What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

MugaB

Coach
It’s fine but something about it doesn’t quite sit right with me.
Needs more gold, i feel like most teams don't want to lean into their unique colors, maroon is ok, but its as boring as navy, gold is bright and not many teams use it as a main color, when the bronx started in '88 that what set them apart along with parra's blue and gold.
Now they try to be Maroon and white mostly atleast for the home, the gold away of 2020 was the best broncos jersey they've made since their heritage jersey of '88 (apart from the purple stripes)

Dawesy76

Juniors
I like the mostly maroon look. If they are serious about rebooting the club then going with that all maroon look makes sense. I’m actually a fan of having a simplistic home strip and a crazy as f**k away. Similar to the 3rd kit that the EPL does.

MugaB

Coach
I like the mostly maroon look. If they are serious about rebooting the club then going with that all maroon look makes sense. I’m actually a fan of having a simplistic home strip and a crazy as f**k away. Similar to the 3rd kit that the EPL does.
I get that, i like simple kits too, but does the identity of the club get lost in a plain maroon jersey/maroon shorts/maroon socks, really leaning into the QLD rep side, rather than the broncos, my example is how Melbourne has really leaned into using their purple, or how badly canberra stepped away from their lime green in 2021.

A great example is Cronulla, now imagine they decide to go a full black kit for the home, and a white for their away, with a bit of sky blue here and there, that's what this broncos home kit reminds me of

Its what the Wests Tigers have been doing, instead of having their Gold home jersey, they want to be black home, and white away, their identity is off to me, if you want to wear the magpies colors then just be Wests Magpies

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I’m not mad at it. Would look better without the oval. Looks a bit like a shape chart so I’ll look forward to the new KIA logo.

sheepbender

Juniors
My issue with the new Broncos jersey is that the KIA logo covers more area than the design feature of the stripes. Plus the age old, they dont go all the way around. Which makes it look like theyre floating a bit.
I just find the balance is out and the logo overwhelms the design.

Dawesy76

Juniors
997E60FD-146C-45C8-A3B2-8F6299F116D6.jpeg I know I’m biased but the broncos jersey in Matt Gillet’s story actually looks ok ‘for real’ as opposed to the ads.

although it does make me wish for the stripes to go all the way around now. :(

some11

Referee
For gods sake just make the hoops go all the way around the jersey

2377-949.jpg

greenBV4

Bench
If anyone tells me its because "you can't print on side panels" I'll kick them in the balls.

It's a load of horse shit, pardon the pun
Hence me asking if Melbourne have been the only team to do so, we have had lightning bolts on the side panels for a few years now

sempmrh

Juniors
Hence me asking if Melbourne have been the only team to do so, we have had lightning bolts on the side panels for a few years now

Other teams have done it. Unfortunately I can't be more specific than that but I remember seeing it. I seem to remember at least one Indigenous jersey with printing on the side panels.

A difference in fabric doesn't matter, either. ISC player issue jerseys use a vastly different fabric for their side panels but they can still print on it. Not printing on side panels seems to be a conscious choice made by designers. In saying that, though - I'm okay with side panels when they match the body colour of the jersey. I don't like when they contrast.

Dawesy76

Juniors
I saw a few former broncos get sent jerseys today on Instagram. From all the ones that I saw being opened, they looked good, again I am biased, but those side panels not going around make me sad. :(.

It means whenever we get a heritage strip it will probably look good, but with side panels.

Latest posts