What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Arghhhh the old 'player x' is shit cos he left us trick.

It's just pure coincidence that at roughly the same time Mansour was booted, we've gone from players openly saying they'll stay regardless of other offers, to now publicly testing the market? Loyalty is a two way street, we've shown our hand.

How this was taken by playing group was completely dependent on Mansours reaction. He has whinged and now potentially caused issues with other players re-signing because he has whinged about being told he will be in reserve grade next year. The club didnt do anything wrong by Josh. The young players see it as a loyalty issue cause very likely that is what Sauce is telling them. Showing loyalty doesnt extend as far as giving mansour a sure starting position for as long as he wants, thats a joke mate.

MugaB

Coach
How this was taken by playing group was completely dependent on Mansours reaction. He has whinged and now potentially caused issues with other players re-signing because he has whinged about being told he will be in reserve grade next year. The club didnt do anything wrong by Josh.
Well thats good then, if there is an exodus of talent, that can be on mansours conscious, the club gave him time and an out if he needs it, and is willing to complete the contract for 2021, no one is saying you have to go, they're saying just step aside for the younger guys.
Same talks are happening with Fergo at the Eels, i suspect the same as JAC at the storm,
Souths tried to offload Johnston(but being leading try scorer of the year is not gonna happen) dogs cut half their squad

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
How this was taken by playing group was completely dependent on Mansours reaction. He has whinged and now potentially caused issues with other players re-signing because he has whinged about being told he will be in reserve grade next year. The club didnt do anything wrong by Josh. The young players see it as a loyalty issue cause very likely that is what Sauce is telling them. Showing loyalty doesnt extend as far as given mansour a sure starting position for as long as he wants, thats a joke mate.

In fact I believe the club attempted to do the 'right' thing by Josh.

Sadly I don't think the club will do that again, especially after the fuss he's kicked up.

MugaB

Coach
In fact I believe the club attempted to do the 'right' thing by Josh.

Sadly I don't think the club will do that again, especially after the fuss he's kicked up.
Its funny coz when in a few years time, when Nathan or Luai negotiations come up again, we'll be thinking good thing Maloney took that Catalans contract way back when, or fighting about how penrith lost Matt Burton to the Roosters of all teams etc

MugaB

Coach
If they lock up Romy for longer, the rest will follow, only Matt Burton will be the one that probably moves on, but i hope he stays just too cement himself within our team, and not get a huge contract elsewhere and underperform, which i doubt he will, but thats the ball and chain with huge money, the expectations to win are huge

Whats his name? Not Tyler is it? Ive heard he is a good one it only about 15 or 16.
No we have 5 to 6 good young halves in that age group including Tyler, Jett Cleary, Katoa younger brother who is a star and a couple of youngsters from central west of the state. All selected in Harold Matthews squad for 2021

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep the well isn't drying up. The top 15 or so are locked in for 2 years. In that time the new batch is on its way. The Ball team for next year is stacked. Those 18 or 19 year olds likely are pushing FG then

Status
Not open for further replies.