What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Maybe we play BMM as a prop and Jazz's contract finishes at the end of next year, so could be in the long term plans moving forward..

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I like the sironen signing. 3 years speaks to his position in the pecking order.

Probably only Katoa and AFB are signed equal or longer than he is in the pack?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
And I like the fact they did the negotiations on the quiet and it didn't turn into this song and dance to get an early release like the Aloia/Saab situations at Tigers and the dragons.

Kid must have his head screwed on or have some decent people advising him.

JJ

Immortal
I'm hoping we still have atleast one big signing over the preseason - there's still some merry go round with other clubs releasing players to be had I feel. Aside from this I would go with:

RTS
Fus
Hiku
Aitken
Maumalo
Nikorima
CTH
AFB
Egan
LAM
Tohu
Katoa
BMM (Option B Murchie)

Lawton
Jazz
Evans
Bunty (Option B BMM)

I kinda like option B, BMM impact off the bench and Murchie showed a lot on those last 4 or 5 games imo

Think now it must be
11 Sironen
12. Katoa
13. Harris

14. Lawton
15. Tevaga
16. Evans
17. BMM

Lot of hope on the 6 and 7 improving...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Katoa and Murchie are our second rowers going forward. That's why Papali'i left, he was told the plan was to develop those two moving forward.

Sironen adds a good point of difference and I can see Tohu being used as a lock and sometimes prop to allow Sironen and Jazz time at lock.

BMM probably off the bench at second row or a horses for courses role depending on the game situation.

Biggest question mark for me is what we do at hooker behind Egan. That will have a bearing on our bench make up because everything else is covered in our pack/bench.

Big Marn

Juniors
Katoa and Murchie are our second rowers going forward. That's why Papali'i left, he was told the plan was to develop those two moving forward.

Sironen adds a good point of difference and I can see Tohu being used as a lock and sometimes prop to allow Sironen and Jazz time at lock.

BMM probably off the bench at second row or a horses for courses role depending on the game situation.

Biggest question mark for me is what we do at hooker behind Egan. That will have a bearing on our bench make up because everything else is covered in our pack/bench.
Looking at that team, it looks like a tossup between Lawton and Tevaga for a bench spot. Lawton has covered admirably in the backline when injury required whereas Tevaga is the offload machine. Lawton is happy to be the hooker back up (or starter as this season has shown) whereas Tevaga does it reluctantly.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Can Egan play 80? Can Sironen or Jazz fill in 10 minutes each side of half time so Egan plays 60-70 minutes?

While I'd love that to be the case so we can squeeze another player onto the reserves, I wouldn't want us relying on Jazz filling in for more than 10 minutes at hooker. He's simply not good enough there. Can we manage for 10 minutes with him there on order to get another forward on the bench? Maybe.

At the end of the day, we have Murchie, Tohu, Katoa, Sironen and Jazz on our books and if we're having 2 props and a hooker on our bench, someone's missing out...

Big Marn

Juniors
im not sure if this was mentioned before, (may have missed it) but did Toby Rudolf do us a favour by reneging on his contract? Not sure if AFB would have been on our radar or in our budget if we had spent money on Rudolf already.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
im not sure if this was mentioned before, (may have missed it) but did Toby Rudolf do us a favour by reneging on his contract? Not sure if AFB would have been on our radar or in our budget if we had spent money on Rudolf already.
Massive favour I reckon.

It happened at a time when we were at one of our darkest ebbs, stuck in Aus, getting thrashed every week, SK being sacked, Fus & Ken going home, missing out on Tino among a host of others and then this guy dogging us.

Just goes to show every cloud has its silver lining, the club drew a line in the sand, made changes and things started looking up, players showed pride, and decent players are now willing to come to us rather than just use us a negotiating tactic or a family reunion.

Its crazy to think just how dire it had got before and after that thrashing to Melbourne

LeagueNut

First Grade
Sydney Morning Herald reporting today that the Warriors are preparing a "long and lucrative" deal for Jahrome Hughes.

JJ

Immortal
Massive favour I reckon.

It happened at a time when we were at one of our darkest ebbs, stuck in Aus, getting thrashed every week, SK being sacked, Fus & Ken going home, missing out on Tino among a host of others and then this guy dogging us.

Just goes to show every cloud has its silver lining, the club drew a line in the sand, made changes and things started looking up, players showed pride, and decent players are now willing to come to us rather than just use us a negotiating tactic or a family reunion.

Its crazy to think just how dire it had got before and after that thrashing to Melbourne
yep, don't blame Rudolf, and he'd have been a good signing imo. But sacking SK was the best move in years - and Peyten showed he's got the goods, and the playing group responded (when was the last time we could say that about them?)

You're right on the apparent culture change - evident in what they did on field despite being down some players... hopefully Brown can build on it...

Hopefully a huge wake up call to Fus, who really needs to step up now imo

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Im very weary of offering Hughes big coin based off 1 really good season at halfback. I hope this isnt the kiwi factor coming into play.

Remember that time Cam George was asked if there was any player in the world he would sign and he said Mitch Moses? Well Mitchy is available now Cam......

LeagueNut

First Grade
Sydney Morning Herald again ... apparently "The Warriors remain in the mix for the services of Brisbane forward Matt Lodge".

Really not sure about that one - can see positives and negatives.

Sanchez

Coach
Sydney Morning Herald again ... apparently "The Warriors remain in the mix for the services of Brisbane forward Matt Lodge".

Broncos would have to pick up a hefty tab of that contract to make it all work surely. Hes on big $$$

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade

Not sure how that can be, unless we are about to release someone?
We have a squad of 30 already

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Not sure how that can be, unless we are about to release someone?
We have a squad of 30 already

Makes me a bit worried were going for another forward who is close to top tier. Really hope this doesn't mean we're resigned to losing Tohu at the end of nek year.
He'd add size and experience, but I don't know what our team would look like moving forward. We'd almost certainly have to have a hooker who plays the 80 (plus Jazz filling in for 10 min maybe)