What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Ive been following Critta on insta, hes been on holidays with a bunch of mates and enjoying life out of the bubble I wouldnt stress to much about delays. There is no reason from his stand point to sign fast, his manager is Sam Ayoub, he knows the game and how to bleed us for everything he can get.

betcats

Referee
If we do end up looking at one of the young guys at fullback I think Edwards could be used elsewhere in the back line. I know his last game on the wing wasnt good but that was the end of his run of terrible form last year, he is good enough to play on the wing at least, possibly could make a good centre if he can defend there. He can break tackles and has a good enough passing game for a centre. Anyway I dont see him lasting long with Staines and Crichton looking at that spot. Dylan will likely get another gig at fullback elsewhere given his form last year but if he was willing to stay it would be cool, he is such a great guy.

If we do end up looking at one of the young guys at fullback I think Edwards could be used elsewhere in the back line. I know his last game on the wing wasnt good but that was the end of his run of terrible form last year, he is good enough to play on the wing at least, possibly could make a good centre if he can defend there. He can break tackles and has a good enough passing game for a centre. Anyway I dont see him lasting long with Staines and Crichton looking at that spot. Dylan will likely get another gig at fullback elsewhere given his form last year but if he was willing to stay it would be cool, he is such a great guy.

Definitely worth a try, but as you say he could get a FB spot somewhere else quite easily. I reckon he’s about the 7th or 8th best FB in the comp.

murraymob

Coach
We can talk about this player or that player.But I have been impressed by Mansour and the work he is putting in right now with private training .He is on track to fight for his spot in the team

CCJohnC

Juniors
May start at centre?!

I’m having nightmares, he’s not a centre’s arsehole!

If we lose Naden as well, we have to go out and buy a centre, at least as a short term option. Maybe Turuva could come in to the team at some point, but he won’t be ready at the start of the year. Tyrone May just isn’t cut out for a full season at centre.

Robert Jennings - Centre

We can talk about this player or that player.But I have been impressed by Mansour and the work he is putting in right now with private training .He is on track to fight for his spot in the team

Is that his plan, to fight for his spot?

I heard the Tigers only offered a 2 year deal but he wanted 3. But a huge risk to stay here.

soc123_au

Staff member
I hope he does fight his way in somewhere.

BxTom

Bench
Laurie and Burton gone. Edwards goes down, Staines (or Critchon if he stays) will be our only FB options, leaving a spot for a winger or centre. Makes Mansour look attractive as an option in those circumstances...

WestyLife

First Grade
Laurie and Burton gone. Edwards goes down, Staines (or Critchon if he stays) will be our only FB options, leaving a spot for a winger or centre. Makes Mansour look attractive as an option in those circumstances...

Yeah I'd take Sauce over Jennings.

Whino

Bench
Rennings was let go by us, Souths and Tiggers. I would be surprised if he suddenly found better form. Not impossible, but the odds are not great..

True but to his credit he opted to get a head start and train with the Jersey Flegg side. On a 1 year deal he has everything to gain if he works hard and takes whatever opportunities come next year.
I am sure he knows it is now or never in his career.

Last edited:

Panfa

Juniors
Barring brian t'oo all of our backs are over 6 foot which i think is crucial these days in the nrl.Speed size and power is what you need.Look at storm and chooks big outside backs are a must.Parra got size in there backs as well no surprise the 4 sides ive mentioned all finished top 4 this yr next best were the raiders another big backline team.

age.s

First Grade

His last game there wasn't great, but his first game there (his NRL debut) was very good. I remember him cleaning up a grubber that looked a try for all money. He can definitely play there.

franklin2323

Immortal
True but to his credit he opted to get a head start and train with the Jersey Flegg side. On a 1 year deal he has everything to gain if he works hard and takes whatever opportunities come next year.
I am sure he knows it is now or never in his career.

His issues has been injuries. Says fit and who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.