What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Well 1 thing I think this means is that with BJ, Roberts, Momo and Talau, I can't see Mbye playing in the centres so looking like a move back to fullback or to the bench for 21
He went OK at FB when he played there, from memory.
Though if we get Diane Laurie released from Penrith for next year, he is also very quick and a 1 or 6?
All of a sudden we have some speed finally.
Just need JAC to complete the puzzle.

simmo05

Bench
U r kidding.They had the softest of draws in contrast to the horrendous one we were given when comp was rebooted.They were also blessed by the injury gods.They had fk all injuries throughout the season & It’s inconceivable that at the business end of comp a team would have all 30 squad members fit like they did.
That Melbourne team would be up there. Just like the warriors, they didn't go home for months, but still won the f**king thing. The benchmark for profesionalism, every club in the comp should be taking notes on how it's done. Imagine if our club had to go into a bubble for months on end...these merkins here complain when they have to train too hard.

simmo05

Bench
Well 1 thing I think this means is that with BJ, Roberts, Momo and Talau, I can't see Mbye playing in the centres so looking like a move back to fullback or to the bench for 21
Hopefully we can't see the useless merkin play at all! Does anyone wanting him to play fb remember when he f**kin dogged a bomb when chasers were coming through? One of the most cowardly things I have seen in a first grade game...

Not doubting Roberts ability but he has a habit of not fulfilling his contracts, hopefully as a person he is in a good place and enjoys his time as a player at the WT.

Tiger05

First Grade

I hope Mbye isn't at fullback or he works on his bombs. I like Mbye as a utility reserve. I suppose they view all of them as an option on the wing as well.

Roberts is a pretty good signing. Low cost plus he has speed. We need more players like that.

Das Hassler

Bench
Well..welcome aboard James Roberts. ..apparantly he's happy as larry to be back with Madge so ...up to him now...he's WT now so his history starts glass half full....at his best he's great but in any case it doesnt sound like a big dent in the cap.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
One thing is for sure, with Roberts & BJ as centres we'll certainly be top 8 in missed tackles. I can live with his signing due to the low $ & only one year, but it's not going to end well. I hope I'm wrong but IMO we'll be lucky to get 6 games out him.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m really happy with a Roberts joining WT..I rate him at least as good as JAC...Apart from his speed He’s tough when he returns the ball for a small body...
He has just blown a few clauses at Souths so he was asked to leave so hopefully we can be the beneficiary of a bad past for a change...
It’s all about the alcohol...If he can give it a rest he will be great ..I’m pretty sure he stopped for a while before He just needs to do it for good..if not then we have a problem...I watched that George Best doco and yea alcohol always wins when it’s a problem
We don’t need Mbye now surely - we have a centre to take his place and Tamou as captain and Laurie at fullback I don’t know how good he is but I don’t care..he sounds ok

Last edited:
The rumour is $150k per season.
1 year + 1 year (our option)

i like this, if we lock up Laurie for 2022, then Jimmy comes in for next year and can be moved on if he’s unneeded in 2022. If Laurie needs another year in reggies we can hang on to Jimmy for a second year and bring Laurie in for 2023.

oh and if Jimmy is anything close to the player he can be then we can get a second year out of him on the cheap. If he’s a spud it doesn’t stuff our cap up at all.

Das Hassler

Bench
One thing is for sure, with Roberts & BJ as centres we'll certainly be top 8 in missed tackles. I can live with his signing due to the low $ & only one year, but it's not going to end well. I hope I'm wrong but IMO we'll be lucky to get 6 games out him.

Signed for 2 years

Das Hassler

Bench
2 years with the second year an option in the club's favour. So realistically only 1 year if it doesn't work out , which I hope it does. The club deserves a break in the signing department & I reckon Roberts deserves a happy/healthy & successful 2 years as well.

Ok..thanks...much happier with that

simmo05

Bench
i like this, if we lock up Laurie for 2022, then Jimmy comes in for next year and can be moved on if he’s unneeded in 2022. If Laurie needs another year in reggies we can hang on to Jimmy for a second year and bring Laurie in for 2023.

oh and if Jimmy is anything close to the player he can be then we can get a second year out of him on the cheap. If he’s a spud it doesn’t stuff our cap up at all.
He has never been close to the player he could have been.