What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yep. We somehow think its smart to let Hetherington go early and chip in for him... Despite not having Leniu locked up and knowing Tamou is gone.

There's no reason we should be wearing any of Hetheringtons contract. His form for Warriors would have easily attracted teams bidding on him. Instead we release him super early, cop a portion of his contract and could potentially lose Leniu to the club we are helping out with his contract.

Clubs are getting desperate on the market for front rowers now. Manly and Tigers would take his entire contract. Bulldogs could have afforded it too. I just dont understand how the club is so happy to pay players to play elsewhere.

We'll have 3 or 4 at other clubs. Crazy in a salary cap comp.

Kilkenny

Coach
But the dumb arse that started all of this can say whatever she likes, because....?

Maybe, just f**king maybe, if she pulled her head from the depths of her arse, she might have a better time on here. But you know, we're all bullies apparently so f**k it.

Everyone’s frustrated, it probably wasn’t supposed to go this way.

Other than Herbert and I we probably should get this personal.

We probably all need to take a chill pill, or as I’m doing a couple of beers followed up with a nice Taylor’s Shiraz.

It kind of a shame in many ways to be expressing our anxieties at each other rather than asking some serious questions around our salary cap management. It just doesn’t seem right to me we have found ourselves in this position.

Abacus

Juniors
Yep. We somehow think its smart to let Hetherington go early and chip in for him... Despite not having Leniu locked up and knowing Tamou is gone.

There's no reason we should be wearing any of Hetheringtons contract. His form for Warriors would have easily attracted teams bidding on him. Instead we release him super early, cop a portion of his contract and could potentially lose Leniu to the club we are helping out with his contract.

Clubs are getting desperate on the market for front rowers now. Manly and Tigers would take his entire contract. Bulldogs could have afforded it too. I just dont understand how the club is so happy to pay players to play elsewhere.
Unfortunately Barrett is not the only 1 of Panthers' 2020 recruitment panel now at the Bulldogs - so they've got a fair bit of inside knowledge re our cap position.

Either the club is being ultra-conservative in cap management (so releasing players before securing others) or our cap is royally f**ked. Anyway appears to be amateurish.

Kilkenny

Coach

Couple of good questions there that need answers.

Abacus

Juniors
Ive been saying this for over a month now, a great leader, mentor to the youngins, plus keeps Luai performing..
Dirt cheap, and would stick that right those WoeWest me Tigers, for ditching him, and.... Ivan and benji reunion
Or maybe we can get Laurie to renege on his Tigers deal - just for the LOLs? Do they still have the 10 day cooling off?

Jane Murray

Bench
lol. Call me out for abuse & then tell me to f**k off. You are either an a level troll or unhinged. If it's the troll then bravo, you are doing a stellar job.
I have a brain injury, which inhibits me from articulating what I say. While my response, in this instance, was inappropriate, you saying that my comment was "the dumbest thing ever" was inappropriate. It is that simple.

franklin2323

Immortal
Unfortunately Barrett is not the only 1 of Panthers' 2020 recruitment panel now at the Bulldogs - so they've got a fair bit of inside knowledge re our cap position.

Either the club is being ultra-conservative in cap management (so releasing players before securing others) or our cap is royally f**ked. Anyway appears to be amateurish.

We will keep those we need too... the rest who cares if they go

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We will keep those we need too... the rest who cares if they go

Maybe I live in fairyland but I'll trust those on the rentention committee to do their stuff.

If we lose Lenui and Critta so be it.

The spine is still the same as last year.

It's happened before, and the sky didn't fall in.

I've got enough stresses in my real life than to manufacture it on a footy forum.

For those throwing abuse, enjoy yourselves......one day you might find yourself with issues like brain injury or failing health.

Think would you like some of these things being said to a family member or a dear friend. No one person has a mortgage on ideas.

Carrying on like a pork chop doesn't change which player re-signs or signs on.

CCJohnC

Juniors
There is an old saying: You can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink' This seems to reflect our attempts to sign off contract players over the last few months. Most I think have waited to November 1 to see how the land lies. All of this via their managers.

hindy111

Post Whore
Proble is between Whare,Mansour,Blake and RCG
you have over 1 mill in dead money. Josh is still under contract and wherever he ends up you'll be chipping in. Unsure about DWZ.
Whare still has another 2 seasons left and I reckon he would be on 300k. A lot for a reserve grader.
Over 10% of cap in dead space. Id say by 2023 books be back in order so just need to keep a competetive side untill then.
As far as 2021 goes who have you actualy lost? Remember Burton is still signed and should be held by the club. If Nathan or Luai went down early and let him go they would be pissed.
You would be missing Tamou. Spencer is still under contract.

If won the comp in 21 and then took a hit in 22 while got books back in order id assume 2 or 3 more juniors would be coming through again.

Keep all these young kids and the pathways blocked for any new ones.

hindy111

Post Whore
Is Spencer any ore a talent then Stefano Uitkumaino from the Eels?
I couldn't care less he went. He isn't yet worth 300k. And at the time he is his contract would almost be up. If they left for more money the first time I am sure they will do the same for the following contract.
Spencer looks good. But any better then Tetevano or Leota? With all the hype I gaurantee his contract will be larger then both. He may be better also but again that is no gaurantee. I wouldn't be paying him anymore then 300k but I bet Dogs offer is well over 400k.

Hethrington is just a stock standard run of the mill prop. He isn't a game changer and a dime a dozen type of player. You can find plenty of guys of his quality to fill a bench spot.

Kilkenny

Coach
No we haven't. We picked Luai over Burton and Staines over Laurie

We are talking in the context of our overall roster.

So given all those who have already confirmed as having left, or leaving in 2022, there are now too many too list here you are comfortable our roster will be as strong going into 2021 as we were a month or so ago.

You are happy with with the way our brains trust are managing our roster, is that your position.

I’m sorry, but I’m really disappointed. So disappointed to seeing so many young players we have developed, nurtured and brought through only to lose them after one successful season. Personally I’m gutted.

Maybe given Burton is confirmed as leaving that will ensure we can get Crichton and Lenui over the line.

Let’s hope so because our situation is pretty depressing and you simply can’t put a positive spin on how things have gone post GF.

Last edited:
Proble is between Whare,Mansour,Blake and RCG
you have over 1 mill in dead money. Josh is still under contract and wherever he ends up you'll be chipping in. Unsure about DWZ.
Whare still has another 2 seasons left and I reckon he would be on 300k. A lot for a reserve grader.
Over 10% of cap in dead space. Id say by 2023 books be back in order so just need to keep a competetive side untill then.
As far as 2021 goes who have you actualy lost? Remember Burton is still signed and should be held by the club. If Nathan or Luai went down early and let him go they would be pissed.
You would be missing Tamou. Spencer is still under contract.

If won the comp in 21 and then took a hit in 22 while got books back in order id assume 2 or 3 more juniors would be coming through again.

Keep all these young kids and the pathways blocked for any new ones.

The money we need is for 2022, not 2021. At that point Whare & Mansour will be fully off the books, and DWZ is already off our books. The killer is RCG & Blake. Those two aren’t off the books until the 2023 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.