What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsilium

First Grade
If we do end up looking at one of the young guys at fullback I think Edwards could be used elsewhere in the back line. I know his last game on the wing wasnt good but that was the end of his run of terrible form last year, he is good enough to play on the wing at least, possibly could make a good centre if he can defend there. He can break tackles and has a good enough passing game for a centre. Anyway I dont see him lasting long with Staines and Crichton looking at that spot. Dylan will likely get another gig at fullback elsewhere given his form last year but if he was willing to stay it would be cool, he is such a great guy.

He’d make a really good centre.

murraymob

Coach
Ado Carr suggesting get will be at the dogs .Be interesting how much they could then throw at crighton.They have made some big money signings already

Whino

Bench
Ado Carr suggesting get will be at the dogs .Be interesting how much they could then throw at crighton.They have made some big money signings already

If you believe the crap in the papers they can only afford one.
Addo Carr or Crichton.
Personally I think Crichton stays.

Kilkenny

Coach
You'd think so

I really do. There spending spree has to end at some point. They’ve recruited some big names already along with the high priced pommy front rower during the course of this season. If Ado Carr is heading to the Dogs I think that is great for us.

Kilkenny

Coach
I can’t find a link around what the Bulldogs paid for Luke Thompson the front rower but given his UK reputation as the best front rower in Super League he would not have been cheap.

Add in the confirmed new signings for this season in Hetherington, Cotric, Flanagan, Waddell and a couple of re-signings in Elliot & Averillo and that is some serious cap space.

Burton and Ado Carr from 2022 both high cost signings.

I just can’t see how they could possibly accommodate one or both of Crichton and Lenui while at the same time still have to fit another 16-20 under there cap in 2022. Simple maths says it just ain’t possible.

Kilkenny

Coach
Old Panther @ Westylife made a post a few days ago in jest around the fact he was concerned for my welfare given I was in a state of panic around our roster for 2021.

Let me just clear up this situation and it is nothing to do with Westy or anyone else.

I’m not in any way shape or form in a state of panic around our roster for next season.

I am hugely disappointed around losing or not being able to retain a number of players that were part of our successful squad in 2020. They keyword here being squad.

More important than that is I fail to understand how our brains trust didn’t have key players signed sealed and locked up before allowing them open to the open market.

It is what it is, I am sucking it up, can’t do otherwise but doesn’t alter the fact our club should have done there job better.

WestyLife

First Grade
Old Panther @ Westylife made a post a few days ago in jest around the fact he was concerned for my welfare given I was in a state of panic around our roster for 2021.

Let me just clear up this situation and it is nothing to do with Westy or anyone else.

I’m not in any way shape or form in a state of panic around our roster for next season.

I am hugely disappointed around losing or not being able to retain a number of players that were part of our successful squad in 2020. They keyword here being squad.

More important than that is I fail to understand how our brains trust didn’t have key players signed sealed and locked up before allowing them open to the open market.

It is what it is, I am sucking it up, can’t do otherwise but doesn’t alter the fact our club should have done there job better.

Maybe I was extreme in the language I used but the point is intact. You seem disappointed or concerned to an extent. If we lose Crichton/Lenui I would also somewhat agree with you that it's concerning.

MugaB

Coach

So...... how much is the salary cap this year???
Don't know??? Neither does anyone else, so stop your whinging, coz we can't overspend on a roster that might blow out our cap..
And if players don't want to sign, then thats that, its not the clubs fault, that Chricton leniu wanted to wait, its their right.

Ill be only disappointed if Yeo and Romy aren't locked up, the rest that are off contract can leave if they don't like the money they are being offered

Oh woeest me crap over the retention commitee is getting old, you cannot keep them all, and weve never had such a huge crop of 1st grade players all come thru together, usually its staggered over years, 2019-20 saw us strong with the roster thats their now, and matt burton skip thru the flegg and reserve grade sides fairly quickly, into the 1st grade depth, only as excess depth in the end

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Imagine if we did what some expected and signed everyone during the season... We'd be over for next year and likely end up paying guys to play elsewhere..

Or in Crichton's case the new manager wants more due to how the whole season played out... Same thing applies.

As long as the result is the same who cares how long it takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts