What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

WA Tiger

Bench
So our backline for 2021 would be

1. Mbye
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Roberts
5. Talau
6. Douehi
7. Brooks

Laurie to come in 2022 with both centres being on the outs if they don’t aim up. Not the greatest backline but at least there is points in it now, big question mark is can Brooks do all the play making work on his own? With some big earners coming off contract next year we can start to build a good squad for the first time in 5 years.
With Kapoua popping in and out hopefully at fullback ...once he gets more confident about what he’s got to offer

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd have Kepoa on the wing with Talau missing out. Talau will get his chances though. I assume Talau will pick up either BJ's or Roberts spot the following season.

WA Tiger

Bench
Talau just keeps getting tries when there’s no room to move on the wing ..I don’t know how he does it but leave him there for now ..That leaves fullback where Kap hasn’t been tried yet despite plenty of opportunity
I think Madge sees more in him now than when he first arrived and would like to keep him in the picture

Vic Mackey

Referee
Talau just keeps getting tries when there’s no room to move on the wing ..I don’t know how he does it but leave him there for now ..That leaves fullback where Kap hasn’t been tried yet despite plenty of opportunity
I think Madge sees more in him now than when he first arrived and would like to keep him in the picture

Tommy was unexpectedly good in the wing and filled a hole for us, however its not his long term position. I’d rather him playing center in nsw cup then wing in NRL.

Kepeoa had some mistakes but by the last round he had found his feet and was a lot more confident. He is more of a natural outside back then TT and could be our long term left winger.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Tommy was unexpectedly good in the wing and filled a hole for us, however its not his long term position. I’d rather him playing center in nsw cup then wing in NRL.

Kepeoa had some mistakes but by the last round he had found his feet and was a lot more confident. He is more of a natural outside back then TT and could be our long term left winger.

Yeah I was impressed with his last few games. He's got Talau beat for speed, and seems to have a good frame for a winger.

WA Tiger

Bench

I’d still like to see Kepa at least have a go at fullback...He’s got the dancing feet sidestep ..a bit of speed...and swagger ..A locked up fullback spot which we havnt got would pay more dividends than settled wing positions next year (hence the higher money for fullback) Talau and Momo can keep that wing productive for now ...enough of keeping Mbye at fullback - part of the spine-because he’s captain and safe ..at least have a look..Hes still a kid and getting over his nerves so he could have more to show us at fullback once he settles in ..injury may be the only way this could happen but then again the pressure is mounting and Madge may start being more creative

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
If we have Laurie coming for 2022, I suspect Madge will be playing Mbye at 1 next year.

No sense in training someone all off season at 1 for one year.

I like Talau and Kepa, I think they will be our long-term centres. They have more in them than "run fast and straight and put the ball over the line" and they are still young, so will get bigger.

If we have Laurie coming for 2022, I suspect Madge will be playing Mbye at 1 next year.

I like Talau and Kepa, I think they will be our long-term centres. They have more in them than "run fast and straight and put the ball over the line" and they are still young, so will get bigger.
And don’t forget Zac Cini, missed out on a years football because of COVID. The OZ Schoolboys RL team from 2018 had some pretty good outside backs alongside Cini in, Bradman Best, Stephen Crichton, Tommy Talau.

I can’t wait to see the NSW Cup kick off next year, it’s going to be very important for the Tigers.

Tiger Ted

Bench

If Mbye is at 1 & brooks retains 7 jersey for majority of season we will strongly challenge for the spoon.

Vic Mackey

Referee
And don’t forget Zac Cini, missed out on a years football because of COVID. The OZ Schoolboys RL team from 2018 had some pretty good outside backs alongside Cini in, Bradman Best, Stephen Crichton, Tommy Talau.

I can’t wait to see the NSW Cup kick off next year, it’s going to be very important for the Tigers.

agree re Cini, if you watch his highlights from Flegg etc the guy is insanely talented, reminds me a lot of Tom Turbo

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
1. Laurie ( hope he is realised for 2021)
2. Nofo
3. Roberts
4. BJ
5. Talau
6. AD
7. Brooks
8. Ofengoue ( good replacement for Aloia )
9. Liddell
10. Tahmou
11. Chrichton ( I hope we sign him )
12. Garner
13. Luciano
Bench
14. Simpkins
15. Musgrove
16. Blore
17. Twal
That looks like a really strong team. The team will change through injury and form, I see it being better then I actually think.:fingers_crossed:

Shredder

Juniors
Agree Das, its a while away, but they have an innate ability to run nice lines in broken play.

It will come.

Tiger05

First Grade
enough of keeping Mbye at fullback

Currently Mbye has to be our no 1 option at fullback. He did perform reasonably well for us in that role in his first season with us. I like the idea of playing Kepoa there but it's probably too risky for next season. I'd certainly train him there as a back up option. Kepoa is big,fast and as you state he has a bit of swagger.

Tigerm

First Grade
Currently Mbye has to be our no 1 option at fullback. He did perform reasonably well for us in that role in his first season with us. I like the idea of playing Kepoa there but it's probably too risky for next season. I'd certainly train him there as a back up option. Kepoa is big,fast and as you state he has a bit of swagger.
I think what Shredder was stating sounds the best idea, if Daine Laurie is coming in 2022 as our expected FB, then Mbye probably should be the 1 for next season.
I thought he went OK there.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/05/wests-tigers-2021-nrl-squad/

WESTS TIGERS 2021 NRL SQUAD

PLAYER CONTRACT
Shawn Blore 2021 2022 2023
Kane Bradley 2021
Luke Brooks 2021 2022 2023
Michael Chee Kam 2021
Zac Cini 2021
Adam Doueihi 2021 2022 2023