What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

Let go his previous barrister for a new one. His old barrister recently helped Tristan Sailor get his bail ( and rightly so).

No expense being spared on Jarryds lawyers.

Hope the knights are under their cap!

T-Boon

Coach
Hayne was my favorite player for 10 years and together with Brett Kenny is my favorite Eel all time, so I just don't think I am going to be able to follow this one.

I hope justice is served but also I hope that means he is innocent.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Jarryd Hayne accuser texted ‘I am hurting so much’ after alleged sex assault: court
The woman who has accused Jarryd Hayne of sexual assault has told a trial what allegedly happened before she started ‘bleeding everywhere’.

Heath Parkes-Hupton
Jarryd Hayne has arrived at Newcastle District Court to defend charges in his sex assault trial.

WARNING: Graphic

A woman has told a jury how she froze as former NRL superstar Jarryd Hayne allegedly sexually assaulted her inside a Newcastle bedroom, causing gruesome injuries that left her “bleeding everywhere”.

Mr Haynes’ Newcastle District Court trial heard on Tuesday that the woman suffered two lacerations to her genitalia after the former Parramatta Eels fullback allegedly pulled off her jeans and began unwanted oral and digital sex on her.

Mr Hayne, 32, has pleaded not guilty to two counts of aggravated sexual intercourse without consent recklessly inflicting actual bodily harm.

He claims the sex was consensual when he went to her home on the night of the NRL grand final in 2018 and the woman’s injuries were accidental.

“He pushed my face down and pulled my clothes off and … I’m not sure whether he bit me or cut me or whatever the hell he did but I was saying don’t, no, I don’t want to,” the woman, who can’t be named said.

“Then I was bleeding everywhere.”

623294b68058338996ef4cd05cf74e02

Former star rugby league player Jarryd Hayne arrives at Newcastle Court for his trial on Tuesday. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Peter LorimerSource:NCA NewsWire

The court was played mobile phone footage of blood spattered across the woman’s bed on the night of the incident, as she remembered the pain of her injuries.

The woman, then 26, recalled in vivid detail seeing blood running down her legs and on the hands and lip of Mr Hayne, and the stinging sensation as she washed herself in the shower.

“I am hurting so much,” she wrote to him in a text message 20 minutes after he left.

Crown Prosecutor Brian Costello said the pair had been flirting over social media for days before Mr Hayne came to her house on September 30, 2018, but made it clear she did not want to have sex with him after learning he had instructed a taxi to wait outside.

An intoxicated Mr Hayne, who was in town for a buck’s party, had already paid the driver $550 to take him from Newcastle to Sydney before he pulled up at the woman’s house, telling the cab driver he was “not going to be long”, Mr Costello said.

237b036959f43ecdafe549b445210435

The former State of Origin star has pleaded not guilty. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Peter LorimerSource:NCA NewsWire

When he arrived about 9pm the footballer suggested a “singalong” the court heard, and started playing Ed Sheeran songs on the woman’s laptop.

She found that “weird” and “awkward”, the court heard.

The woman was alerted to the taxi’s presence when the driver started beeping before knocking on the front door, which was answered by her mother.

“My heart dropped,” she said. “I felt saddened because I realised he must have only seen me in one type of way.

“There was no way in hell I was going to touch him. I was angry, I was hurt, I was sad.”

470d324f74ce77c721c6a544397398dc

Phillip Boulten SC, Jarryd Hayne’s barrister. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Peter LorimerSource:NCA NewsWire

Mr Hayne left the room to speak with the driver before returning and trying to kiss her, she said, but she refused: “I said no. He did not stop.”

The woman claimed the footballer then pushed her in the face down toward a pillow before pulling her pants off in one go, as she tried to hold them up, and started to perform sex acts on her.

“I don’t know whether he’s cut me with a ring or nails, he was just being really rough,” she said. “I was saying, ‘No’.”

“I think I froze in a way. I can’t remember a massive struggle, it was just really confusing.”

Then she saw blood: “It was all over the bed in front of me and he stood up with it all over his hands.

“There was blood all down my legs and dripping everywhere.”

d172e298d746e274dc7b2ca5d8bf12a4

Jarryd Hayne during his time at the Parramatta Eels. Picture: AAP Image/Daniel MunozSource:AAP

Mr Hayne washed himself in an ensuite sink and left soon after, with the woman explaining away the mess and the footballer’s hasty exit to her mother on him having a “nose bleed”.

His barrister Phillip Boulten SC told the court his client would give evidence that all of the sexual activity was consensual, and that the woman’s injuries were an unfortunate accident.

“They both intended to have sex. It was not going to be romantic, unfortunately, but it was going to be sexual,” Mr Boulten said.

He said his client had arrived in “regrettable form” after attending a two-day buck’s party for a fellow footballer, and was invited straight into the woman’s bedroom.

“He was singing along to Ed Sheeran songs. He was not there to overbear her will,” Mr Boulten said.

“(The woman) did not say ‘no’, she did not say ‘stop’ … she was enjoying what was happening. Until they saw blood.”

Mr Boulten said there was “no doubt” his client caused the injury, most likely via a fingernail, but he did not “intend to harm her at all and he’s sorry about that”.

The jury has heard Mr Hayne was in the Newcastle area to attend a party for Fiji teammate and former Newcastle Knights player Kevin Naiqama, along with other footballers.

The court heard the woman and Mr Hayne had started chatting over social media on September 17, 2018, after she sent a message to the player’s Instagram page.

The pair exchanged messages, some sexual in nature, and the woman was “as forward if not more forward” than Mr Hayne.

