What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It does go to show the idea of loyalty isn't a factor at Panthers. Though I guess we already knew that.

There is loyality and loyality (if you get my drift)

The amount of money some clubs ae throwing round for blokes like Crighton, Burton etc is quite astounding.

It's an opportunity for Crighton in particular to set himself and his family up for life. Considering Crighton has come from such a poor background it's quite understandable.

Loyality went out of rugby league when played were allowed to play outside out their development areas in the 1970's.

Especially now in 2020.

I'd love to see Stephen stay. But I'd also hate to see the Lewis type situation some years ago, when all the cao was tied up in the wrong places.

The Josh Mansour situation I believe the club attempted to do the right thing by him. Giving the 30 year old winger a heads up that father time is catching up fast.

These kids are loyal to their teammates and their families.

The idea of one club players is increasing rare, a myth held unto by supporters and members.

WestyLife

First Grade
Loyalty is history in professional sport

Roosters and Storm don't lose players they want to keep.

There is loyality and loyality (if you get my drift)

The amount of money some clubs ae throwing round for blokes like Crighton, Burton etc is quite astounding.

It's an opportunity for Crighton in particular to set himself and his family up for life. Considering Crighton has come from such a poor background it's quite understandable.

Loyality went out of rugby league when played were allowed to play outside out their development areas in the 1970's.

Especially now in 2020.

I'd love to see Stephen stay. But I'd also hate to see the Lewis type situation some years ago, when all the cao was tied up in the wrong places.

The Josh Mansour situation I believe the club attempted to do the right thing by him. Giving the 30 year old winger a heads up that father time is catching up fast.

These kids are loyal to their teammates and their families.

The idea of one club players is increasing rare, a myth held unto by supporters and members.

completely agree it's not new. The key is keeping who you want not everyone. For us it's harder after such a good year since the desperate clubs are, well desperate and willing to pay overs at the negotiating table.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

completely agree it's not new. The key is keeping who you want not everyone. For us it's harder after such a good year since the desperate clubs are, well desperate and willing to pay overs at the negotiating table.

Exactly mate. All the wailing and nashing of teeth won't stop whats going to happen.

I didn't think Staines would re-sign.......but to my surprise he did.

I'd like to think that Crighton will re-sign, but I think blokes like him have suddenly realised that they can set themselves up for the extended family too.

I'm sure this is an attempt to squeeze a little extra out of the club, and you can't blame him.

If that happens it's possible we will loose Burton for 2022.

I'm hoping we can squeee Lenui in too. He's also in high demand.

It's becomming obviouslu why Hetherington and his Gus contract had to go, along with Tamou and Sauce.

Dealings need to be done with the head not the heart. (this is for all sides) player and club.

The_Frog

First Grade
That is the very reason that the NRL should help developing clubs.
The NRL will only help clubs that benefit its bottom line. Clubs with big fan bases or big corporate sponsorships. We have neither. They see the Bulldogs running bottom 4 year in and year out as an opportunity lost in terms of TV ratings. They are happy to sit by and allow the Bulldogs and others to take our developed players. If they'd wanted to help us they'd have put back the November 1 cutoff, like they put back the July 1 transfer cutoff.

Abacus

Juniors
FWIW, I'd ask get the Leniu & Burton deals done before sitting down with Crichton. He has had his chance.

If getting the other guys done means there's "only" $400k/year for an outside back with 26 games, well sorry Sammy Ayoub but that's the best we can do. The thing with Sammy is even when a deal is agreed, he'll still fish for deals elsewhere if he can find even an extra dollar.

Occasionally they do.
The Roosters wanted to keep Latrell, initially. RTS another poached.
They didn't panic and offer absurd figures to keep them.
They just moved on to the other deals.

The Storm probably want to retain big Tino, until the Titans came in with a wheelbarrow of money.
Always more fish in the sea.

franklin2323

Immortal
Occasionally they do.

The Storm probably want to retain big Tino, until the Titans came in with a wheelbarrow of money.

Pretty much this. Offer x amount either deal is done or go move on

WestyLife

First Grade
Occasionally they do.

true although they removed the offer for Mitchell.

Family is in Mt Druitt. 20 min trip each way now. Add an hour atleast each day from Belmore to that family
I think an extra 100 or 200 thousand a year would ease that pretty well. Not that I think we lose Crichton. It's Burton we'll lose.

Hooked

Juniors
FWIW, I'd ask get the Leniu & Burton deals done before sitting down with Crichton. He has had his chance.

If getting the other guys done means there's "only" $400k/year for an outside back with 26 games, well sorry Sammy Ayoub but that's the best we can do. The thing with Sammy is even when a deal is agreed, he'll still fish for deals elsewhere if he can find even an extra dollar.

No surprise of all the players we have off contract Crichton’s manager has been the most vocal. Regular stories popping up in the media creating doubt we may keep him.

I have hardly heard a peep out of Luai, Burton, Leniu or Yeo's managers.

WestyLife

First Grade
No surprise of all the players we have off contract Crichton’s manager has been the most vocal. Regular stories popping up in the media creating doubt we may keep him.

I have hardly heard a peep out of Luai, Burton, Leniu or Yeo's managers.
Yeah that's interesting.

What will lose Burton is if he wants to play halves. That we can't offer
Yeah I don't know him to know what he prefers lol.

Exsilium

First Grade
I’m over it to be fair.

Sign or don’t sign.

He has some serious ground to make up if he’s to be an elite centre and even then they’re not worth 500-600k.

My preferred backline, if we don’t keep Crichton and sauce goes, is:

1: Staines
2: Naden
3: Edwards
4: Burton
5 Too
6: Luai
7: Cleary

Plenty of points there and speed to burn.

Kilkenny

Coach
Look at the amount of origin and internationals in our 17.

That just isn’t the issue.

You are avoiding the key issue.

Our management team must have been aware of our salary cap situation and clearly should have been much more pro active in retaining the keys players .

We are potentially having difficulties re-signing key players who should have been locked up months ago.

The fact they have allowed so many key players to test there value on the open market while at the same time freeing up cap space at the last minute reeks of incompetence.

I’m not sure how anyone can see it any other way.

Kilkenny

Coach
There is not one person on here who wants to enter into the discussion of why we find ourselves in this situation.

The whole narrative avoids the key issue and it should be about Ivan Cleary & Matt Cameron and why they didn't do there jobs properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts