What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

rightleftin

Juniors
Looks like Cabramatta will not be in RMC/SS. Their board had proposed that the Leagues club be taken over by Cabravale RSL but only 25% of Cabramatta members voted in favour, so they wont be getting the $1 million per year from Cabravale for rugby league.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I knew about the vote but is the decision not to run RMC/SS a recent thing ?
Does that mean no women's too ?

rightleftin

Juniors
I knew about the vote but is the decision not to run RMC/SS a recent thing ?
Does that mean no women's too ?

My assumption was that without the RSL money they have nothing for semi pro football. Their website is full of posts about Junior footy being back in 2021 but nothing about anything else and their list of coaches ends at Under 21's.

imgunawin72

Juniors
My assumption was that without the RSL money they have nothing for semi pro football. Their website is full of posts about Junior footy being back in 2021 but nothing about anything else and their list of coaches ends at Under 21's.
I would have thought that cabra leagues club would make enough money to pay for RMC and SS teams.

rightleftin

Juniors
I would have thought that cabra leagues club would make enough money to pay for RMC and SS teams.

Cabra Leagues profit in 2017 was only $46k but at the same time they borrowed $3.5 million for improvements to the club. It has gone downhill from there with losses of more than $0.5 million in each of 2018 and 2019 so last year Cabra Leagues club sought expressions from other clubs to "merge" with them ie bail them out. But the members voted against it. They have not put their 2020 annual report on the website but Covid will have created a lot of red ink, so they be putting every cent towards clearing the bank debt so they can survive.

Confirmed teams for 2021 Ron Massey Cup

Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
Cabramatta Two Blues
Fiji Silktails
Glebe Dirty Reds
Hills District Bulls
Mounties
Ryde Eastwood Hawks
St Marys
Wentworthville Magpies
Western Suburbs Magpies
Windsor Wolves