What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project mika second row

Gareth67

First Grade
its an age thing mate

Actually it’s my bluudy big fingers hitting a number of letters at once on the tiny little iPad keyboard .

But back to Ravalawa . He would be monstered by most of the other big forwards in the game and once that occurred he would then loose his confidence - totally unsuitable for the pack , where only the tough as teak survive .

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I am afraid that your right jak - for once , I even posted it on the wrong thread !
That’s sure to put the cat amongst the pigeons . :dove:
Look, it’s not the worst case of that we’ve seen in last 24 hours..

Belta

Juniors
The comparison in forwards strength is incredible. I put the decline in strike power and aggression down to the power game strategy. Which I interpret as using once skillful forwards as battering rams.

Yep Mary’s old power game sure took its toll, combine that with the fact Mary played them injured and ran them into the ground, totally opposite to the thinking of coaches like Trent Robinson who seemed to be a knack of knowing when players needed a rest.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I like the second row idea.He is big ,strong and rough.Because of this he will draw defenders and he can pass.Halfbacks wouldnt like the idea of him coming at them in defence or attack.He only has to catch the ball and run off a pass.Not much high ball catching,not much thinking,less decision making than the wing.We actually dont have any second rowers.Tariq lost me 2 seasons ago and the others are either mediocre or too small.Would like to see him trialled there.

Agree- nearest person in build to Frizz at the club and we are VERY light on for edge running backrowers. Have to work big time on his fitness and ball security but he has the raw ingredients and the youth to be a success. Probably won't happen though.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Agree- nearest person in build to Frizz at the club
They’re 1cm difference in height but 15kg difference in weight.

No comparison.

You put 15kg on rava and he loses his speed & agility.

He’s an outside back. And one with plenty of upside.

The concept of moving him to the forwards makes about as much sense as using a fork to remove a stray eyelash from your own eye..

RedV Resurgence

Juniors

No comparison.

The concept of moving him to the forwards makes about as much sense as using a fork to remove a stray eyelash from your own eye..

Jesus,,,,,,I've actually agreed with Muzby and liked his comment, I must not be feeling right!
Something is wrong with me.
I think I might go and have a lay down.
Maybe I should take the rest of the year off the forum.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

No comparison.

Players weight statistics in particular are a joke- James Graham was listed at 107kg- but he was nowhere near that when he played with us. Rav is a plenty big enough for back row - if anything, he looks to be overweight- his quads/hamstrings were heavily bandaged last year so perhaps he experiences muscular issues- but while he can find his way to the try line, his speed in the latter half of last year in particular seemed to be down on the previous year- which may be related to his weight issues.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints backline would be so much better if Mary gave Saints juniors a run earlier rather than have the slug Lafai hog the centre spot for a while. Saints would not have needed Mika or Williame if he put Garrick, Herbert and Saab in the centres/wing 2 years ago when they were ready. They would not have gone any worse if they did start and would have stayed on. Anyway, these new coaches will give the young fellas a run first before looking outside the club.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
just to clarify a few comments were made by coaches etc they stated Rava is 105kg

who knows for certain as the team player profiles have had T Sims at 193cm for years and he aint that tall ive seen hi standing next to jackson ford who is 187cm and no difference at all

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
just to clarify a few comments were made by coaches etc they stated Rava is 105kg

who knows for certain as the team player profiles have had T Sims at 193cm for years and he aint that tall ive seen hi standing next to jackson ford who is 187cm and no difference at all

Lies, damned lies and player statistics