who still waiting for his B sample, although I suspect its already known, they just take forever to release the results

Yeh, I know. My response was based on the assumptionthat Jennings will have his B-sample result released well before the 2021 season. Plenty of time to discuss the salary cap treatment for 2021. The Sharks have held Xerri's paymens since Nov 1 in escrow.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh, I know. My response was based on the assumptionthat Jennings will have his B-sample result released well before the 2021 season. Plenty of time to discuss the salary cap treatment for 2021. The Sharks have held Xerri's paymens since Nov 1 in escrow.

don't hold your breath mate, I'd be surprised if his B sample results is released in time for us to get a replacement for 2021

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd be going hard for Corey Allen...very versatile.
Easily play centre and fill in at fullback or wing if/when needed..
Otherwise i reckon giving Gagai an upgrade wouldn't be bad. Tell him he's representing Qld every week
Allan is a good fullback but he has never played centre in first grade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But you should be able to gauge defensive ability more easily than fullback ability. And I say that as someone who is well known for wanting a dozen or more fullbacks in a team.
Sure but if you're buying a centre you want him to be able to defend at centre. I'd rather Opacic at centre than Corey Allan. He's cheaper and a proven performer at a position where you don't need a star.