What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Belta

Juniors
I think your team is pretty close to the best available willzy91.

Looking at your forward selections, I am starting to think that with the right coaching and game plan, they may be able to hold their own with most opposition clubs. However, they will need that dominant forward we are waiting on, to get on top and for younger players to follow.

Aitken will be looking forward to the match as our forwards take on Fonua Blake, Murdoch-Masiila, Kane Evans, Leeson Ah Mau, Tohu Harris and reports they’re on the verge of signing Lodge for three years. Atleast they don’t have big wingers,

George Sancti

Juniors
Aitken will be looking forward to the match as our forwards take on Fonua Blake, Murdoch-Masiila, Kane Evans, Leeson Ah Mau, Tohu Harris and reports they’re on the verge of signing Lodge for three years. Atleast they don’t have big wingers,

So what you are saying is that it will need to be pretty good game plan !!

BLM01

First Grade
Yep they have Fusitua and Maumolo...2 of the best in the business
But they still have Euan.

BLM01

First Grade
So, as of now we are 4 players short (possibly 5 pending the DeBelin case).

A lot of talk about who or what we should be looking at to sign, however, I think hook has a specific type of player he is looking for. I'm pretty sure, not like the previous debacles, we won't be signing anyone just for the sake of it. He's after a specific skill set and whilst 4 seems a lot to sign I dislike stage into the start of the preseason, I prefer to get it right rather than boast a full Squad.
I believe there are still talks the number of players and don't discount some movement in the junior ranks.
I think also there is a lot riding on the outcome of the court case.

All true what you say. JDB out come is a huge factor not only playing but $$$ wise.
So that is why we all have to be patient.
Dragons wont know how much they have available yet if until decision is made.
If JDB is not here then they have an extra $500K or more ? to spend than they have today.

I keep saying we have got a stack more of likely unwanted fringies that wont be signed for 2022 (including Norman, Merrin) if they dont shine so we can then spend real big + upgarde youth and the Vaughan's and McInnes's etc for 2022 and beyond
But be calculated in who you get and dont spend for the sake as you and others have said
You are allowed to have 1 player short up until June 30.

BLM01

First Grade

Old Timer

Coach
No Chance in the world that team trots Round 1..this will be the most likely based on realistic scenarios ..Hook will give Hunt/Norman first dibs on the halves posi's

1. Dufty
2. Fegai
3. Lomax
4. Bird
5. Ramsey

6. Norman
7. Hunt

8. Kerr/Blacker
9. Mciness
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Ford
13. JDB - exonerated

14. Merrin
15. Ellis
16. Blacker/Kerr
17. Faamausili
Very close to the money
The JDB issue being the wildcard

Belta

Juniors
Yep they have Fusitua and Maumolo...2 of the best in the business
But they still have Euan.

Spot on, though I will say, in attack his dummy half runs on the back of the wingers hit ups will be quite effective but it’s the Warriors defence that’s been their Achilles and I can’t see Aitken helping in that department.

Belta

Juniors
Very close to the money
The JDB issue being the wildcard

It appears the Warriors went cold on JDB and instead are locking in Lodge, IMO theyve got more brains than our mob, and while I’m at it I’ll throw another contentious opinion in (whether it’s true will never know) but rumours still circulate that the clubs support JDB cost us Friz,

BLM01

First Grade
Good luck is right, a lot of teams have strengthened already and I hope they’re not depending on JDB as that’s not worked well in the past, and that’s pretty close to the side that will run out. Maybe Rav edges out JP. I think we are in for a tough slog but I hope the coaches are planning for the future, so my changes to that side is I’d like to see them give Feagai more game time alongside Lomax in the centres. Initially I’d play Bird as a utility off the bench, he had missed a lot of football and he’d be good value as a utility. Fingers crossed Ramsey starts and can continue make some exciting moments, Sullivan gets a shot and does the same, hopefully the other young backs step up they’ll atleast have a platform with 2nd tier comp running. Call me negative nelly but whenever I hear be patient there’ll be more signings I don’t get my hopes up

Dont despair. Least we did not rush out and buy Bryce Cartwright.
A few of the Eels signings show a bit of fringe player panic and desperation..not much better than what they let go

Belta

Juniors
Dont despair. Least we did not rush out and buy Bryce Cartwright.
A few of the Eels signings show a bit of fringe player panic and desperation..not much better than what they let go

True, Cartwright reminds me abit of Norman, at one point highly rated and somehow manages to get signed with the hope he will deliver but more often than not your left with disappointment. I’m gunna come around a be positive, after all there’s still hope our less experienced forwards will step up and have a big season, and I’ll be eating humble pie.

BLM01

First Grade
It appears the Warriors went cold on JDB and instead are locking in Lodge, IMO theyve got more brains than our mob, and while I’m at it I’ll throw another contentious opinion in (whether it’s true will never know) but rumours still circulate that the clubs support JDB cost us Friz,
Speaking of salary caps and Warriors signing Lodge (1 mill a season?)
Boy they have some on big money RTS, AFB, Lodge, wingers, halves.
Browney taking the NZ out of the Warriors
Who is going to lead or how many know the haka

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Speaking of salary caps and Warriors signing Lodge (1 mill a season?)
Boy they have some on big money RTS, AFB, Lodge, wingers, halves.
Browney taking the NZ out of the Warriors
Who is going to lead or how many know the haka
Yeah, the Haka isn’t a Warriors thing except for special occasions..

And even then, I think you’ll find the club has the stones to make it happen..

SnowDragon

Juniors
A couple of changes for me:

1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. M.Feagai
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. JDB (if available)

14. Kerr
15. Ford
16. Blacker
17. Faamausili

ATM I don't mind the team you suggested.

Prop
Lawrie, Kerr, and Faamausili can all fight it out for the 2nd proper starting position. Blacker needs to start on the bench and build game time to confirm he is the real deal.

Bird could play centres, but Fegai did enough for me to want him to start there, but int the 13 regardless for me. Would be OK with him playing 14 to start the season if unsure. Clearly could go to FB if Dufty looses the great form of 2020.

Lock - JDB the only real solid option atm... otherwise we need to recruit.

Halves, I really like Hunt and Sullivan. Just hope they can gel as a halves team.

possm

Coach
We still need to sign a top grade prop and a top grade right edge forward for season 2021; replacement players for Graham and Frizell.

Anyone know of suitable replacemnts for these two from rugby union ranks?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We still need to sign a top grade prop and a top grade right edge forward for season 2021; replacement players for Graham and Frizell.

I’d prefer to get two from soccer..

Gareth67

First Grade

Unless they have played league for some time prior to Union , then I would give the rah rah boys a miss possum .

The reason being is that the adjustment to the NRL would more than likely take a season or perhaps even longer before they would finally find their feet in our game - not worth the time and money .

possm

Coach
Lodge is still available. They say he has turned his life around and is keen to show good form and leadership from now on. If that is truly the case, Lodge is just the prop we need to round off our front row stocks.

Our run-on props Vaughan and Lodge, would be our best solution for setting a platform early, while on the bench, we have a number of players who can fill those bench positions; it would just depend on their form/fitness shown during the off-season.