“You are absolutely gorgeous x,” the court heard she wrote in her first message.

He also asked her to send photos, which the court heard she agreed to do on Snapchat.

In her evidence the woman said some of the messages she sent, including racy photos, were “embarrassing” but she “just wanted to meet him”.

Mr Hayne had sent videos of his young daughter to her over Snapchat, she claimed, which made her feel “respected”.

“I think I was in fairy land to be honest … I didn’t know what was going to happen. I didn’t know whether he’d be interested in me or like he would want to see me more,” she said.

“I think some of the things I said were to get him to like me.”

On grand final night, the two made arrangements to meet at the woman’s home on the outskirts of Newcastle, where the alleged assault took place during a 45-minute encounter.

After the incident she texted Mr Hayne saying: “I know I’ve talked about sex and stuff so much but I didn’t want to do that with the taxi waiting for you.

“I thought you would have at least stayed. But I’m sitting in my room crying because I feel weird.”

The court heard Mr Hayne replied: “Go doctor tomorrow”.

The woman messaged a friend saying she told Mr Hayne “no” but “I just sort of let it go because he was so into it and pushy”, the court heard.

“I just felt I let it happen to myself by not screaming at him.”

The trial continues.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
"Didn't want to do that with a taxi waiting for you".... yeah no shit...

“I thought you would have at least stayed. But I’m sitting in my room crying because I feel weird.”... you wanted him to stay after sexuallly assulting you?.. makes sense.

Between this and the De Belin case football players really only have themselves to blame but these cases are about as clear as mud.. Shitty human beings yes... Rapists ? I guess we will see what the juries have to say.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...feared-he-could-ruin-her-20201125-p56hsv.html

Alleged Jarryd Hayne victim cries in witness box, lashes out at ex-NRL star in court
Georgina Mitchell

A woman who was allegedly sexually assaulted by ex-NRL star Jarryd Hayne in 2018 has turned to the footballer in court and told him "you're a f---ing piece of shit", as she walked out to take a break because she had started to cry in the witness box.

Mr Hayne, 32, is facing trial in Newcastle District Court on two charges of aggravated sexual intercourse without consent recklessly inflicting actual bodily harm. He has pleaded not guilty.

96bab33fadb2438278f963a12981ab08b75be544

Jarryd Hayne arrives at court on Wednesday.CREDIT:DARREN PATEMAN

The jury was told Mr Hayne had been in Newcastle for a two-day bucks' party and had arranged a taxi to drive him back to Sydney for $550. He stopped at the woman's home in Fletcher on the way there, leaving the taxi waiting outside.

Once inside the woman's bedroom, it is alleged he pulled off her pants and assaulted her with his hands and mouth, leaving her bleeding from the vagina.

Mr Hayne's barrister said the encounter in the bedroom was entirely consensual, and the injury to the woman happened accidentally when Mr Hayne "scratched her, by the look of it, with a fingernail", which shocked him too.

ddd192c975968dfff1ed6813e70d3cb7098ac99c

Jarryd Hayne with his lawyer and barrister outside court.CREDIT:DARREN PATEMAN

On Wednesday afternoon, as she gave evidence for a second day, the woman began to cry and wiped her face with a tissue while being cross-examined by Mr Hayne's barrister. She said certain details she was being questioned about were irrelevant, and "no means f---ing no".

Judge Peter Whitford asked her to take a break, and as the woman left the court she turned to Mr Hayne and said, "you’re a f---ing piece of shit". She returned about five minutes later.

Earlier, the woman was shown messages she sent to a friend in the days after the alleged assault, including saying it looked like she had been bitten on the genitals and asking, "If it's a bite can it get infected?

"I’m too scared to report it, he would have the money to ruin me," the woman wrote to her friend. "The last thing I need is my life in the public eye."

The woman told the court about various health issues she had experienced in the past, including being given antibiotics for an infection, and said she was starting to get worried about the "open wound" on her genitals.

Several days after the incident her friend asked her in a message, "it's not bleeding any more, is it?" and the woman responded, "yeah it is".

"Definitely doctor tomorrow!!" her friend said.

The woman told the court she went to the doctor and explained what happened, and the doctor "had a look at the area and said it looks like a bite" and told her not to touch it.

"She spoke to me about reporting it to police and I told her my feelings about it ... and she wrote down what had happened just in case I ever wanted to report it. She said I could do it anonymously," the woman said.

The woman said she came into contact with police after she told her sister what happened, and then her brother-in-law found out.

"He was really angry. He called me and he said he called a few people in regards to what to do, and I was pretty angry that he’d done it behind my back," the woman said.

"He asked me if I would be comfortable to speak to Karyn Murphy, who’s part of the integrity unit, the NRL integrity unit, which I was a bit iffy about. Because I was just scared."

The woman said she did speak to Ms Murphy, who said "she wanted to get in contact with the police to report it, because she was unhappy".

"At first I was scared, but I said yes," the woman said.

When it was put to her that her evidence about the incident was not true, the woman responded: "I disagree".

The woman was shown several messages she sent to Mr Hayne on Snapchat, including a message where she said a friend had told her to go to the police.

"He replied 'what'. And then later, I'm not sure if it’s the same day or the next day, he wrote 'any allegations' and a question mark," the woman said.

In a later Snapchat conversation, she said she "definitely wasn't ok from the damage that night ... it was pretty messed up".

My Hayne responded: "Wtf are you on about!!! I stopped straught [sic] away and made sure your [sic] were ok. We spoke for a while after and made sure you were ok b4 I left. You’re starting to sound suss."

The trial continues.

Latest posts