What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly and co

kal83

Juniors
Kelly,Aiton,Pom, john williams and stuart flanagan didnt take the asada deal and are about to be given infraction notices. They are likely to miss two years. Everyone else doesnt play professionally anymore - so will be suing for lost earnings. Insurance would likely cover any payouts - essendon for instance took out extra insurance when the scandal hit.

Heard on the Rush Hour that Stewart Mills has joined in this group.
May have said someone else as well, couldn't tell as I was driving up Mt Ousley

Special K

Coach
Gardner.

Here is a story from 2014 about Mills and ASADA back in 2014. Wasn't involved
THE mother of Sharks discard Stewart Mills — one of 22 members of the 2011 squad originally in ASADA’s sights — believes Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan should be “banned for life” over the supplements scandal.

While Mills was not among the 17 past and present players who on Friday accepted back-dated 12 month bans for taking prohibited substances, his involvement in last year’s ASADA interviews took a massive toll.

Mills made a man-of-the-match debut two weeks before the 2011 supplement regime of injections, pills and creams was terminated, ensuring he would be a person of interest to ASADA during last year’s investigation.

He couldn’t breathe easy until last week, when solicitor Richard Redman rang to advise that only players who received injections over a four-week period before Mills was selected would face bans.

But the local junior’s mother, Geraldine, views his escape as little consolation and expressed great remorse for the younger players who invested enormous trust in the club’s coaching staff.

She believes that Friday’s admissions should spell the end for Flanagan, who is due to return from nine-month NRL ban for corporate governance failures on 17 September.

“I think that if these players have to take ASADA bans, then so should Flanagan,” she said.

“He should be banned for life. He should never be allowed to coach another team again.

“This whole thing has effectively ruined my son’s career, and I can’t accept the head coach had no knowledge about any of it.

“I remember at the time Stewart was talking about the team doing ‘amino acids’ — he never said ‘peptides’.

“There was also this purple stuff he kept in the fridge. It stayed there for over a year before I threw it away. I’m kicking myself now.

“The big thing is that they had no idea what conditions my child was born with. He actually has a blood disorder. They were giving him these things without knowing, and now who knows what will happen down the track.”

BENNETT SAYS FLANAGAN IS TO BLAME

Her comments resonated with Knights coach Wayne Bennett, who unleashed a furious spray at Flanagan and his former staff after losing the playing services of Jeremy Smith and Kade Snowden for the rest of the season as a result of yesterday’s ASADA deal.

“The people they trust more than anybody else in their lives and in what they do is their coaches and their staff,” Bennett said.

“They were told it wasn’t performance-enhancing. That’s been a constant since this has all happened and their trust has been breached and as a result of that, these men are now paying a price for it.”

“Yeah, the buck stops within the group that told them this was okay to do this.”

SHARKS ROOKIES MAY FILL BIG BOOTS

Flanagan has steadfastly maintained he had no knowledge of the injections until former club doctor, David Givney, called a crisis meeting on April 6, 2011.

His recollection contrasts with that of former strength and conditioning coach, Trent Elkin, who worked closest with sports scientist Stephen Dank to devise and carry-out the supplement program.

Elkin has maintained — publicly and to ASADA last year — that Flanagan was aware of the injections from the start.

ASADA BANS WON’T WIPE PLAYER RECORDS

The Daily Telegraph understands ASADA will use the 17 confessions as evidence to prosecute anti-doping charges against Cronulla support staff, which could include Flanagan, Elkin and trainer Mark Noakes.

Although Flanagan did not possess or administer any of the banned substances, there is a broad provision in the WADA Code to nab support staff for “assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up or any other type of complicity involving an anti-doping rule violation.”

If it were established that Flanagan knew, he could be held liable because he was ultimately responsible for the football department.

Elkin has already admitted to injecting at least one player, putting him in the firing line to be banned for administration.

He is still serving an NRL ban imposed last December, which is not due to expire until December 2015.

Noakes was the club’s doping officer at the time, and an internal investigation found he was asked to bring a sharps disposal container to training while the injections were taking place in 2011.

He was one of four staff sacked on the basis of that investigation last March, but returned to work in July 2013 after commencing an unfair dismissal claim.

Meanwhile, Mills has been left in park football purgatory.

He’s playing out this season with Helensburgh Tigers after a switch to Brisbane went awry in June, and working on a building site to make ends meet.

“It’s been mentally draining and he basically feels his career was finished before it started,” Geraldine said.

“When he came back from Brisbane to live with us he was in a bad place. He was down, disheartened and sick of being screwed.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/6925219928df00f9e82226bf61aedeaa

Keep this article in mind also

CLASSY winger Stewart Mills has walked away from a six-figure deal with the Broncos to move back home to Sydney and work as a carpenter.

Mills stunned Broncos officials when he asked for a release two weeks ago and will play out the remainder of the season with Helensburgh in the Illawarra Carlton League.

“It was a tough decision to give away a possible NRL career for nothing but it just wasn’t working out and I was really struggling financially,” Mills tells RLW.

“I had a lot of bills, suddenly moving away from home, and I am back living with my parents now. I am going to do some work on the tools and hopefully save some money. I will play out the season for Helensburgh and hopefully have another crack at the NRL next year.”

Former Shark Mills had dreams of grabbing a wing spot in the red-hot Broncos backline outside the likes of Ben Barba, Ben Hunt, Jack Reed and Justin Hodges. He impressed during pre-season training, with Sam Thaiday saying in RLW in February: “He is going to be a very handy player for us this season. Stewy was on fire in the Nines and I reckon he is a big chance to get a spot in the 17 at some stage of the opening rounds.”

