What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloiai gone?

I'd take Siro back. He is what I'd consider a like for like replacement and we are light in 2nd row compared to Front row.

It also would be a great morale boost seeing one of our junior products come home. You never know... Teddy might become nostalgic and want to come back hahaha dreaming
Yeah, I guess I never really thought much of it but Siro offers more and yes we are light in the 2nd row. Siro just might want to prove something.

whilst at Manly, maybe the CEO might want to come ‘home’.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I don’t really follow Teddy at all, but it just seems that something is wrong with him and Easts are not offering him the length of contract he was after (if I understood it correctly) has anyone seen this or am I just imagining it?

I think it was more that it's a massive contract and they are taking some time to iron out all the details. I'll be surprised if it falls through and Teddy isn't a Rooster for the rest of his career.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeah, I guess I never really thought much of it but Siro offers more and yes we are light in the 2nd row. Siro just might want to prove something.

whilst at Manly, maybe the CEO might want to come ‘home’.
CEO went to same high school as me.Nice guy although don’t recommend he return to Concord as CEO albeit Pascoe is pathetic & needs to b replaced.

Rhyno

First Grade
It’s a slap in the face to all the people who have lost their jobs because of COVID if the tigers keep him on just to mow the lawn for 400k

I’m sure there’s a bloke with a lawn mowing business that’s be happy to mow the lawn for 20k a year

Fordy20

Juniors
I’d pass on Siro,I don’t get the love for him ,he was very ordinary for us when he was here and only average at best for Manly, we need better.

True, he didn't show a lot when Potter moved him to the second row. I often wonder if that was whether he was still working out the role or if he had his nose out of joint because he wasn't playing five-eighth. After four seasons at Manly, he should have put those issues behind him. While I'd prefer us to get Angus Chritchon for our back row, Curtis is a more realistic option.

Tigerm

First Grade
I note that there are rumours that the club will sack Aloiai, he will be fined the first time (if he has no medical excuse) for not attending training, then sacked the second time for not attending training (with no medical excuse)?
Not sure what that would do, except play into his hands. I’m sure he would know that he won’t be welcome back.

Tiger05

First Grade
He wants to be sacked right ? Who knows what they are going to do. I said with Matterson we should just keep him because we can't get a better player for the same dollars. I feel the same way about Aloiai.

The thing is I can sort of understand just releasing them. These guys are cancer to the club. It's a shit situation. You keep them to make a point but it also means you have to have them at the club.

if he is sacked we don't need to pay him, and the NRL will not register his new contract for the year
I understand not having to pay him phenisha but why would the NRL not register a new contract? He hasn't committed a crime etc so surely he's free to do what he wants.

Happy if the NRL does what you say to put a stop to this type of thing (and player agents) though, but surely the employment laws in this country would stop the NRL.

A Jack de Bellin type thing is a different story though, except we are all innocent until proven guilty.

WA Tiger

Bench
He wants to be sacked right ?
That’s prob correct. So let’s hope the call to fire Aloiai isn’t an ill considered impact statement for the media that’ll come back to bite us.....We just have to ideally find a replacement quick and move on or follow through on holding on to him for now until this is all sorted by the NRL boss if that’s possible

Shredder

Juniors
Maybe the the NRL needs to not register contracts a year in advance?
Although in reality, we want the same thing with Daine Laurie right?

Maybe we just need to release the cat and suck it up?

I dont fkn know. All I know is that if he hates the club as much as he says he does I don't want him near any of our players.

Das Hassler

Bench
Although in reality, we want the same thing with Daine Laurie right?

I dont think it's quite the same. ..we haven't. ..nor for that matter ever have as far as i know induced a player to turn his back on a contract by declaring he'll never play for his current club again. Enquiries about early transfers are one thing...holding a gun to a club's head is something quite different....JAC a case in point for the former

Perth Tiger

Bench
I dont think it's quite the same. ..we haven't. ..nor for that matter ever have as far as i know induced a player to turn his back on a contract by declaring he'll never play for his current club again. Enquiries about early transfers are one thing...holding a gun to a club's head is something quite different....JAC a case in point for the former

Cough.... Tim Moltzen..... cough

Although that one back fired on us!