What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Generalzod

Immortal
The Trails of Gabriel Fernandez shocking abuse, and the system that failed the little boy, how child services is run by an outsourcing company called Maximus...f**king incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The Trails of Gabriel Fernandez shocking abuse, and the system that failed the little boy, how child services is run by an outsourcing company called Maximus...f**king incredible.
Just how much went wrong on so many different levels was gobsmacking. "security guard spots rough looking kid with facial injuries and wants to jump in and intervene" "we cant afford overtime and you will get fired if you continue" WTF!?!

Considering this is in the most paranoid country in the world where just standing in the street for some time will have somone lookinh at you through their curtains with the phone ready for the police but a kid with bruises/burns etc can just cruise along for months in public and nothing happens

Generalzod

Immortal
Just how much went wrong on so many different levels was gobsmacking. "security guard spots rough looking kid with facial injuries and wants to jump in and intervene" "we cant afford overtime and you will get fired if you continue" WTF!?!

Considering this is in the most paranoid country in the world where just standing in the street for some time will have somone lookinh at you through their curtains with the phone ready for the police but a kid with bruises/burns etc can just cruise along for months in public and nothing happens
I literally had a tear in my eye for that little boy, you mentioned the security guard he called the cops and all they did was priorities the call and turned up at 0200 am in the morning and took the mother side of the story without even inspecting young Gabrielle...
Shit will happen here if we allow governments to outsource government departments to the private sector...or they care about is money just look at our job agencies.

Silent Knight

First Grade
White Boy. I just want to say good luck to the FBI if they want to recruit informants in the drug trade in the future because they’ll just turn around and say “f*ck you, look at how you used up and spat out White Boy Rick”.

roofromoz

First Grade
Only seen the first episode so far. Could easily binge the whole thing in one sitting if I had the time.

Another Life

I took on all 10 episodes yesterday with the house to myself and after a heavy Saturday night. But I still cant work out if I "really" enjoyed it or not.

Love my Space Sci-Fi genre, and if anything - this is comparable to Starship Troopers, comic-book style series. Really like the premise, but often found myself willing it to be better than it is. I found the key to enjoying it was not to take it seriously. And a dirty big box of KFC washed down with Pepsi and Hydralite Chasers...

Game_Breaker

Coach
Even Bob Hawke got a cameo in The Crown
more than a cameo, was a whole episode when Jug ears and Diana visited Australia and talk about an Australian republic

Into the Night.

Short sharp and punchy drama, premise is a group of people on a plane who need to fly away from the sun..

It’s an easy watch and I quite liked it. You can knock over the first series in under 4 hours. A 2nd is upcoming apparently.

Matua

Bench
not sure what that is

never once come across you in a footy discussion either
Yeah, sure you don't. :)

I don't come across you in footy discussions either, but I don't think you're a Warriors or Kiwis fan so that would make sense.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Really enjoyed Barbarians. Short sharp season and sets up season 2 nicely.

At the moment, working through Lucifer. Into season 2. Worth persisting with?

Umbrella Academy is on my list. Heard mixed reviews. Anyone elaborate?

Also on the list - Dark and The Alienist. Anyone watched those?

Generalzod

Immortal
Really enjoyed Barbarians. Short sharp season and sets up season 2 nicely.

At the moment, working through Lucifer. Into season 2. Worth persisting with?

Umbrella Academy is on my list. Heard mixed reviews. Anyone elaborate?

Also on the list - Dark and The Alienist. Anyone watched those?
Umbrella Academy is great starts of slow but pickups , have already announced a 3rd season.

Last edited:

Latest posts