What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I choose to sit back reflect and enjoy the season of 2020.

I'm not ready for sack cloth and ashes right at the moment.

If we lose all 3 players then we do. Life goes on.

It will mean our odds lengthen for the 2021, and possibly teams not take Penrith seriously once again.

I do know this with the like of the spine of api, cleary and to a lesser extent edwards on board, along with a big strong no frills forward pack the club will be OK.

There will always be kids comming through out the riff way, also the odd old hack looking for a re-start in life....R Jennings, Matt Esin also.

Blokes like Fish, Kiks, Yeo, Burton, Capewell are rolling into the prime space in their careers.

I chose to look forward to that, not look back wistfully wanting or bemoaning the past.

WestyLife

First Grade
They didn't have a problem when Tamou was told mid season and that was our captain.
There's definitely a different dynamic with Mansour. Tamou was finishing his contract and publicly spoke about making way for the juniors. Mansour has another year and was being told he'd be 3rd choice behind To'o and Staines. Also Mansour has the sentimental factor having 9 years at the club.

The_Frog

First Grade
I've said earlier and I'll say it again Mansour most be quite stupid not to see those young kids comming through around him in 2020.......you know the ones blowing him off the park in beep tests.
Not so sure they'd blow Sauce off the park in beep tests, but sprints would be painful.

Kilkenny

Coach
I've said earlier and I'll say it again Mansour most be quite stupid not to see those young kids comming through around him in 2020.......you know the ones blowing him off the park in beep tests.

You and I have no idea whether this was mentioned during the year or not.

Tamou was always going to be too rich for Penrith in 21 and beyond. Known and talked about on this forum for over 12 months.

Jack has got issues with his discipline......suspended over 3 times in the last 18 months, and it's not improving......in fact twice this season. His cards are now marked by the powers that be, match officials. Also Gus had him on a big salary, being paid on potential. Obvious choice to move on.

I honestly can't see what the problem is when looked at in context.

Alice, Josh Mansour was contracted to our club. Why is he stupid. Why are you and others paying out on him given his loyalty and service to our club.

We are currently in a flap around Crichton and Leniu among others who it appears are not displaying any loyalty and looking out only for themselves. Good luck to them I understand that.

Call me stupid, a dill whatever but let’s re-sign Josh and let Crichton walk. I’d much rather watching Josh in Panthers colours. He is a real Panther. Someone who we can be proud of wearing our colours as opposed to a kid with 20 odd games under his belt wanting $600K a season far more than Josh ever earns in his time here.

WestyLife

First Grade
Alice, Josh Mansour was contracted to our club. Why is he stupid. Why are you and others paying out on him given his loyalty and service to our club.

We are currently in a flap around Crichton and Leniu among others who it appears are not displaying any loyalty and looking out only for themselves. Good luck to them I understand that.

Call me stupid, a dill whatever but let’s re-sign Josh and let Crichton walk. I’d much rather watching Josh in Panthers colours. He is a real Panther. Someone who we can be proud of wearing our colours as opposed to a kid with 20 odd games under his belt wanting $600K a season far more than Josh ever earns in his time here.
Sure that sounds great and all but one is a winger the other a centre and also you'll be using up a roster spot for good feelings over results.

Black Diamond

Juniors
There's definitely a different dynamic with Mansour. Tamou was finishing his contract and publicly spoke about making way for the juniors. Mansour has another year and was being told he'd be 3rd choice behind To'o and Staines. Also Mansour has the sentimental factor having 9 years at the club.
That may be true, but I still think it would have gone down better for Sauce and the fans if he had been told earlier in the season instead of of the kick in the guts 48 hours after a grand final loss. However, as much as I love Sauce and really feel for him after his years of loyalty to the club and the fact that he had a standout year, he surely must have seen it coming.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I don't think re-signing Josh would be a smart move. But I suppose never say never. He's been one of my fav players over the years, but father time waits for no-one. Also Stephen is a centre, Josh is a winger.

I'd like to see Josh see stay and see out his contract. Be willing to stand aside for these young kids if needed, do a mentoring role.

Black Diamond

Juniors

Would have loved to see him win that dam grand final...go out a champion, as he deserves.

WestyLife

First Grade
That may be true, but I still think it would have gone down better for Sauce and the fans if he had been told earlier in the season instead of of the kick in the guts 48 hours after a grand final loss. However, as much as I love Sauce and really feel for him after his years of loyalty to the club and the fact that he had a standout year, he surely must have seen it coming.
You might be right. It's so complicated watching a fan favourite get older.

Kilkenny

Coach
If I’m being honest here this has been the most disappointing post season in a long, long time which is surprising given we are coming of a GF.

It was such a great season, winning a minor premiership on the back of a huge winning streak. It was somewhat sad the fans for the most part were not able to share in the glory given the COVID 19 situation but still even watching on TV our victories were somewhat special.

Moving on from our GF loss the whole post season really has been been disappointing.

It just shouldn’t have been this way.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Does it come down to mindset though......

This is my thinking

'you can complain because a rose bush has thorns, or rejoice because of thorn bush has roses.'

Black Diamond

Juniors
If I’m being honest here this has been the most disappointing post season in a long, long time which is surprising given we are coming of a GF.

It was such a great season, winning a minor premiership on the back of a huge winning streak. It was somewhat sad the fans for the most part were not able to share in the glory given the COVID 19 situation but still even watching on TV our victories were somewhat special.

Moving on from our GF loss the whole post season really has been been disappointing.

It just shouldn’t have been this way.
Yes agree, going from such a high right to the very last game. Then to lose Origin as well. Really felt for Nath after the Origin loss especially watching Munster yahooing after a grand final win and an Origin win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts