What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Tales

Juniors
If Young and Hodgson hit the ground running when the opportunities arise next season our backline will rival anyone’s. A fit Watson adds a whole new layer too. I personally hope Connor plays right centre next year. He has that ability to catch defenders napping. The utility thing for me puts him at sea. He never quite gets on the ball enough.

Burwood

Bench
Were the earlier rumors of Mann leaving the club and heading back to Queensland true? If so, offload him for 2021 and work hard to get Clifford here ready for next season.

Johns Magic

Referee
I suspect getting Clifford for 2021 was a big part of the pitch, and releasing Sione has allowed it. I’ll be surprised if the Cowboys stand in his way, especially having seen a little of how Payten operates.

Cannot see why the Cowboys, who are in the middle of a rebuild, would want to keep Clifford on for 2021 if hes leaving in 2022. Makes zero sense denying him a release as they'd save on cap space and get an extra year to bed in a replacement halves option

aqua_duck

Coach
Cannot see why the Cowboys, who are in the middle of a rebuild, would want to keep Clifford on for 2021 if hes leaving in 2022. Makes zero sense denying him a release as they'd save on cap space and get an extra year to bed in a replacement halves option
exactly right, Clifford isn't even an out and out regular, they've got Scott Drinkwater and Daejarn Asi also competing to partner Morgan in the halves, would be silly to not release Clifford early

aqua_duck

Coach
Btw must say I've been quite impressed with the recruitment so far from Clint Zammitt, Young and Hodgson are supposed to be 2 of the biggest young talents in the UK, Clifford was a highly rated junior and from all accounts has some really good performances under his belt at QLD cup level which I feel is a pretty high standard and I think Sauaso Sue will prove to be a good bargain signing.

Tony Morris

Juniors
Btw must say I've been quite impressed with the recruitment so far from Clint Zammitt, Young and Hodgson are supposed to be 2 of the biggest young talents in the UK, Clifford was a highly rated junior and from all accounts has some really good performances under his belt at QLD cup level which I feel is a pretty high standard and I think Sauaso Sue will prove to be a good bargain signing.

Hodgson is something VERY special. Anyone read the interview with Pete, Sione's brother over the weekend? Sounds like we got ourselves a gun !!

ryana87

Juniors
Clifford confirmed for '22 and' 23

No word on next year

I find it funny that they do a tease a few hours before for Jack Johns and Josh King...... But just shadow drop this announcement