What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
At least he mentions it in his book. I was expecting the billy slater approach of closing his eyes, sticking his fingers in his ears and yelling "LA LA LA LA move along, nothing to see here"!!! Then moving onto the next chapter

I think I prefer the Billy Slater approach. At least that's not blatantly arrogantly a big middle finger to the rules that govern the game, and in fact any fan from 15 other clubs who sees it as righteous justice for systematic cheating.

I've lost all respect for Ryan Hoffman (and yes before anyone says, he won't cry about it) and how he will out of nowhere bring it up and claim those two non-premierships. To do it unprompted is an extra layer of merkin-ness.

Both the Sydney Morning Herald and Fox Sports are reporting the former directors of the Storm are appealing the salary cap penalties of 2010 as "the NRL didn't follow its own rules".

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...sh-appeal-of-cap-penalty-20201120-p56gla.html

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/89b988e10f521a86b9317edbaac97421

No wonder so many people dislike the Storm. They pleaded guilty but now want to back track. The hide of these people is beyond belief. Its the Storm supporters I have sympathy for as they are the only innocent victims in all this.

Both the Sydney Morning Herald and Fox Sports are reporting the former directors of the Storm are appealing the salary cap penalties of 2010 as "the NRL didn't follow its own rules".

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...sh-appeal-of-cap-penalty-20201120-p56gla.html

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/89b988e10f521a86b9317edbaac97421

No wonder so many people dislike the Storm. They pleaded guilty but now want to back track. The hide of these people is beyond belief. Its the Storm supporters I have sympathy for as they are the only innocent victims in all this.
I find it hard to sympathise with a fanbase that supports a team that's always on top, courtesy of leg ups provided by News Ltd and ARLC since 1998.

I find it hard to sympathise with a fanbase that supports a team that's always on top, courtesy of leg ups provided by News Ltd and ARLC since 1998.

That's not the fault of the fan base though. I've met plenty of Storm supporters over the years, and on the whole they are genuinely friendly people.

There are probably a few merkins, but let's face it, which fan base doesn't have some merkins amongst them?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

To paraphrase Ron Burgundy, go f**k yourself Melbourne Storm.

Chimp

Juniors
How about him bringing up Vonny in his book.... what a shitbag... I reckon he’s completely under the thumb - heard him on Matty Johns SEN show the other day, talking about how she reacted to Andrew Webster turning up to a meeting about the book in a St George top and how she reacted to that - sounds like she gets the shits real easy... and he has to do just as she says - she will have enforced him to put the rumours to bed.
Can just tell she’s pulling his strings.

I've never met him myself, but know a few people that are friends of his. Apparently when the cameras are off he is one of the nicest people you are likely to meet.

A mate of mine is a boxer “of note” and has known Anthony since his amateur days... fought on a few of his undercards etc. the stuff I’ve heard of what Anthony has done is mind boggling..

I love the pantomime villain aspect that rugby league throws up occasionally with players many despise. But I’d never go as far to say that I truly hate anyone because when it comes down to it - I only know them from what they do on the field... and the odd interview.

Which is effectively less than 1% of their lives .. and that’s not including the off season.

There’s more to every league player than we will ever know. Some good, some not so good. But I don’t judge someone based on their actions for less than 1% of their lives..

I’m just glad we still have a pantomime villain in Smith... coz once he retires.... it’s all absolutely beige..

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
How about him bringing up Vonny in his book.... what a shitbag... I reckon he’s completely under the thumb - heard him on Matty Johns SEN show the other day, talking about how she reacted to Andrew Webster turning up to a meeting about the book in a St George top and how she reacted to that - sounds like she gets the shits real easy... and he has to do just as she says - she will have enforced him to put the rumours to bed.

Sounds like she has leverage.

A mate of mine is a boxer “of note” and has known Anthony since his amateur days... fought on a few of his undercards etc. the stuff I’ve heard of what Anthony has done is mind boggling..

I love the pantomime villain aspect that rugby league throws up occasionally with players many despise. But I’d never go as far to say that I truly hate anyone because when it comes down to it - I only know them from what they do on the field... and the odd interview.

Which is effectively less than 1% of their lives .. and that’s not including the off season.

There’s more to every league player than we will ever know. Some good, some not so good. But I don’t judge someone based on their actions for less than 1% of their lives..

I’m just glad we still have a pantomime villain in Smith... coz once he retires.... it’s all absolutely beige..

A very wise post, JF.

Reflector

Juniors

Maybe that's why he likes to play referee- just re-enacting how he gets treated at home?

blue bags

First Grade
Two footy legends, their glamorous WAGS and an EPIC spat - but was it real? Cameron Smith is forced to address vicious rumours that 'crossed the line' and rocked his family
  • Cameron Smith says vicious rumours in 2018 'crossed the line' and rocked family
  • His wife Barb was questioned about Storm star's relationship with teammates
  • She was dragged into the mess amid rumours of a fallout with Billy Slater's wife
By ZOE ZACZEK and AIDAN WONDRACZ FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 15:25 AEDT, 21 November 2020 | UPDATED: 19:12 AEDT, 21 November 2020

Cameron Smith says vicious rumours about his relationship with former teammates and his wife's spat with another WAG 'crossed the line' and rocked his family.

The Melbourne Storm star addressed the 2018 headlines that he fell out with Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater in his book, The Storm Within.

The unwanted media attention came after Cronk moved to Sydney to marry Fox presenter Tara Rushton in December 2017. Cronk parted ways with Storm and joined the Roosters for the 2018 season.

But Smith said he was 'stunned' when his wife and the mother of his three children, Barb, was dragged into the mess amid claims of a bitter feud with Slater's wife.

35934224-8972213-image-a-20_1605930109913.jpg

Cameron Smith is pictured with his wife Bard in 2019. The couple have three children together

35934228-8972213-image-a-21_1605930132258.jpg

Billy Slater is pictured with his wife Nicole in January this year. Smith addressed rumours his wife Barb fell out with the WAG

'Barb was brought into it, again, when stories went around about a spat between her and Billy's wife, Nic, which never happened,' Smith wrote in the book.

'They're good friends to this day. We were stunned. ''Where is this s**t coming from?'' we asked ourselves.

'What was clear was that the stories were being fabricated to fit a narrative: Cameron Smith does not get on with his teammates, and vice versa.
'It couldn't have been any further from the truth, but the more it was written and talked about, the more people seemed to believe it.'

Smith said the couple 'had enough', and recalled a particular incident that set him over the edge.

He was preparing to take on the Warriors in New Zealand in July 2018 when his high school sweetheart was approached by a reporter while unloading groceries.

35934216-8972213-image-a-22_1605930140551.jpg

Pictured: Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk of Storm pose with the trophy during the lap of honour after winning the 2012 NRL Grand Final

The journalist questioned Barb about Smith's 'relationship with his teammates'.

'Barb told him to p**s off – but even so, the episode rocked her,' Smith said.

'Barb was shocked. Why was a reporter approaching her for comment about anything, especially on our property? How did he even know where we lived?

'If I'd been there, I would've given that bloke a mouthful. He had invaded her privacy – her personal space – and in that space were our three children, all of whom felt upset after seeing their mum get rattled.

Smith wrote that things were starting to 'get out of hand'.

'Barb and I live a simple life. We're down-to-earth people doing the best we can. It just so happens that my job has a high profile,' he wrote.

'Away from footy, we just enjoy hanging out at home and being as far from the public eye as possible. This had crossed the line.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...es-rumours-Barbs-spat-Billy-Slaters-wife.html
35934218-8972213-image-a-26_1605930164292.jpg

The Melbourne Storm star addressed the 2018 headlines that he had fallen out with Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater in his book, The Storm Within

The Melbourne Storm captain launched his much-anticipated autobiography The Storm Within at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium on Monday.

The book has sparked widespread anger and bewilderment as it addresses 'cruel' and 'completely untrue' rumours about having an affair with Fox Sports presenter Yvonne Sampson.

Smith's PR team warned media to avoid the hot topic and to also sidestep questions about his family and wife Barbara, Courier Mail reported.

The book has gotten off to a rocky start with Smith cancelling 30 pre-planned interviews, because of family concerns, on Tuesday.

35759508-8956427-image-a-53_1605590462828.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...es-rumours-Barbs-spat-Billy-Slaters-wife.html
Cameron Smith addresses rumours of Barb's spat with Billy Slater's wife

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-25_22-15-42.gif
    upload_2020-11-25_22-15-42.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1
  • upload_2020-11-25_22-15-43.gif
    upload_2020-11-25_22-15-43.gif
  • upload_2020-11-25_22-15-43.gif
    upload_2020-11-25_22-15-43.gif

Latest posts