But the ex-beach sprint champion found himself playing in the relative backwater of the Queensland Intrust Super Cup for Redcliffe – and out of position at fullback.

“I am a winger and was really just a fill-in at fullback,” he says. “And the Broncos have 1000 fullbacks so I was going nowhere. Cronulla actually called and offered me a chance to come back but it was a part-time deal and I knocked it back.”

The Broncos were saddened by Mills’ decision to walk out on the club.

“He was a good kid and fitted in well but couldn’t quite get a crack at it,” a club spokesman says.

“The players liked him and he fitted in well, but with guys like Dale Copley and Lachlan Maranta going so well, there were no opportunities opening up for him.

“Our backline is on fire and sadly that prevented him from getting a go.”

The 22-year-old is adamant this will not be the end of his NRL career.

“It is a setback for sure and it’s not ideal. But I am still young and keen for another crack,” he says. “My manager is looking around and hopefully he can find the right opportunity for me.”
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/mills-quit-broncos/

Bills suck hey.

Special K

Coach
Another from 2014

WADE Graham will fly to Los Angeles on Saturday, Kade Snowden has booked a European holiday for next month, and Nathan Gardner earned himself a one-year contract extension this week.

Although skipper Paul Gallen has been reduced to a tortured soul, many of his 16 present and past team mates who surrendered to ASADA are simply relieved to see the end of the saga.

The same cannot be said about Cronulla’s board and management.

As if they have not endured enough over the past 18 months, officials are now bracing for the most devastating blow of all.

A legal storm is brewing has been brewing over Remondis Stadium since the illicit 2011 supplements program was exposed last February.

After Fridday’s developments, Sharks powerbrokers fear it could soon be raining writs from players who’ve been forced to admit they are drug cheats in order to secure a reduced ASADA ban.

The club’s previous board identified the potential catastrophe last March, when it tried to strike a deal for players to accept six-month bans just days before the 2013 season kicked-off.

But in exchange for guaranteed pay and one-year contract extensions, the ten players involved at the time were also asked to waive their right to sue the club.

It was a crucial clause for the club, which, in correspondence with the NRL soon afterwards, had described the potential pay-outs from widespread legal in one chilling word.

History shows the players knocked-back that deal, and the old board was booted from power a few months later.

But a change of stewardship has not eased the doomsday scenario.

As preparations towards Wednesday’s distribution of show cause notices ramped up, Sharks directors began to ask whether the club would be considered in any deal.

That is, whether players would once again be asked to forfeit their right to sue in exchange for a sweetheart suspension.

The answer was no.

The back-dated 12 month bans only came with one condition – players admitting they were doped by the club.

Those confessions, combined with the NRL’s $600,000 fine against the club for duty of care breaches last year, has left Cronulla exposed to a tsunami of civil claims.

Three players – Isaac Gordon, Josh Cordoba and Broderick Wright – commenced action in the NSW District Court last year, alleging mental and physical damage from the supplements.

Two of those players, Wright and Cordoba, have to deal with the label of drug cheats as well, a damaging slur that would add weight to their action against the club.

Ditto for the remaining 15 players, who will have to live with that stigma for the rest of their lives.

Perhaps that’s why the club rushed to re-sign Gardner amid the chaos of this week, with the speedster barely being sighted in first grade over the past two seasons.

Think of it as an out-of-court settlement.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a/news-story/bd3ddba084026702d76f649c5da2a739

It seems this little piece of info has slipped through the nets.
Mustn't have been big enough news for the Tele

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/36896068/7th-tackle-sharks-settle-peptides-lawsuits/

It’s court settlement season at Cronulla right now.

Hot on the heels of Todd Carney receiving a pay-out to drop his unfair dismissal lawsuit last week, we can reveal the Sharks have also reached settlements with three of the nine ex-players who sued over the 2011 supplements program.

The first and highest profile litigant was winger Isaac Gordon, who woke with deep and unsightly bruising after being given an unknown substance midway through the season.

Gordon’s father yesterday confirmed his son had reached a settlement with the Sharks earlier this year.

“It wasn’t much – barely a year’s wages for an average bloke,” Gordon Snr said.

He also said ex-forwards Josh Cordoba and Broderick Wright had struck agreements to drop their claims.

Indeed, the NSW District Court yesterday listed all three cases as ‘CLOSED’ yesterday.

But the cases of seven other players who sued – Paul Aiton, Ben Pomeroy, Nathan Gardner, Dean Collis, Stewart Mills and Albert Kelly – all remain ‘OPEN’ and listed for a directions hearing on 6 November.

Sharks CEO Lyall Gorman did not respond to our enquiries yesterday.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Now this shit would be VERY distracting for our club's leader, senior management and a number of key staff. That has to have a negative impact on our operations, focus, and desire to succeed. And we all know where they say winning starts...

sandshark

Bench
If anything the club should be suing Pomeroy for his development of dickie fingers. Thought Fifi caught it a few seasons ago too.

King Ben

Juniors
tEY5uaA.png

A touching gesture for a player currently suing the club..

ghoti

Bench
Saw that Albert Kelly has a train and trial contract with the Broncs for 2021...despite all that went on with the shit in this thread, always thought he had the goods but underperformed. Hope he finds a way back to the NRL in some way

Latest posts