What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bomber Morris Issue

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Bomber would be on less coin as a head coach than many of these assistant coaches being talked about. There is a reason why we hire average assistant coaches.....pay peanuts you get monkeys.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I really like bomber, he has brought on the younger guys ,kept us in the eight whilst playing games with three millstones around his neck. If he can last this season he will be rid of Flanno’s excesses. But will he? Hannay is a safe choice as assistant. Like you drop Bomber and get Josh, so don’t drop Bomber. But what if you loose 9 in a row? As it is a clean out of Biblical proportions is on the horizon. That might get players more motivated, but with signings like Tolman wins might be thin on the ground. Bomber has to keep improving the younger players, keep that core and look for more. No more Tolmans,Woods and Moylan. Say goodbye to Chad,FiFi and Graham they have earned their place in Sharks history.
Never thought I’d say it but agree on Wadeo.....last two years have been very ordinary by his high standards.....albeit with some injuries along the way. Needs a big year to justify a further investment imo.

shaggs

Coach
I like how the 3 main names mentioned in the Roth field article are 3 of our highest profile/highest paid, yet most underperforming players.

Graham Fifita and Moylan were diarrhoea most of last season. Very few minutes of any quality were strung together.

Morris stands his ground and tells them they suck, and you lot want him gone?

Craigshark

First Grade
I don’t think it’s as much as everyone wanting Morris gone, I think he has probably earned a chance to see what he can do with his own squad. I think most would probably liked to have seen us snap up a better or more experienced assistant with a defence mindset which I in my opinion would only benefit Morris.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I don’t think it’s as much as everyone wanting Morris gone, I think he has probably earned a chance to see what he can do with his own squad. I think most would probably liked to have seen us snap up a better or more experienced assistant with a defence mindset which I in my opinion would only benefit Morris.

And sounds like they wanted that in McDermott if you're to believe the media but COVID restrictions meant he wouldn't get here in time for the pre season. Probably pretty valuable time for the coaching department and being down staff not ideal.

Maybe we'll still see him join us down the track?

Stake Removed

First Grade
I like how the 3 main names mentioned in the Roth field article are 3 of our highest profile/highest paid, yet most underperforming players.

Graham Fifita and Moylan were diarrhoea most of last season. Very few minutes of any quality were strung together.

Morris stands his ground and tells them they suck, and you lot want him gone?
Yes those 3 underperformed and so did CT massively he did nothing but is not mentioned at all.
There seems to be plenty of those players who didn't perform in 2020 all with plenty of experience.
Of those with over 50 games experience only SJ was at best level the rest did not perform week in week out all sub par.
Is it the Bomber is unable to get them to listen because of all he may do getting rookies to work.
His efforts with experience players is appalling I believe these were all our 50 plus experienced players this year only SJ played like the money he was on.

Moylan
Dugan
McDonald
Goodwin
Townsend
Ramien - just over 50 games
Woods
Fifita
Graham

I think that's all none of them played upto standard

snout

First Grade
Are you referring to Barrett ? pretty sure the Panthers didn't win the comp.

And to confirm you're completely writing off Hannay and having a sook about it but didn't form an opinion on Sandercock last year when we signed him who has a less inspiring track record. Got it.
Haha.
Love how you bring up the word sook to try and strengthen some pointless argument you have.
Is that it the best youve got in the name calling stakes.
Pathetic attempt.

Spend as much time as you like comparing sandercock and hannay - obviously means a lot to you.

Different rosters under different head coaches and one had a go at the top job and one didnt.
Yaaawn.

snout

First Grade
Proof in the pudding will be how Barrett goes at the dogs over the next couple of years although intelligent is not a term I’d associate with him. Plenty have used the term “dumb as dog shit”. Pennies didn’t win the comp either mate.
Any answer yet on why you don't think he's intelligent?
Or a name from the 'plenty'?

Griffoshark66

First Grade
So I can't be bothered filtering out all of the shite, but was wondering if anyone knows if this actually has any legs? To me it reeks of a media beat up with most outlets using quotes from other stories, but none from clubs, players or coaches. I hope he did say it. Get fit or piss off. Seems reasonable.

When Jack Gibson walked into a club he asked what the top player was earning, he then named what he wanted, which was always more than the top players wage. Granted Jack could do that because of who he was but the point he was making was that he was now "top dog".
Morris is reportedly on $350K a year, that is less than half of what some of these players named are on. He's be on less than the teams middle of the road players. Far from top dog status.
That may play into the team environment.

Tiger Shark

Bench
When Jack Gibson walked into a club he asked what the top player was earning, he then named what he wanted, which was always more than the top players wage. Granted Jack could do that because of who he was but the point he was making was that he was now "top dog".
Morris is reportedly on $350K a year, that is less than half of what some of these players named are on. He's be on less than the teams middle of the road players. Far from top dog status.
That may play into the team environment.

Yeah but Morris has control off what they do, if they play, where they play, what days/hours they train.

Top dog status isn't just what you earn.

carinashark

First Grade
We have two seasons where our senior players in general played like they didn’t care.
The young players brought on by Bomber plus SJ got us into the eight. Injuries ment we didn’t make another finals week. I don’t know how soon we can get rid of our dead wood and fix the high wage problem. We have a great team base to build with. Bring on 2022.

snout

First Grade
Nah..... more the case of I couldn’t be f**ked being the tenth person on the forum arguing with you....life’s too short.
Yeah..thought ya might go down that path.
It was just the irony of you calling someone else dumb as dogshit.

And then creating a plethora of imaginary friends to back you up.

Last edited:

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Yeah 2021 is looking a lean year for us.

Aim towards 2022. Make some huge signings (Burton is the man I’d be looking keenly at), get a bustling prop, a lock, a quality 7 and a strike fullback (could be Burton?) and I reckon we’re looking good. We’ll be saying goodbye to Woods, Dugan, Fifita, Moylan, and hopefully Chad. Give SJ the benefit of the doubt, see how his achillies heals and go from there