What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to the F7's?

This Year?

Immortal
Just wondering what happened to the F7's.
I thought they were a great read and hope to see a new comp.

I'd maybe even have a crack myself but I butcher the English language like a chinaman with a meat cleaver.

Cheers!

Gee I used to be in the Bluebags going back to those days. Really loved it, it's what had kept me involved in the forums for most of the time.

Dare say it takes a lot of commitment by some to have kept it running (and even more so to get it up and running). But if it came back I'd definitely love to get involved.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just wondering what happened to the F7's.
I thought they were a great read and hope to see a new comp.
The Forum 7s is now archived at the bottom of the message board. The competition paused in 2014, after 11+ years. It was great to be part of it and watch forummers develop into top shelf story tellers. It was never about being more educated then the next person. There are some excellent reads from posters who previously struggled to put two words together.

If you're thinking of re-starting the F7s as a seasonal competition, keep in mind that the management of it can be quite time consuming. So be aware of the workload and keeping the team captains and their players motivated.

I think the idea of an Origin series has a lot of merit.

Titanic

First Grade
Lol Steve, was always about who was the most educated ... enjoyed playing a lot ... the Titans are now spread too far and wide so I couldn’t cobble the old team back together although we are all still in contact but I’d have an occasional crack just to keep you honest.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lol Steve, was always about who was the most educated ... enjoyed playing a lot ... the Titans are now spread too far and wide so I couldn’t cobble the old team back together although we are all still in contact but I’d have an occasional crack just to keep you honest.
Haha. G'day Titanic. Long time no see.

I forgot about that... was it education professionals? Maybe we should have asked a university to sponsor the F7s.

It's true, our learned colleagues taught the F7s a lot, but the 'game' was also about how to spin a yarn. Perhaps the best method was finding a combination of the two.

And FTR, I know of a few former F7ers that went onto paid work writing sport articles and editorials.

The Forum 7s is now archived at the bottom of the message board. The competition paused in 2014, after 11+ years. It was great to be part of it and watch forummers develop into top shelf story tellers. It was never about being more educated then the next person. There are some excellent reads from posters who previously struggled to put two words together.

If you're thinking of re-starting the F7s as a seasonal competition, keep in mind that the management of it can be quite time consuming. So be aware of the workload and keeping the team captains and their players motivated.

I think the idea of an Origin series has a lot of merit.

I had some spare time and went through some of the old F7's matches in the forum - what a walk down memory lane - so much great material in there.

Dare I say - a lot of it is almost worthy of collation/publication..

It's the best account of forrumers experiences with the game we all love.

Sure - great banter, arguments and funny comments on threads can be entertaining. But this stuff had substance that no other forum could compare to.

Really glad this thread got posted - I'll be sure to go back and trawl through more old matches when I
Ive got some time to kill.

Titanic

First Grade
Just for fun, some background, the Titans were an eclectic group of people mostly expatriates in China (one was in Thailand and three on the Coast) at that time, although three of us are still here now in different locations. There were two women, one of which was Chinese, plus a Chinese guy. They were teachers, a headmaster, a factory manager, an IT techie, a Navy officer, a Border Defence Contractor, an ASIC Director, a mechanic and a housewife from: Australia, England, US, Wales and China. The common thread was the Forum ... many thanks to those who keep it going.

roofromoz

First Grade
Used to play, I was captain for a few seasons from memory of the Lions. It was a big commitment, struggled some weeks for a topic let alone an article but it was a lot of fun too.

Latest posts