What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - The Origin Wash Up

snout

First Grade
It simply means more to the purples.

After 100 years of getting smashed every game is a chance to umdo the hurt.
For us...it's really just another game.

Chrichton is a tuff merkin.
Jake troboyovich is sooo over rated - Troubles noone.
Wightons not a centre.

Munster is a footballer. No structure required - just give him the ball and let him have fun.
Friends last game - Harry is a star.

sandshark

Bench
Hate Munster with a passion but my god he is a superstar at origin level. Just wish the lad would stop raising his arms after every tackle.

Holmes is winger. Nothing will change that fact and origin shows it greatly. Botched an easy try though.

Cleary won the Brad fitler medal.. He was Andrew Johns-like in game 2 but Pearce-like (almost Chad-like) in the other two games. Weird award winning processes continue at origin level.

Simple as this....

It is every NSW kids dream to play for NSW.
It is every QLD kids dream to beat NSW.

This is how it has been played for 40 years.
Yep. Maybe Gallen should have said "this is the worst NSW team in 40 yrs ." Would still have been good controversy for promotion . Queensland press would have had a field day with Gallen hate , Excuses to lose, Self promotion etc. ... Just might have inspired blues instead of morons

Craigshark

First Grade
It simply means more to the purples.

After 100 years of getting smashed every game is a chance to umdo the hurt.
For us...it's really just another game.

Chrichton is a tuff merkin.
Jake troboyovich is sooo over rated - Troubles noone.
Wightons not a centre.

Munster is a footballer. No structure required - just give him the ball and let him have fun.
Friends last game - Harry is a star.

chrichton would nearly be at the top of my list to try and sign when we get a bit of cash. He’s a gun.

bluefox68

Staff member
chrichton would nearly be at the top of my list to try and sign when we get a bit of cash. He’s a gun.
Trent Robinson knows his stuff...

Remember he played him as a middle for half of 2019, to help him understand how tough it was?!? Also, just understanding different defensive structures.

Great coach!

Chimp

Juniors
Echo the thoughts above, particularly Munster and Crichton - There were rumours Crichton might be pushed out at the Roosters, he’d be a great signing for 2022.

My other main thoughts;
Centres were trash - both Dally M winners in their own positions, but not centres. Wighton should have been 6, Gutho shouldn’t have played.
Halves - Had to be Wighton, wasn’t, we lost. Cleary, meh....
Frizell - Anonymous all year, Origin was no different. Should have joined Wade on an early finish to the year.
Jake T - Have loved how he plays, but the rule changes have ruined him. He’s just a slow plodder now, who gets in the way of every attacking set by essentially being a big, fat slow halfback. Can still tackle like a trooper, but the current game needs speed and footwork in the middle.

Coach - Got LOTS wrong... I’d say he’s a myth, but I don’t think anyone actually rates him other than his mates in the media.

ghoti

Bench
have said it elsewhere...but Fittler treats Origin like a kid playing a videogame...it's f**ken insane that Gutherson was anywhere near the squad, let alone starting centre.. Wighton is an Origin style 6 through-and-through but Freddy wants the glitz of Keary or Walker. They'll justify all their selections based off Origin 2 success again rather than when they were shown up in 1&3. Trobojevic is an ABSOLUTE plodding myth, agreed with Chimp 100%, the guy's playing like it's 2015...James Graham's back in England for a reason, and all non-threat linking middle forwards need to go with him.

Next few series i reckon is time to cut all the belief in X-Factor players and bring in the tough nuts. that young QLD side shouyld have been intimidated into submission, but they saw our complacency in the games we lost and thrived off it. not enough good signs in there to keep Freddy on, but NSW will lock him up for ten years

snout

First Grade
2 words.
Neil.
Henry.

Incredible success at SOO level but the guys in the main chair have taken all the credit.

2 more words.
Josh.
Hannay.

The fact we sign a guy NOBODY else wants when Henry is unemployed...?
Speechless.

chewsta

First Grade
Qld: always pick their team on current form for each position.
NSW: picks team on past reputation and popularity among the group.

Pretty easy to see why QLD always come up trumps.

I would trade any 3 Sharkies players for one Munster.

Stake Removed

First Grade
2 words.
Neil.
Henry.

Incredible success at SOO level but the guys in the main chair have taken all the credit.

2 more words.
Josh.
Hannay.

The fact we sign a guy NOBODY else wants when Henry is unemployed...?
Speechless.
I would assume Bomber was person who picked Hannay, and after seeing Hannay when had to step into head coaching role at Cowboys sees him no threat.

webShark

Echo the thoughts above, particularly Munster and Crichton - There were rumours Crichton might be pushed out at the Roosters, he’d be a great signing for 2022.

My other main thoughts;
Centres were trash - both Dally M winners in their own positions, but not centres. Wighton should have been 6, Gutho shouldn’t have played.
Halves - Had to be Wighton, wasn’t, we lost. Cleary, meh....
Frizell - Anonymous all year, Origin was no different. Should have joined Wade on an early finish to the year.
Jake T - Have loved how he plays, but the rule changes have ruined him. He’s just a slow plodder now, who gets in the way of every attacking set by essentially being a big, fat slow halfback. Can still tackle like a trooper, but the current game needs speed and footwork in the middle.

Coach - Got LOTS wrong... I’d say he’s a myth, but I don’t think anyone actually rates him other than his mates in the media.
100% Agree with all above

webShark

have said it elsewhere...but Fittler treats Origin like a kid playing a videogame...it's f**ken insane that Gutherson was anywhere near the squad, let alone starting centre.. Wighton is an Origin style 6 through-and-through but Freddy wants the glitz of Keary or Walker. They'll justify all their selections based off Origin 2 success again rather than when they were shown up in 1&3. Trobojevic is an ABSOLUTE plodding myth, agreed with Chimp 100%, the guy's playing like it's 2015...James Graham's back in England for a reason, and all non-threat linking middle forwards need to go with him.

Next few series i reckon is time to cut all the belief in X-Factor players and bring in the tough nuts. that young QLD side shouyld have been intimidated into submission, but they saw our complacency in the games we lost and thrived off it. not enough good signs in there to keep Freddy on, but NSW will lock him up for ten years
:thumbsup: