What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sure that sounds great and all but one is a winger the other a centre and also you'll be using up a roster spot for good feelings over results.

Honestly, I think my time on this forum is up. The frustration I feel makes me think it is just not worth it. You’ve beat me. I just cant do it any more.

Copperhead

Juniors
If I’m being honest here this has been the most disappointing post season in a long, long time which is surprising given we are coming of a GF.

It was such a great season, winning a minor premiership on the back of a huge winning streak. It was somewhat sad the fans for the most part were not able to share in the glory given the COVID 19 situation but still even watching on TV our victories were somewhat special.

Moving on from our GF loss the whole post season really has been been disappointing.

It just shouldn’t have been this way.

That's pretty much how I feel too. The let down of the finals, and that shit show of a GF. The usual Panthers' management incompetence, and the every man for himself attitude of the players, who were supposedly such a tight group. You'd never know by the way I feel that we'd had such a great year.

murraymob

First Grade
That's pretty much how I feel too. The let down of the finals, and that shit show of a GF. The usual Panthers' management incompetence, and the every man for himself attitude of the players, who were supposedly such a tight group. You'd never know by the way I feel that we'd had such a great year.
Yes I felt the let down so much I had no interest in origin .It was there for us to win.And given the history of management at Penrith I hope it is not another 17 years before we get there

murraymob

First Grade
Wow? That's harsh, and it is so totally wrong.
Why is you have to tell another how they feel
who are you to tell anyone how they feel is wrong
As I am to mine, without your patronizing lecture.
.You carry on if anyone comments on your post but you feel the need to
no you are wrong.Who do you think you are telling another how they should feel.Your the first to claim bullying but you stand over anyone who states how they feel

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
And you can say "Hey if I prune that rose and add fertilizer it will improve." I think we all know that you defend the club regardless.

I'm a bit surprised that all the gnashing of teeth about one game.

Hopefully in 2021 we will go one better.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
There's definitely a different dynamic with Mansour. Tamou was finishing his contract and publicly spoke about making way for the juniors. Mansour has another year and was being told he'd be 3rd choice behind To'o and Staines. Also Mansour has the sentimental factor having 9 years at the club.

franklin2323

Immortal
I still don't see everyone's angst. Who that would be in our top 17 have we lost?

Edwards
Staines
Crichton
?? Whare
To'o
Luai
Cleary
JFH
Api
Leota
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

Burns
Tetevano

Take out Whare because he won't last.
There is a starting side minus a right centre and 2 benchies still contracted until end of 2022.

After we were runaway minor premiers and played in a GF. That gives us atleast 2 more cracks at it and it is about a normal cycle with the salary Cap what it is

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
So who do we think is offering Crichton the big dollars?
There is a lot of speculation but I haven’t heard much about real alternatives for him.
The whole situation is making me nauseous, once the “I have to think about the family “ mantra comes out it is always a bad sign.

GongPanther

Referee
I suppose there are certain stages when a fan has been dealt a blow as bad as a GF loss. We were very disappointed after our biggest game in 17 years, yet not even a fantastic season can soothe the pain of that loss.

And along comes SOO to hopefully take some edge of the pain of losing the GF, but only to have our disappointment exacerbated in a dismal SOO series.

And on top of that, now we are waiting for news whether we will be losing some of our prized talent.

Those players who are considering leaving, I hope they factor in these points I've mentioned above. 3 bitter pills to swallow in such a short time will be telling.

So who do we think is offering Crichton the big dollars?
There is a lot of speculation but I haven’t heard much about real alternatives for him.
The whole situation is making me nauseous, once the “I have to think about the family “ mantra comes out it is always a bad sign.

Classic Ayoub tactics. Make your client says "look after your family" publicly create doubt over whether you stay. Find a reporter who will join the dots and name a few clubs. Drive up the price.

To be honest I am over the whole thing. Sick and tired of all the lies and bullshit told.

If he goes I will be annoyed. If he stays the excitement I had had has diminished.

Either re-sign or piss off.

GongPanther

Referee
Classic Ayoub tactics. Make your client says "look after your family" publicly create doubt over whether you stay. Find a reporter who will join the dots and name a few clubs. Drive up the price.

To be honest I am over the whole thing. Sick and tired of all the lies and bullshit told.

If he goes I will be annoyed. If he stays the excitement I had had has diminished.

Either re-sign or piss off.
Crichton also has to factor in the fact that after the next contract he signs, he'll be negotiating for his next big dollar contract.

It won't be the last contract of his career, so staying with the Panthers, and his mates is incentive enough as it is knowing bigger bucks are on the way down the road.

And yea, I agree with you that he should either hurry up and get this put to bed so we can concentrate on maybe getting other players sewn up, or bring in other talent.

WestyLife

First Grade
Honestly, I think my time on this forum is up. The frustration I feel makes me think it is just not worth it. You’ve beat me. I just cant do it any more.
hey now that's not necessary. You're opinion is as valid as the rest of us. We all just don't see things the same way is all. I'm as dissapointend as anyone with the results of the finals/origin. Very bittersweet season now and I did say I had players I want to stay. I'm the CEO of the Matt Burton fan club and will be personally annoyed if Lenui goes. I'm just trying to be more measuerd in how I approach the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts