What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Quigs

Immortal
Is she going to be buried in Glad Garbage Bags?

cover-image_the-mike-walsh-show.-archive-no.-503_1_voting.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
That Ugly Dave Gray bloke really gave me the shits. Could not stand a bar of him. He turned me off Blankety Blanks. I now have a similiar reaction to f**king Scotty Cam. I'd rather listen to someone dragging their fingernails down a blackboard than listen to Scotty.

Midnight Oil’s bassist Bones Hillman dies, aged 62

Midnight Oil bass player Bones Hillman, far right, has died. Picture: Oliver Eclipse
Long-time Midnight Oil bassist and backing vocalist Bones Hillman has died of cancer aged 62 at his home in the United States, the Sydney rock band announced on Sunday afternoon.

“We’re grieving the loss of our brother Bones Hillman, who has passed away at his home in Milwaukee today after a cancer battle,” the band wrote in a statement on Facebook.

“He was the bassist with the beautiful voice, the band member with the wicked sense of humour, and our brilliant musical comrade.”

“Bones joined Midnight Oil way back in 1987 after stints in various Kiwi bands, most notably, The Swingers. He played and sang on every Midnight Oil recording since Blue Sky Mining and we did thousands of gigs together.”

“We will deeply miss our dear friend and companion and we send our sincerest sympathies to Denise, who has been a tower of strength for him.”
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ar...s/news-story/5af8d27db35c78f4bac88ffecdd2c506

I missed this one the other day,
Sandy Harbutt, director, producer and star of the great Australian bikie movie "Stone".
Who can forget "SSAAAATTTTTAAANNNNN!"
and Rebecca Gillings boobies. A few main characters from Mad Max appeared in this movie first, The Nightrider and the Toecutter.
Love this movie, such a shame he never made another one.

Hugh Keays-Byrne, 73.
The Toecutter from the original Mad Max.
He also had a part in that Fury Rd one
He also had a big part in Stone, that's two in a week for that fillum.
One day I'll have to go searching for thus page instead of it being on page 1.

Quigs

Immortal
The Parrots not dead yet ....

But did youse hear or read that Bobby Dylan has just sold his entire collection of songs to Universal Music. Over 600 of them.

Can you just imagine what Mr Dylans bank account just went up by.

No figure was disclosed by the way.

Quigs

Immortal
Just heard that good ol' Chuck Yeager has bought the farm. Died today aged 93 I think they said.

Chuck was the first man to break the sound barrier.

I read his autobiography many years ago. It was a very interesting read.

I lot of the old jet test pilots migrated into the fledgling astronaut space program.

What I can remember and I sometimes still use the saying 'bought the farm'. It was a saying the old mad test pilots used to say when one of their own fatally crashed whilst testing the new dang fangled jets.