What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

Valheru

Coach
You just know we are still going to win this division lol

I actually think we are going to beat the Browns as well.

jaseg

Juniors
You just know we are still going to win this division lol

I actually think we are going to beat the Browns as well.

Should happen. Browns D is dogshit unless Myles is forcing turnovers - and Myles just tested positive for covid, so he's out. Sendejo plays nearly every snap and is even worse than when he was in Philly - with the exception that he hasn't seriously injured any teammates... yet.

Just stack the box on defense to take away what Stefanski wants to do (run you into oblivion, so as to heavily utilize Teller's pulling dominance and Chunt - and limit his D's exposure) and on the other side of the ball assume the Browns will have to blitz to get any pressure.

shiznit

Coach
Should happen. Browns D is dogshit unless Myles is forcing turnovers - and Myles just tested positive for covid, so he's out. Sendejo plays nearly every snap and is even worse than when he was in Philly - with the exception that he hasn't seriously injured any teammates... yet.

Just stack the box on defense to take away what Stefanski wants to do (run you into oblivion, so as to heavily utilize Teller's pulling dominance and Chunt - and limit his D's exposure) and on the other side of the ball assume the Browns will have to blitz to get any pressure.

do what we did... the weather was crazy and you couldn’t pass beyond 10yrds so we just pounded those MF’s into submission on their home turf.

bit of old school power football that chewed the clock up and took possessions off the board for Baker and it meant he had to make every possession count.

nick87

Coach
Nah f**k that
We gonna drop back like 60 times, in a f**king hurricane, never get Wentz out of the pocket, take a bunch of sacks, turn it over some, whilst Sanders runs for 80 yards on 8 carries and wonder where it all went wrong

shiznit

Coach
Nah f**k that
We gonna drop back like 60 times, in a f**king hurricane, never get Wentz out of the pocket, take a bunch of sacks, turn it over some, whilst Sanders runs for 80 yards on 8 carries and wonder where it all went wrong

:joy::joy:

The thing for me... I think Wentz is capable of far more than what he’s showing...

I’m obviously just a rank nobody giving an opinion... but to me he’s not one of these kids that come in from college and have to be treated with kid gloves on and basically have the playbook defined for them and almost told where to throw... like a Jared Goff...

I always felt he’s got the aptitude to do more at the line... I wonder if Peterson is truly opening the playbook for him.

you see some of the packages they trott out for him and they are almost preset at the line... like he has no flexibility to adjust his protection on the fly almost like it will f**k up the play.

some QB’s can’t handle it... especially the ones who weren’t asked to do it in college... but early on in his career I’ve seen him make some checks at the line.

he obviously has aptitude for it... I reckon just having him play these preset 3-4 step drop backs just doesn’t put him and the offence in an advantageous position.

I don’t know if it was the further away they’ve gotten from Frank Reich’s concepts the worse he’s gotten...

But who the f**k am I... :joy::joy:

nick87

Coach
Im with you. I think people are reacting very over the top to this season from him

First and foremost, he has been absolutely garbage this year, no ifs or buts about it. Terrible.

BUT, the team is built very poorly and was coming into the season overly reliant on the corpses of Alshon and Djax, that's poor team building
The OL and offence has been absolutely decimated all year long until just now when we start to get troops back, that's bad luck
Dougy P decided for whatever reason to bring in about 3-4 former OC's and not name anyone an OC... a classic case of too many chiefs and not enough indians and the offence looks like it, a bunch of random concepts and plays but no identity or cohesive plan, that's poor coaching

But as i said before, we have Howie was an appalling job of team building, Doug with an appalling job of coaching and Wentz with an appalling job of QB play... and that's not great, but those 3 guys also have 4 years prior of steller performances in those roles

This year is bad, real bad. I dont want to make the play offs, i want this team to stink to send a message to those three that they've got to get it fixed. But they've got enough runs on the board that one bad year, even this bad, doesnt usurp 4 years of pretty solid success.

Haffa

Nah f**k that
Prophetic. Also the easy bet.

Valheru

Coach
The offence is just a shit show.

It starts up front with no semblance of protection.

The QB gets hit 1,000 a game and isn't making good decisions under pressure.

When rarely not under pressure the QB isn't making good decisions

When the QB does make a good decision the execution is poor.

When the QB makes a good decision and the execution is good, the receiver doesn't run the route correctly.

When the QB makes the right decision, executes well and the receiver runs the route, the receiver drops the ball.

And so on and so forth... it is a disaster.

Haffa

More likely Carson is around than Doug at this point.

Howie has got to go too though, Jefferson on track to have the best rookie season for a WR ever. While Avery and JJAW are healthy scratches.

Jason Peters though...

Valheru

Coach
Wentz deserves another chance next season. This is his first poor season and he was playing at an elite level 12 months ago.

Anyone want to argue against us being the 2nd worst team in the league this season? The jaguars would be our only competition.

nick87

Coach
Yeah the more i think about it the more im convinced that Doug and Howie have probably gotta go

I mean they rolled out Hurts more times in 2 qtrs than they have Wentz all season long despite the fact the only time Wentz looks like a franchise QB right now is when he's rolling out!

The offence is lacking in any real creative elements or concepts and the general performance has been unacceptable. Thanks for the title Doug, but we need to replace him with someone who can at least try to fix Wentz, and if not... make a call on Wentz, Hurts or next guy

Howie's drafting hasnt been good enough, Howie's cap management and dolling out big extensions and restructuring deals has created a cap nightmare. He's gotta go i think, again with many and much thanks for the title run.

Bring in a new GM, let him pick his coach... lets try and fix wentz in 2021, and if they cant, it's more palatable to move on from him, and you probably have another pretty high pick so perhaps the future lays in the 2022 draft if the new regime isnt interested in Hurts

nick87

Coach
Wentz deserves another chance next season. This is his first poor season and he was playing at an elite level 12 months ago.

Anyone want to argue against us being the 2nd worst team in the league this season? The jaguars would be our only competition.

I think we're the 3rd worse... i think we'd beat the jags and jets.

Valheru

Coach
I think we're the 3rd worse... i think we'd beat the jags and jets.

Yeah fair enough.

I think it's a legit debate though. The Jets no question are the worst. I think we go in favourties against the Jags but a loss wouldn't shock me.

I mean look at our 3 wins. There is no way we should have beaten the giants and the cowboys win was uninspiring against an injury ravaged side. That only leaves the 9ers where we were legitimately the better side that day but Jimmy G obviously didn't play.

Having said that the Bengals game should have been a win but some awful play calling put a stop to that.

nick87

Coach
Yeah fair enough.

I think it's a legit debate though. The Jets no question are the worst. I think we go in favourties against the Jags but a loss wouldn't shock me.

I mean look at our 3 wins. There is no way we should have beaten the giants and the cowboys win was uninspiring against an injury ravaged side. That only leaves the 9ers where we were legitimately the better side that day but Jimmy G obviously didn't play.

Having said that the Bengals game should have been a win but some awful play calling put a stop to that.

Any team could beat us on their day, no question... i think if we played the jags 10 times, we'd probably lose 2 of them, but 3 or even 4 wouldnt totally shock me.
Jets i think we'd go 9-1

Valheru

Coach
Well we went and done something silly and won a game and are now back int he race to win the best division in the history of sports.

I actually think all 4 teams lose next week with opponents being SF (DAL), SEA (WAS), ARI (PHI) and CLE (NYG). Dallas probably have the best chance of the 4 teams to win.