What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Crush

Coach
Norman's whole social media is just rubbish with him and his boyzos.
He seriously doesn't seem to give a flying f**k about football.
You have to respect a man that makes enough money for a lifetime from a sport he has really only excelled at for a handful of games in his life!
Well done Corey.

redv13

Bench
Don’t know why he’s so excited..

If he truly is on $800k, he’s only won a week & a half of salary..

And based on how pokies work, chances are he’s pumped much much more into them..

Pokies are a cancer on society.
I’m sure that’s how the flop reacts every month when he sees his $70,000 that is deposited into his bank account for very little effort.....

The Badger

Juniors
Out one ear hole up one nose hole.
What a bunch of absolute champions, still feeding the one armed bandits. Im going to guess that wasn't beginners luck. A bunch of blokes that have all pretty much thrown their promising careers the same place they throw their money, down the toilet.
Dragons must move on from Norman which to me is playing him in CC off the bench so he wont influence the young prospects coming through.Hunt is in the same category.You only have to watch their body language.One doesnt care and the other cares too much. This results in them both giving up for different reasons.Watch the good players,they just move on to the next play with the same focused ,balanced attitude.This becomes infectious to the team mates.

possm

Coach
Dragons must move on from Norman which to me is playing him in CC off the bench so he wont influence the young prospects coming through.Hunt is in the same category.You only have to watch their body language.One doesnt care and the other cares too much. This results in them both giving up for different reasons.Watch the good players,they just move on to the next play with the same focused ,balanced attitude.This becomes infectious to the team mates.
Send them both to the local Illawarra competition and then watch them plead for a release. Their managers would be scrambling to find them a new club because they want the commission.

The Badger

Juniors
Send them both to the local Illawarra competition and then watch them plead for a release. Their managers would be scrambling to find them a new club because they want the commission.
Thats an even better strategy Possum.The less they are involved the better.They both have talent but are pschologically flawed.I would prefer a player with less talent but possessing the right mindset.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I feel Mathew Elliott will pick this up if that starts to happen. I think the learning and culture environment will be way different in 2021.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I believe we will see the last of Norman after the 2021 season is finished. He will get his 800k salary no latter where he plays even if its the coal league and we still wear in on our cap
Add to this, we've tried to sell him off with not 1 bite.

As for Hunt, like Norman, he will get paid no matter what competition he plays in, and thats for another 3 years. No one, I repeat, no one is goung to pick up 3 years at 900k for Hunt. And it would be absolutely negligent managememt for us to 'chip in' any amount that would be detrimental to our salary cap.

Lets face facts we have them both next year, then, there will be one less.

The Badger

Juniors
Evans
I believe we will see the last of Norman after the 2021 season is finished. He will get his 800k salary no latter where he plays even if its the coal league and we still wear in on our cap
Add to this, we've tried to sell him off with not 1 bite.

As for Hunt, like Norman, he will get paid no matter what competition he plays in, and thats for another 3 years. No one, I repeat, no one is goung to pick up 3 years at 900k for Hunt. And it would be absolutely negligent managememt for us to 'chip in' any amount that would be detrimental to our salary cap.

Lets face facts we have them both next year, then, there will be one less.
Yes we have them for as long as it takes to move them on.I just dont want them in a position where we are depending on them when hopefully a whole new culture is being established.They will at least get their money.We dont have to try and get our moneys worth out of them by selecting them in first grade which has previously happened.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s makes you wonder just what the Eels must had thought when the maestro not only took this imbecile of their hands ( and by so doing restore some peace to their ranks - Norman / Moses feud ) , but also by paying him such a outrageous amount of money ?

And they thought they had troubles - good lawd !

I wish you were on the Board, mate.
A quick browse of www.rugbyleagueproject.org/ reveals that, in his stellar 11 year career, the $800,000 man has a win percentage of 44.71%, played in 2 semi finals (lost both) and 1 origin match (lost it). Can you imagine the thought processes behind signing this guy on for the money we are paying him for very little return?
This guy is a rugby league anchor. And I don't mean that he's solid and secure. I mean he's a dead weight who helps to keep you stuck in a rut.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Given Norman’s next contract is highly likely to be less than $800k, why would his manager be “scrambling to get him a new deal”, as the manager’s salary would go down as well..?

BLM01

First Grade
Well I might be Robinson Crusoe, but to me Hunt is a 1st grader and in our current squad well within our Top 5 players.
Why play him in reggies?
We actually need him ATM

Last edited:

jak

Bench
:flushed: My only comment is that I wish that had been me - but why some bloke who has money coming out of his err . . ear holes , for use of a better word ?
and i can guess who you would give half the win to,please stop making it so easy for me.

possm

Coach
Given Norman’s next contract is highly likely to be less than $800k, why would his manager be “scrambling to get him a new deal”, as the manager’s salary would go down as well..?
The two main considerations in a contract are the salary and the term. The manager would want to extend the term to ensure he continues to be paid something. As it is it is likely that no club would pick him up if he is relegated to the 'coal competition'.

So moving him on to another club for say a 3 year deal at 400k would be much better than staying at a club that does not want you and is on the lookout to find a reason to terminate your contract.