What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five Major 2020 Rugby League Trophies...Zero Wins for NSW

Really? And here i am all this time thinking they were based in dubbo

Well the AFL thinks Canberra is in Greater Western Sydney... play many home games there..

But I’ve always asked the question... should players who played their junior football in the ACT be allowed to play for NSW??

Or more pointedly... should the team be renamed NSW / ACT ..

Desert Qlder

First Grade
View attachment 43967

Incidentally, the first year since 1991 no Queensland side has appeared in the finals.

While one could marvel at your powers of deduction, this is a point that has been hammered by all and sundry this year.

It only proves a more damning indictment on NSW and their impotence on capitalising on the situation.

Well the AFL thinks Canberra is in Greater Western Sydney... play many home games there..

But I’ve always asked the question... should players who played their junior football in the ACT be allowed to play for NSW??

Or more pointedly... should the team be renamed NSW / ACT ..

I thought most of their talent came from Queanbeyan?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
While one could marvel at your powers of deduction, this is a point that has been hammered by all and sundry this year.

It only proves a more damning indictment on NSW and their impotence on capitalising on the situation.
This makes no sense given:
- Origin isn't based on your current club
- Women's Origin has nothing to do with Men's NRL

Just because the no QLD teams in the finals since 1991 point has been drive home repeatedly this year, doesn't make it any less true - or bad for the three clubs in question.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
This makes no sense given:
- Origin isn't based on your current club
- Women's Origin has nothing to do with Men's NRL

Just because the no QLD teams in the finals since 1991 point has been drive home repeatedly this year, doesn't make it any less true - or bad for the three clubs in question.

Then you are rendering your historical curiosity completely irrelevant to this thread.

roofromoz

First Grade
What about this major trophy? I mean it's quite a large thing and you get prize money with it so must be major then?

images