What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
This is the last thing ill say about Sauce. His comments IMO have hampered his chances at finding another NRL club. Ive got no doubt there would be clubs that would be happy to take him on especially with Penrith paying some of his wage, but if he is so unwilling to play reserve grade well no club is going assure him a starting spot. They might have young guys who they are not sure will be ready in round 1 but might good to go in round 15 in that situation Josh would be perfect but if Josh is going to blow up at getting dropped and want out maybe they dont need to take that risk on a 30 year old winger.

betcats

Referee
Ah, Alice.

Any club staff worth their salt should have approached the meeting that way. If they did not & referred to Josh not being in the Top 17 for 2021, then they're incompetent.

If they stuck to the script and Josh was seeking a guarantee that he'd play NRL throughout 2021, which the club refused to give (i.e. he will need to fight for his position), then Josh is a sook and manipulating the story.

These are the 2 primary scenarios in what happened that day, which was the point of my first post. I'll leave the slapstick to you as you've (unintentionally) built quite the reputation for it.

I bet a lot of players got sat down after this season in a meeting and one way or another got told if they want to keep playing first grade they will have to move on, It happens all the time. Acting like this is a rare occurrence in this business is a joke. We just dont hear about it because most players dont blow up about it.

franklin2323

Immortal
I bet a lot of players got sat down after this season in a meeting and one way or another got told if they want to keep playing first grade they will have to move on, It happens all the time. Acting like this is a rare occurrence in this business is a joke. We just dont hear about it because most players dont blow up about it.

Or in Benji's case you hear in the media. Happens all the time in fact Alex Johnston fought back and got a new deal after such a conversation

franklin2323

Immortal
The two catagories was a simplification. Obviously you can Plus or Minus 50-100K for players in those categories.

For instance - I would not be wanting to pay Laui, Crichton or Yeo over 600K. I don't think they are worth that much.

Then again someone like JFH could well be worth 800K when the time comes.

Likewise with the 300K category. Some of those players could be worth 350-400 and others 200-250. This was just an 'exercise' of simplification so the post would not drag on to be even larger than it already was.

The issue is you don't pay what they are now. You guess what they are worth during that period. We may sign Luai on overs at this moment but hopefully come 2023 it is caught up

Abacus

Juniors
comedy gold
New favourite saying Alice?
Agreed. But if the club have handled it like amateurs than the criticism is warranted.

If Josh just got an answer he didn't like, then he's sooking. First rule of sport, there is always someone better than you.

betcats

Referee
New favourite saying Alice?

Agreed. But if the club have handled it like amateurs than the criticism is warranted.

If Josh just got an answer he didn't like, then he's sooking. First rule of sport, there is always someone better than you.

Yep. Look at Whare. He must've had the same chat at some point given hes not only been dropped but shopped around. Franklin has said his kids are at the same school and Whare doesnt want to leave the area and yet we havent heard a peep from Deano.

murraymob

First Grade
Yep. Look at Whare. He must've had the same chat at some point given hes not only been dropped but shopped around. Franklin has said his kids are at the same school and Whare doesnt want to leave the area and yet we havent heard a peep from Deano.
Do you think that is because he has no other option in footy.He will not find other work on the money he gets now.Whare has 2 years at high money earning of course he is staying

betcats

Referee
Do you think that is because he has no other option in footy.He will not find other work on the money he gets now.Whare has 2 years at high money earning of course he is staying

No i think it is because he has handled it with class unlike Josh. Blade has said they cant find someone to take him so he must be aware he's being shopped around.

age.s

First Grade
Ok well I still disagree with the idea that because he had a whinge we must've handled it poorly.

Thats fair enough. I certainly wouldn't say I'm right, it's not something we can be "right" about. I was mostly responding to Alice posting about not making assumptions, pointing out that were all making assumptions about one thing or another.

GongPanther

Referee
Confirmed Burton to Dogs. Was always on the cards to play 6... hopefully he gets to play 6
Good on him and hope he thrives at his new club. So I assume Burton's exile will free up more funds to hang onto Crichton. As they say, takes a few eggs to break to make an omelet.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Good on him and hope he thrives at his new club. So I asdume Burton's exile will free up more funds to hang onto Crichton. As they say, takes a few eggs to break to make an omelet.

Probably moves the focus to Naden and actual centres too.

As for the move. Lets see because I rate Averillo so he may end up in another position anyway

Bummer.

Playing your preferred position is always a big pull, always thought it was weird how some here thought it was more plausible for him to sign for us out of position than with a struggling club in his preferred position.

Also it doesn’t matter the details of the no poaching agreement between Barrett & the club, the club now looks silly for even saying there was one. We just lost our most talented junior in a long, long time.

Fangs

Coach
Disappointing to lose him but he is a starting 6. We tried our best but after Luai had a massive year we couldn't really hold onto Burton.

Has not chosen a great environment. But will be getting paid. And shouldn't expect too much pressure to perform as the club isn't expected to make the 8.

MugaB

Coach
Bummer.

Playing your preferred position is always a big pull, always thought it was weird how some here thought it was more plausible for him to sign for us out of position than with a struggling club in his preferred position.

Also it doesn’t matter the details of the no poaching agreement between Barrett & the club, the club now looks silly for even saying there was one. We just lost our most talented junior in a long, long time.
Thats crazy money they've been throwing around, sad thing is if he hurts himself or doesn't play upto their standards the pressure isnt good for a kid like him, last thing he needed was to be another luke brooks or milford

Status
Not open for further replies.