What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Don Tweddle

Juniors
No chin was a terrible first grade coach but was our AC for 2016.

I remember seeing an interview with him at the time where he said his role was just putting out the witches’ hats for training and running water bottles etc. I have a feeling that wasn’t false modesty, that’s what he was actually doing.

AJB1102

First Grade
I remember seeing an interview with him at the time where he said his role was just putting out the witches’ hats for training and running water bottles etc. I have a feeling that wasn’t false modesty, that’s what he was actually doing.

"Oh mate full credit to the boys ey" is how I'd gauge that without having seen the interview in question.

Must be pretty good at putting cones out and running water in 2010 and 2016. Bloody good remuneration for it anyway.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I guess the club got sick of waiting to be Benjis second choice
Either that or lack of transparency around what they were doing to appease die hard fans who were about to march down Captain Cook Drive with the placards “sign trindell now”
I would have rather they not say anything at all - and let the negative banter continue, more fun that way

Snoop Shark

First Grade
If the club had brains there is a Koori fella by the name of Ryan James that is currently not signed by an NRL club. Similarities to Cody Walker in the sense of “late bloomer” although he has always been a gun player.

If someone gets on here to say the former titans captain has already been signed I’ll deadset slap them. Not that Ryan James I’m talking about

snout

First Grade
If the club had brains there is a Koori fella by the name of Ryan James that is currently not signed by an NRL club. Similarities to Cody Walker in the sense of “late bloomer” although he has always been a gun player.

If someone gets on here to say the former titans captain has already been signed I’ll deadset slap them. Not that Ryan James I’m talking about
Pretty sure Raiders have already signed him - and hes no cody walker.
Plays front row.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Nowra-Bomaderry?

Stake Removed

First Grade
Another day and yet the club fails to move anyone on the bloody wooden Spooner's are actually moving players on but no this club we still have not been able to move one of these players
Dugan
Moylan
Townsend
Woods
Fifita
Even lesser lights
Magoulias or Williams at least the Jets team will have plenty of experience

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Another day and yet the club fails to move anyone on the bloody wooden Spooner's are actually moving players on but no this club we still have not been able to move one of these players
Dugan
Moylan
Townsend
Woods
Fifita
Even lesser lights
Do you really think we are trying to move Chad, when SJ is broken? f**k me.

Quicksilver

Bench
Dugan
Moylan
Townsend
Woods
Fifita
Even lesser lights

we could move them all on in a day if we offered to cover all but the NRL minimum wage which would be met by their new club... but that would be terribly bad business and it would leave us in a worse place in terms of cap.

Think about it.

Stake Removed

First Grade
we could move them all on in a day if we offered to cover all but the NRL minimum wage which would be met by their new club... but that would be terribly bad business and it would leave us in a worse place in terms of cap.

Think about it.
So Bird for example Broncs covering half of his wage not bad business considering they have moved in a player over paid and is injury prone, but our club does not seem to have the ability to get clubs interested.
Townsend is never injured won a premiership and we had Dogs interested and that was it

Quicksilver

Bench
So Bird for example Broncs covering half of his wage not bad business considering they have moved in a player over paid and is injury prone, but our club does not seem to have the ability to get clubs interested.
Townsend is never injured won a premiership and we had Dogs interested and that was it

Clubs are either interested or they’re not.

Dino is not a used car salesmen.

And that’s assuming they actually want to move on the players you listed.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Can only move players that

a) want to move on
b) clubs want to take on at the right price for both them and us.

Besides Mooney is back, well not sure when he actually starts but I'm confident we'll start making some moves, either with contracted players or recruitment for 2022.

Need to lock in a coach though. I'm sure we would have looked more appealing to Burton if we actually had a coach. Though the Barrett connection might have been too hard to overcome but they'll be other instance where no coach restricts us I'm sure.