What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestyLife

First Grade
There is not one person on here who wants to enter into the discussion of why we find ourselves in this situation.

The whole narrative avoids the key issue and it should be about Ivan Cleary & Matt Cameron and why they didn't do there jobs properly.
Depends if you see a problem. Me I see players i'd like to keep but overall a reasonable top 17.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There is not one person on here who wants to enter into the discussion of why we find ourselves in this situation.

The whole narrative avoids the key issue and it should be about Ivan Cleary & Matt Cameron and why they didn't do there jobs properly.

I'm saying this with the greatest respect.......are you panicking a wee bit.

Everything is happening later this year because of covid. Club still doesn't know what the cap is for next year.

It's very easy to sit back using hindsight and throw stones at Cameron and Cleary.

The club is in the same position as all the clubs, still sorting out their roster, especially after no flegg and no nsw cup in 2020.

Exsilium

First Grade

I tried to raise this but no one wanted to discuss it.

Our grand final finish doesn’t hide the fact we’ve mismanaged multiple situations.

Blake, RCG and likely Mansour will be on our books to play elsewhere. Possibly Whare if he ever gets picked up.

500K+ for a centre. No thanks.

Releasing or not re-signing multiple props when our depth is already being tested.

Then there is the experience or lack thereof.

I feel like we, as a club, got it right for 2020 on the field but are still the same Panthers off it.

Smug Panther

First Grade

What situation? Im no Ivan titty twister in fact I believe he straight up lost us the GF but I don't think you're being realistic here. Our top 17 is stacked and Gus left us paying for players to play elsewhere. We are YET to lose a single player of note that matters

Smug Panther

First Grade
What situation? Im no Ivan titty twister in fact I believe he straight up lost us the GF but I don't think you're being realistic here. Our top 17 is stacked and Gus left us paying for players to play elsewhere. We are YET to lose a single player of note that matters
Titty twister? Wow crazy over moderation even by LU standards

Kilkenny

Coach
Depends if you see a problem. Me I see players i'd like to keep but overall a reasonable top 17.

Westy there is a massive problem!!!!!

We just made a grand final with a hugely talent squad, not 17, squad.

If our management were on the ball we wouldn’t be talking about ‘reasonable’ or ‘decent’ our whole narrative should have been building on what we achieved in 2020.

As it stands we have gone backwards, with potentially more pain to come if we cannot retain the three players we are talking about.

The situation we find ourselves in is squarely at the feet of Matt Cameron and Ivan Cleary.

Even if they somehow secure deals for the big three, they should have been locked up sooner with much less pain.

soc123_au

Staff member

No one can hold a gun to their heads & force them to sign. Our current roster managers don't have the negotiation skills or clout that Gus had. Not many do really.

WestyLife

First Grade
Westy there is a massive problem!!!!!

We just made a grand final with a hugely talent squad, not 17, squad.

If our management were on the ball we wouldn’t be talking about ‘reasonable’ or ‘decent’ our whole narrative should have been building on what we achieved in 2020.

As it stands we have gone backwards, with potentially more pain to come if we cannot retain the three players we are talking about.

The situation we find ourselves in is squarely at the feet of Matt Cameron and Ivan Cleary.

Even if they somehow secure deals for the big three, they should have been locked up sooner with much less pain.

We've been told they tried and the players said:

giphy.gif

Does Ivan go full Godfather on them with a horse head in the bed?

Kilkenny

Coach

That’s simply not true. We’ve lost our captain. We are about to lose our long serving and most loyal serving player and the other players I mentioned previously.

When the dust settles if we don’t retain all of Lenui, Burton and Crichton it is clear our squad in 2021 will be much weaker regardless of what journeyman we bring in as squad back ups.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No one can hold a gun to their heads & force them to sign. Our current roster managers don't have the negotiation skills or clout that Gus had. Not many do really.

and them are the facts of life. Gus had wonderful neg skills but he did tend to overpay players....RCG, Blake good examples of this.....Merrin another and then paying them to play elsewhere.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That’s simply not true. We’ve lost our captain. We are about to lose our long serving and most loyal serving player and the other players I mentioned previously.

When the dust settles if we don’t retain all of Lenui, Burton and Crichton it is clear our squad in 2021 will be much weaker regardless of what journeyman we bring in as squad back ups.

and where are you going to play sauce in 2021 ? who sits out Bizza, Staines ? who.......The mansour decision although hard was the appropriate decision to make in line with the kids comming through.

Kilkenny

Coach

I understand that, but it doesn’t excuse the current brains trust in Cleary and Cameron for getting the basics wrong.

If it is obvious to all and sundry, fans included, then surely the brains trust would see the same.

The fact we didn’t get deals done around Lenui and Crichton in particular is frankly inexcusable.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I understand that, but it doesn’t excuse the current brains trust in Cleary and Cameron for getting the basics wrong.

If it is obvious to all and sundry, fans included, then surely the brains trust would see the same.

The fact we didn’t get deals done around Lenui and Crichton in particular is frankly inexcusable.

Your putting up the white flag quite early here.......

Kilkenny

Coach
and where are you going to play sauce in 2021 ? who sits out Bizza, Staines ? who.......The mansour decision although hard was the appropriate decision to make in line with the kids comming through.

Alice, blind Freddy would have known Josh Mansour was likely to be surplus to requirements in 2021. Same scenario around our captain James Tamou/

Please enlighten me and tell me why the restaurant conversations took place one week after the GF instead of half way thru 2020 when the same conversations should have occurred.

Given the situation we find ourselves in now, it is absolutely mind boggling Cleary and Cameron left the decision to move on James Tamou, Jack Hetherington and Josh Mansour to the latter end of the season. An absolute clusterf**k in my opinion.

Those decisions should have been made in June/July and had they had been we may not have been talking about trying to somehow hold onto the big three.

WestyLife

First Grade
Alice, blind Freddy would have known Josh Mansour was likely to be surplus to requirements in 2021. Same scenario around our captain James Tamou/

Please enlighten me and tell me why the restaurant conversations took place one week after the GF instead of half way thru 2020 when the same conversations should have occurred.

Given the situation we find ourselves in now, it is absolutely mind boggling Cleary and Cameron left the decision to move on James Tamou, Jack Hetherington and Josh Mansour to the latter end of the season. An absolute clusterf**k in my opinion.

Those decisions should have been made in June/July and had they had been we may not have been talking about trying to somehow hold onto the big three.
then people would complain the club was telling Mansour to go in the middle of a winning run while on a high and gunning for a premiership.

Black Diamond

Juniors

Been going to put my two bobs worth in but found it unnecessary to do so. Killenny your comments are spot on, everything you have said are my thoughts exactly.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I've said earlier and I'll say it again Mansour most be quite stupid not to see those young kids comming through around him in 2020.......you know the ones blowing him off the park in beep tests.

You and I have no idea whether this was mentioned during the year or not.

Tamou was always going to be too rich for Penrith in 21 and beyond. Known and talked about on this forum for over 12 months.

Jack has got issues with his discipline......suspended over 3 times in the last 18 months, and it's not improving......in fact twice this season. His cards are now marked by the powers that be, match officials. Also Gus had him on a big salary, being paid on potential. Obvious choice to move on.

I honestly can't see what the problem is when looked at in context.

Status
Not open for further replies.