What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 season

GongPanther

Referee
After leading at HT the sin binning of Rhys Wesser in the 1st set of six of the second half was huge. I think from memory they scored 12 points while he was in the bin and we never quite recovered. Didn’t a very young JT score a try under the posts while Rhys was in the bin. Going from memory no interest in checking you tube to relive the pain.
JT wasn't on the bench for that match V Panthers, although he was for the GF. But yea, that binning by Wessar killed us off.

Port Panther

Juniors
Garret Crossman attempting a offload while being hoisted up in a 2 man tackle was the cause of all that .Panthers ahead after half time Gower kicks a 40/20 all momentum with Penrith and on the 3rd tackle he has a brain explosion . Corey Hughes runs from dummy half links with a outside back Wesser makes the tackle hangs on for a nano second too long gets binned game over as dogs score 2 tries.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
What are people's thoughts on who starts in place of Tamou.
Leota is the obvious choice but does he have 2 good quality stints in him?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

If Leota continues with the improvement that he showed this year, why not. Moses at times should quite good footwork for such a big man.

I'm sure his meters run improved in 2020 too.

MugaB

Coach
I love Leota to get that spot, but i feel if we are to persist with getting a permanent position for burton, that Yeo will need to move into the front row, i know that doesn't seem like like for like in regards to Tamou's physique and the way he plays, but it means we have a 80min Yeo that is already in the middle anyway, if we can make him a 50-60 min prop, Leota or Tetevano can sub him, and burton plays lock. The game is only getting quicker, we cannot afford to have too many big men on the field at once, i mean Fish was a 2nd rower, now he is one of the best props in the game, and Leota can get better if given the chance, but him and Tetevano or Leniu coming off the bench 20min in have become destructive, i feel we'll lose that impact if we start with Leota

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
I don’t mind either way with Leota or Leniu. They both are great off the bench, Leota will likely get it but I wouldn’t write off Leniu, he definitely can push Leota.

betcats

Referee
Hopefully we get the flegg and cup comps back. I need to see a few of these young guys so I can start talking them up.

Can't see Eisenhuth coming into contention for the starting spot. He is a good signing though.

The Realist

Juniors
JT wasn't on the bench for that match V Panthers, although he was for the GF. But yea, that binning by Wessar killed us off.

Another thing that killed us is that we didn't really kick to our wingers. We had Rooney and Lewis up against Matt Utai and El Masri. That and Willie Mason trampling the face of Galavao. The stud in the eye took him off the field.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Dont know if it got mentioned here on our forums but the flegg side went back to training two weeks ago and Rob Jennings decided train with them, I like that. He has the talent to be a good signing and that is the kind of attitude he will need.

I have great hopes that Robert could turn out to be a big surprise packet......I know Dazza some years ago had him as the best of the brothers.

I also know his recent history at W/T was less than impressive, is this the attitude adjustment Robert needed ?

betcats

Referee
I have great hopes that Robert could turn out to be a big surprise packet......I know Dazza some years ago had him as the best of the brothers.

I also know his recent history at W/T was less than impressive, is this the attitude adjustment Robert needed ?

Definitely a sign he is motivated to get better. Being basically unwanted will do that I guess.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hopefully we get the flegg and cup comps back. I need to see a few of these young guys so I can start talking them up.

Can't see Eisenhuth coming into contention for the starting spot. He is a good signing though.

confirmed. All age groups move up a year so Flegg is under 21.
NSW Cup we aren't haven't any part timers so Flegg guys will get a great run to test themselves

Kilkenny

Coach

Robert looked like being something special in Flegg the SG Ball I wouldn’t be expecting too much Alice. Lacks pace, that big bum of his seriously slows him down.