What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
I don’t think Burton only left because of insane money. He left for an opportunity to play in his preferred position and own a team. I think there would have been merit in staying for his career but his call. Same with Laurie, he may have won a bench spot (assuming Naden goes and May starts at centre now) but he can walk into the Tigers #1 and conceivably be their go to guy pretty soon with Brooks chances running out.

Melbourne has Edrick Lee and Sandor Earl in their backline frequently. We are just not going to be able to keep potential rep quality depth in spine positions.

if we can flip Sauce and then lock in Crichton, Luai, Yeo and Leniu then I’d consider this off season an unbridled success. Few big ifs to cross off there though.

I don’t think Burton only left because of insane money. He left for an opportunity to play in his preferred position and own a team. I think there would have been merit in staying for his career but his call. Same with Laurie, he may have won a bench spot (assuming Naden goes and May starts at centre now) but he can walk into the Tigers #1 and conceivably be their go to guy pretty soon with Brooks chances running out.

Melbourne has Edrick Lee and Sandor Earl in their backline frequently. We are just not going to be able to keep potential rep quality depth in spine positions.

if we can flip Sauce and then lock in Crichton, Luai, Yeo and Leniu then I’d consider this off season an unbridled success. Few big ifs to cross off there though.

May start at centre?!

I’m having nightmares, he’s not a centre’s arsehole!

If we lose Naden as well, we have to go out and buy a centre, at least as a short term option. Maybe Turuva could come in to the team at some point, but he won’t be ready at the start of the year. Tyrone May just isn’t cut out for a full season at centre.

Last edited:

Blade23

Juniors
May start at centre?!

I’m having nightmares, he’s not a centre’s arsehole!

If we lose Naden as well, we have to go out and buy a centre, at least as a short term option. Maybe Turuva could come in to the team at some point, but he won’t be ready at the start of the year. Tyrone May just isn’t cut out for a full season at centre.

We are actively looking for a centre. Prefably for next year, if not then for 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts